Daily GK Update 20 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Prime Minster to Inaugurate India Energy Forum by CERAWeek
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the India Energy Forum by CERAWeek that will be held between October 26, 2020 to October 28, 2020. The forum is in its fourth year and is hosted by IHS Markit.
- India Energy Forum by CERAWeek will be providing unique opportunity for the energy industry across the world. It will provide an opportunity to hear directly from political leaders, policymakers and industry leaders. The forum would be talking about what lies ahead in the world of energy globally and in India.
♦Kati Bihu festival Celebrated In Assam
- Kati Bihu is a regional public holiday in the Indian state of Assam on the first day of the month of Kati (Kartik) in the Assamese calendar. Kati Bihu is also called Kongali (“Poor”) as the granaries are usually empty and there is not much to eat at this time of the year.
- Bihu are three festivals held in Assam; Bhogali or Magh Bihu is observed on January 13th or 14th, Rongali or Bohag Bihu is observed on April 14th or 15th, Kongali or Kati Bihu is observed in October.
- All three of the Bihu are related to agriculture. The other two Bihu mark key dates in the harvest. This Bihu is celebrated during the time of relocation of the rice sapling – Kati means “cut”.
Note: List of Important Festival in Assam
- Ambubachi Festival
- Majuli Festival
- Dehing Patkai Festival
- Tea Festival
- Baishagu Festival
- Karam Puja
♦Uttar Pradesh Governor launches ‘Safe City Project’ in Lucknow
- Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel on 18th October said the movement of women police personnel in Lucknow will inculcate a feeling of pride and safety for women in the city.
- The Governor spoke while inaugurating the ‘Safe City Project’, a 180-day-long campaign under which the police and other departments will work towards safety of women.
Note: About UP
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
♦India’s first ever multi-modal logistics park – to be set up in Assam
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari will lay down the foundation stone for India’s first multi-modal logistics park in Assam on October 20, 2020. This multi-modal logistics park have an estimated budget of ₹694 crore.
- This multi-modal logistic park will be developed under the Bharatmala Pariyojna. The project would provide direct connectivity through air, road, rail and waterways to the people.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India 4th most powerful country in Asia Power Index 2020
- India has been ranked at 4th position, with a score of 39.7 out of 100, in the Asia Power Index 2020, released by the Sydney-based Lowy Institute.
- The Asia Power Index 2020 ranks 26 countries and territories to assess the relative power of states in Asia.
- The annual Asia Power Index is an analytical tool that ranks countries in terms of what they have, and what they do with what they have (resources and influence) to have dominant power in Asia.
♦India successfully test fired SANT Missile
- India successfully test fired the Stand-Off Anti-Tank Missile named as SANT on October 19, 2020. It will be inducted in the Indian Air Force. The missile has been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO). The missile was test fired from the Chandipur test range. The SANT missile has the capability of lock-on before launch and lock-on after launch.
- The missile is a variant of Nag missile and an upgraded version of the HELINA. HELINA is yet another variant of the NAG missile. The missile was first test fired in November 2018 from Pokhran.
♦20th October: World Osteoporosis Day
- World Osteoporosis Day is observed annually on October 20th, and launches a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease.
- Organized by the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF), the World Osteoporosis Day campaign is accompanied by community events and local campaigns by national osteoporosis patient societies from around the world with activities in over 90 countries.
♦20th October: World Statistics Day
- The third World Statistics Day is observed globally on 20 October 2020. The celebration of World Statistics Day 2020 is a global collaborative endeavour, organized under the guidance of the United Nations Statistical Commission.
- Theme 2020: “Connecting the world with data we can trust.”
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account