Daily GK Update: 21 & 22 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦UN World Happiness Index: India at 144 rank, Finland tops again
- The United Nations (UN) on 21st March released its World Happiness Report and India was at a dismal 144 rank of a total 156 nations
- On top of the charts is Finland rated as high as 7.809 points for the third consecutive year with Denmark (7.646) and Switzerland (7.560) at the no 2 and 3 spots, respectively. Followed by Iceland (7.504) and Norway (7.488), completing the top five positions in the ranking.
List of India’s Ranking Index (Recently)
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index- 40
- Child flourishing index rankings- 77
- Women, Peace and Security Index- 133
- Global competitiveness index-68
- Global passport Index 2020-84
Banking and Financial
♦IRDAI sets up panel on governance at insurers headed by Pravin Kutumbe
- The country’s insurance regulator has set up a 16-member committee to find ways to improve corporate governance systems of insurers, primarily on making key functions such as risk management and internal audits independent of each other.
- The Insurance Regulation and Development Authority (IRDAI) said on 20th March that a peer review of its current guidelines on corporate governance “indicated that there is need to further strengthen the guidelines”.
- The committee will be headed by Pravin Kutumbe, member-finance and investment at IRDAI and has six other members from the insurance regulator besides members from the Reserve Bank of India and the Securities and Exchange Board of India along with other industry participants. It has been asked to submit the report to IRDAI in three months.
♦Two Indian Women umpires Janani Narayanan, Vrinda Rathi named in ICC panel
- Indian umpires Janani Narayanan and Vrinda Rathi were inducted into the International Panel of ICC Development Umpires, taking the count of women match officials across different ICC panels up to 12.
- Narayanan, 34, and Rathi, 31, who hail from Chennai and Mumbai respectively, have officiated in domestic matches in India since 2018.
♦21st March: World Poetry Day
- World Poetry Day is celebrated on 21 March, and was declared by UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in 1999, “with the aim of supporting linguistic diversity through poetic expression and increasing the opportunity for endangered languages to be heard”.
Note: List of March’s Important Day
- 1st March-World civil defence day
- 3rd March-World Hearing Day
- 3rd March-World Wildlife Day
- 8th March-International Women’s Day
- 15th March-World Consumer Rights Day
♦21st March: International Day of Forests 2020
- The Coronavirus pandemic has taught us the importance of nature. Forests work as one of the important chains of the ecosystem.
- To celebrate these natural sources of environment, March 21 is observed as International Day of Forests around the globe.
- Theme 2020: Forests and Biodiversity.
♦21st March: World Down Syndrome Day
- It is an initiative taken around the world since 2012. Down Syndrome International linked up with several national charities across the world to generate activities and events to spread awareness and provide support to the patients suffering from Down syndrome. It also makes people understand the reason behind the disease, symptoms and treatment.
- Theme 2020: “We Decide”
♦21st March: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- 21 March as the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination to be commemorated annually. On that day, in 1960, police opened fire and killed 69 people at a peaceful demonstration in Sharpeville, South Africa, against the apartheid “pass laws”. Proclaiming the Day in 1966 which signifies the struggle to end the policy of apartheid in South Africa, the General Assembly called on the international community to redouble its efforts to eliminate all forms of racial discrimination.
♦Veteran Tamil director-actor Visu passes away
- Meenakshisundaram Ramasamy Viswanthan, popularly known as Visu in the Tamil film industry, passed away due to kidney failure on March 22. He was 74.
- The actor-director was a prominent figure in Kollywood in the 80s and 90s. He began his career working as an assistant under legendary filmmaker K Balachander. Visu’s first movie was Pattina Pravesam (1977). He got his first break with hit comedy movie Thillu Mullu, which starred Rajinikanth.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|