Daily GK Update 21th August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India Ranked 57th in Digital Quality of Life 2020, Denmark tops
- 2nd edition of global research “Digital Quality of Life (DQL) Index 2020” released by online privacy solutions provider SurfShark.
- India ranked 57th out of 85 countries in terms of overall category “Digital Quality of Life 2020” with 0.5 index points which has been topped by Denmark with 0.79 points.
List of Some India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
♦Madhya Pradesh to offer jobs based on CET conducted by NRA
- Madhya Pradesh will be offering jobs based on the marks secured by candidates in the common eligibility test (CET) by National Recruitment Agency (NRA).
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to offer jobs on the basis newly approved CET.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India & Israel sign cultural agreement to further boost people-to-people ties
- India and Israel signed a cultural agreement that outlines a three-year programme of cooperation to further strengthen their strategic bilateral relations on 20th August.
- Aim: Promote greater people-to-people exchanges. The agreement states that it shall contribute to the development of their relations and to raising awareness, particularly among youth, of the history and culture of the people of both countries.
Note: About Israel
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
♦Keith Rowley Became Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago for a 2nd Consecutive Term
- Prime Minister Dr. Keith Christopher Rowley was on 19th August sworn into office for a second consecutive term at the head of a 22-member Cabinet, promising to implement policies aimed at significantly changing the socio-economic conditions in Trinidad and Tobago.
Note: About Trinidad and Tobago.
- Capital: Port of Spain
- Currency: Trinidad and Tobago dollar
♦India, Japan and Australia to launch “Supply Chain Resilience Initiative” to counter China
- The Supply Chain Resilience Initiative first proposed by Japan. The initiative purpose to reduce the dependency in China.
- Japan is to be joined by India and Australia. It is a direct response to companies that are concerned about Chinese political behaviour and disruption to supply chain.
- Aim: The main aim of the initiative is to attract foreign direct investment in the Indo-Pacific region. It also aims to turn the region to an economic powerhouse and build partner relationship between the countries in the region.
Note: About Australia
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Note: About Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- PM: Shinzō Abe
♦‘NPCI International Payments Limited’; Appointed Ritesh Shukla as its CEO
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has set up a subsidiary, called the NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL), to take its digital payments platform Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and RuPay card global.
- NPCI has appointed Ritesh Shukla as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NIPL. In this new role, Ritesh’s primary responsibilities would involve formulation of business strategy, leading business development and driving profitability by deploying NPCI’s pre-existing technology and solutions in international markets.
Note: About NPCI
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2008
- Founders: Reserve Bank of India, Indian Banks’ Association
♦National Sports Awards: Full List
- “The National Sports Awards Selection Committee members, headed by Retired Supreme Court Justice Mukundakam Sharma, handed over the recommendations for National Sports Award of 2020. READ FULL LIST ……………
♦Former Cricketer Gopalaswamy Kasturirangan passed away
- Veteran cricketer Gopalaswamy Kasturirangan passed away due to heart attack at his residence on 19th August.
- He was 89, was a former cricketer-administrator and the BCCI curator.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account