Daily GK Update : 21 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦‘One nation, one ration card’ scheme to be implemented by June 1 across India
- Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on 20th January announced that the ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ scheme will be implemented by June 1 across the country.
- Earlier on January 1, Paswan had said that this facility has been started in 12 states in the country on the first day of the New Year.
♦Andhra Pradesh Cabinet clears the Proposal for three capitals: Visakhapatnam, Amaravati, Kurnool
- The Jaganmohan Reddy government on 21st January introduced the bill in Andhra Pradesh Assembly to have three capitals in the state. The cabinet, eariler in the morning, had approved the three-capital proposal during its meeting at the state secretariat, chaired by CM Reddy.
- The AP Decentralisation and Inclusive Development of All Regions Bill, 2020, also provides for dividing the state into various zones and establishing zonal planning and development boards.
Note: About Andhra Pradesh
- Literacy rate: 67.41% (2011)
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
♦PM Modi, Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli to jointly inaugurate Jogbani-Biratnagar check post
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepali counterpart KP Sharma Oli will on 21st January jointly inaugurate the second Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Jogbani-Biratnagar, built with Indian assistance to facilitate trade and people’s movement.
- The check post has been built with India’s assistance in a bid to facilitate trade and people’s movement between two countries.
- This is the second ICP on the Nepal border. The first was built at the Raxaul-Birgunj border in 2018.
Note: About Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
International (Current Affairs)
♦50th World Economic Forum stats in Davos
- The 50th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum opens in Davos, Switzerland on 21st
- This year’s programme focuses on achieving maximum impact on the Forum’s platform for public-private cooperation across six core areas of activity: ecology, economy, society, industry, technology, and geopolitics.
- Among the initiatives to be launched at the annual meeting is one that aims to plant one trillion trees over the next decade and to equip one billion people with the necessary skills in the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone to be awarded Crystal Award at Davos.
- WEF aims to bring together business, politics and educational global leaders to device industrial outlook. The forum aims to uphold moral and intellectual integrity.
Note: About WEF
- Founded: January 1971
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
- Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world
♦Corona virus in China
- The outbreak began in Wuhan, a city of 11 million people. Many of the patients have reportedly been linked to Hua Nan Seafood Wholesale Market, a large seafood and animal market in the city, according to CBS News’ Ramy Inocencio. But a rising number of people have apparently contracted the virus without exposure to the market.
- What is a coronavirus?- Coronaviruses are a large group of viruses that can cause illnesses as minor as a cold, or as serious as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), according to the World Health Organization. They often present with pneumonia-like symptoms.
Note: About China
- Population: 138.64 crores (2017), World Bank
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
♦Cyclone Tino hits Fiji
- Tropical Cyclone Tino strengthened to a Category Three storm on 19th January as it closed in on Tonga after battering Fiji where two people were missing and more than 3,000 fled to emergency shelters.
- The Fiji Meteorological Service said the wind gusts from Tino had increased to 180 kilometres per hour (110 mph) and would likely have its biggest impact in the northern areas of Tonga when it hits overnight.
List of Cyclone hits 2019:
- Typhoon Faxai-Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon Kammuri-Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone-Philippines
- Tropical Cyclone Sarai-Fiji
- Typhoon hagibis– Japan
Banking and Financial
♦Zomato acquired the Indian operations of Uber Eats
- Online food delivery and restaurant discovery platform Zomato has acquired the Indian operations of Uber Eats, the food delivery business run by Uber, for around $350 million (Rs 2,485 crore).
- The all-stock transaction will give the US-based ride-hailing company about 10% shareholding in Gurgaon-based Zomato.
♦India ranked 8th among the top 10 nations receiving FDI in 2019, US tops: UNCTAD report
- India was among the top 10 recipients of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in 2019, attracting $49 billion in inflows, a 16% increase from the previous year, driving the FDI growth in South Asia. The majority went into services industries, including information technology.
- UNCTAD, in its Global Investment Trend Monitor report said that the global foreign direct investment remained flat in 2019 at $1.39 trillion, a 1% decline from a revised $1.41 trillion in 2018.
- Inflows into Bangladesh and Pakistan declined by 6% and 20%, respectively, to $3.4 billion and $1.9 billion.
- United States-the largest recipient of FDI– remained stable at $251 billion.
- China, the second largest recipient, saw zero-growth in FDI inflows. Its FDI inflows in 2018 were $139 billion and $140 billion in 2019.
♦Challa Sreenivasulu Setty appointed managing director of SBI
- The government on 20th January appointed Challa Sreenivasulu Setty as the managing director of the State Bank of India for a period of three years.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the proposal of the Department of the Financial Services for the appointment of Setty, currently serving as the deputy managing director of the SBI.
♦Bank of India, Bank of Baroda and Canara Bank get new MD & CEOs
- The government on 20th January appointed heads of three large public sector banks – Bank of Baroda, Bank of India and Canara bank for a period of three years.
- Bank of Baroda – Sanjiv Chadha has been appointed as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bank of Baroda (BoB) by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC). He succeeds P S Jayakumar, whose term ended in October last year.
- Canara Bank: Lingam Venkat Prabhakar as MD & CEO of Canara Bank.
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das as MD & CEO of Bank of India.
Note:List of Banks CEO/MD:
- Bank of Maharashtra-A. S. Rajeev
- Indian Bank– Padmaja Chunduru
- Indian Overseas Bank-Karnam Sekar
- Punjab National Bank-Mallikarjuna Rao
- Union Bank of India-Rajkiran Rai G.
♦Supreme Court sets up a panel for draft mediation law headed by mediator Niranjan Bhat
- The Supreme Court has, through a unique step, set up a panel to firm up a draft legislation to give legal sanctity to disputes settled through mediation, which would then be sent to the government as a suggestion from the apex court.
- The panel, to be headed by mediator Niranjan Bhat, will recommend a code of conduct for mediators, who are legal experts. On January 12, the committee met in Hyderabad to consider suggestions for a legislation put forth by mediators from all over India.
- The mediators emphasised on confidentiality, the voluntary nature of the process, neutrality, avoiding conflicts of interest, enforceability of settlement
Note: List of latest Committee
- RBI’s Task Force on Offshore Rupee Markets-Usha Thorat
- ATM Interchange Free Structure-VG Kannan
- Currency Movement-DK Mohanty
- Economic Capital Frame Work-Bimal Jalan
♦Indian Navy Signs MoU for offshore Data with Geological Survey of India
- Indian Navy has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Geological Survey of India (GSI) for ‘Sharing of seabed sediments data, products and expertise for Naval Application in Meteorology and Oceanography’.
- GSI’s Marine and Coastal survey Division based at Mangaluru has mapped most of India’s 2.1 Million km2 Exclusive Economic Zone and has a vast repository of offshore data. This data collected using GSI’s state-of-the-art oceanic research vessels Samudra Manthan, Samudra Kaustubh, Samudra Shaudhikama and Samudra Ratnakar, will now be used by Indian Navy’s rapidly growing blue water fleet for reliable and accurate oceanographic modeling to support their expansive maritime operations in the Indian Ocean region.
Book and Author
♦Book “Human Dignity– A purpose in perpetuity”, launched by Manmohan Singh
- Institutions of India’s liberal democracy need to be strengthened and must assert themselves in defence of the Constitution, former prime minister Manmohan Singh .
- Former Union minister Ashwini Kumar’s book Human Dignity—A purpose in perpetuity in New Delhi.
♦Former Test Batsman Man Mohan Sood passes away
- Former Test batsman and National selector Man Mohan Sood passed away.
- Sood made his first class debut against Services at Ferozeshah Kotla in 1957 and played his final Ranji Trophy match against Jammu and Kashmir at Srinagar in 1964.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|