Daily GK Update, 21 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India’s first public Electric Vehicle charging plaza inaugurated
- Union Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy, RK Singh, inaugurated India’s first public Electric Vehicle (EV) charging plaza at Chelmsford Club in the national capital on 20th
- The charging plaza has been set up with a focus on enhancing energy efficiency and promoting e-mobility.
♦Union Minister of Food Processing Harsimrat Kaur Badal e-inaugurates Zoram Mega Food Park in Mizoram
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries in the Government of India and Member Harsimrat Kaur Badal on 20th July inaugurated the Zoram Mega Food Park Ltd at Kolasib in Mizoram through virtual conference.
- The Food Park built at a cost of Rs 75 crore and spread over 55 Acres of land will directly benefit over 25,000 farmers and will provide employment opportunities to over 5,000 people in the region.
Banking and Financial
♦Tamil Nadu signs MoUs with 8 companies worth Rs 10,399 crore
- Tamil Nadu on signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with eight companies to set up their manufacturing units in the state bringing an investment of Rs 10,399 crore.
- The cumulative investment envisaged in the projects will create 13,507 jobs across the state in solar cells, data centres and industrial parks.
- The MoUs will bring in investments in the areas of solar cells and modules manufacturing, agrotech and iron foundry, among others.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital: Chennai
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
♦Nomura estimates India’s GDP to contract by 6.1% in FY21
- Economic activity continues to remain weak and will lead to a (-)6.1 per cent contraction in India’s GDP in the FY 21, a Japanese brokerage Nomura
- It estimated contractions of 5.6 per cent in September quarter, 2.8 per cent for December quarter and 1.4 per cent in the March quarter, which will give a full fiscal GDP at negative 6.1 per cent.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
- Care Rating: (-)6.4%
- FICCI: (-)4.5%
♦Ashwini Kumar Tewari appointed as the new SBI Cards MD & CEO
- SBI cards and Payment Services has named Ashwini Kumar Tewari as its new Managing Director and chief executive officer. He was nominated by parent State Bank of India for the position and his appointment will come into effect from August 1, 2020.
♦CBDT signs MoU with MSME ministry to share data
- The Income-Tax Department will start sharing data on depreciation, sales and gross turnover of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) as reported in their ITRs with the Union MSME ministry.
- ‘The MoU comes into force from the date it was signed. Both the organisations will appoint Nodal Officers and Alternate Nodal Officers to facilitate the process of data exchange.
♦India navy & US Navy conduct PASSEX Exercise
- The Indian Navy on July 20, conducted Passex (passing exercises) with the United States (US) Navy’s USS Nimitz, which is a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.
- The cooperative exercises took place near the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and transited through the Indian Ocean region. The Indian Navy had recently conducted similar passing exercises with the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force and French Navy.
- The US-India Passex (passing exercise) off the Andaman and Nicobar coast in Malacca Strait is going to send out a strong message to China.
List of India and US defence Exercise
- Red Flag-India and US
- “Tiger Triumph”- India and US
- Yudh Abhyas-India and US
♦ICC postpones T20 World Cup to 2022
- The T20 World Cup, scheduled to be played in Australia in October-November this year, has formally been postponed to 2022.
- Besides deferring the T20 World Cup to October-November, 2022, the ICC Board also decided to push the 2023 ODI World Cup in India to October-November that year from February-March.
♦United Arab Emirates launches ‘Hope’ mission to Mars on Japanese rocket
- A mission called Hope, the Arab region’s first attempt to go interplanetary, is on its way to
- Hope blasted off from Japan’s Tanegashima Space Center atop a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries H-IIA rocket on July 19. The spacecraft separated from the rocket about an hour after liftoff and was expected to deploy its solar panels to power the seven-month cruise to Mars.
Note: About UAE
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
♦20th July: Space Exploration Day
- The annual holiday commemorates the anniversary of the first manned mission to the Moon. On July 20, 1969, Americans astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to step foot on the surface of the Moon. In 1984, the day was proclaimed a holiday by United States President Ronald Reagan.
♦Madhya Pradesh governor Lalji Tandon passes away
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon passed away on 21st July at the age of 85. Tandon had been hospitalised in Lucknow in June with breathing problems, difficulty in urination and fever. He was put on ventilator support on June 11.
- In his career spanning five decades, Tandon served in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council for two terms from 1978 to 1984, and 1990-1996; as an MLA in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly for three terms between 1996 to 2009; as MP in the 15th Lok Sabha; and Governor of Bihar and Madhya Pradesh.
♦Odia actor Bijay Mohanty passes away
- Odia actor Bijay Mohanty died at a private hospital here on Monday night following a prolonged illness, family sources said. He was 70.
- A host of dignitaries including Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and Union Petroleum and Steel Minister Dharmendra Pradhan mourned Mohanty’s death.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here