Daily GK Update 21 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ India Ranks Second in Inflow of Migrants to OECD Countries, China Retains Top Spot
- India ranked second in terms of the “total” inflow of new migrants to OECD countries during the year 2018 as well as in the number of Indians obtaining citizenship of these countries, a report by OECD revealed. Notably, China continued to retain the top position as the largest source country, India overtook Romania to emerge as the second-largest source country.
- Migration from India to OECD countries climbed significantly by 10% and hit 3.3 lakh and it accounted for about 5% of the overall migration to OECD countries.
- The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) is a forum where the governments of 36 member states with market economies work with each other, as well as with more than 70 non-member economies to foster economic growth and sustainable development.
♦ Union Cabinet Approves Adoption Of Jammu & Kashmir Panchayati Raj Act
- The Union Cabinet on 21st October approved the adoption of the Jammu & Kashmir Panchayati Raj Act, 1989, a government spokesperson said. Briefing the press after a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Union minister Prakash Javadekar said the move will help establish all the three tiers of grassroots-level democracy in Jammu & Kashmir like in other parts of the country.
♦ Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launches ‘Mo Bidyut’ portal, app
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 19th October launched an electricity consumer service portal Mo Bidyut and its mobile app to provide efficient, time-bound and transparent online service to the people of the State.
- With the launching of the portal, consumers will, henceforth, be able to avail services pertaining to new power connection up to 5 KW for domestic, general purpose and specified public purpose like irrigation, pumping and agriculture within 48 hours, energy bill payment and grievance redressal relating to the service.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦ Haryana tops Anemia Mukt Bharat Index
- Haryana State emerged as the best state in the Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) Index among all the 29 states in the country.
- Haryana was ranked at the top with an AMB Index of 46.7. The state has also achieved 93% of immunization in year 2019-2020 for the first time.
- Haryana is one of 11 states in the country that have achieved National Health Policy targets well before 2020.
Banking & Financial
♦ SEBI Sets Up Advisory Committee for Recommending Policy on Market Data Access headed by Madhabi Puri Buch
- Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has constituted a Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) – a standing committee – to, recommend appropriate policy for access to securities market data, identify segment wise data perimeters, data needs and gaps, recommend data privacy and data access regulations applicable to market data.
- The Committee would be headed by Madhabi Puri Buch, whole time member (WTM) of SEBI and has chief executives (CEOs) of stock exchanges and depositories, representatives of various stakeholders and senior officials of SEBI as members.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’: Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak
- National Financial Reporting Authority: Professor R. Narayanaswamy
- Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
- National level committee for reform in criminal law: Ranbir Singh
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
- Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
- Assessment of relief to bank borrower: Rajiv Mehrishi
- Government gives one-year extension to Company Law Committee –Rajesh Verma
- Preventing stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana and UP which is a source of pollution in Delhi-national capital region (NCR): Ex-judge M B Lokur
♦ India’s Elavenil Valarivan wins gold in International Air Rifle Championship
- In Shooting, the world number one Elavenil Valarivan of India won the gold medal in women’s event of the 2020 Sheikh Russel International Air Rifle Championship.
- The event was organised by Bangladesh Shooting Sport Federation (BSSF). Japan’s Naoya Okada won the gold in the men’s event, while India’s Shahu Tushar Mane bagged a silver.
Book & Author
♦ NK Singh launches his autobiography ‘Portraits Of Power’
- Veteran Economist and bureaucrat N K (Nand Kishore) Singh has released his autobiography titled “Portraits of Power: Half a Century of Being at Ringside”.
- The book portrays the life of NK Singh who played an active role in the development of the Indian economy.
- He is currently serving as the Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission.
♦ 20th October: International Chefs Day
- International Chefs Day is observed every year on 20 October to celebrate and honour the noble profession, and to educate people around the world about eating healthy.
- It is also the day for experienced chefs to pass on their knowledge and culinary skills to the next generation with a sense of pride and commitment. Dr. Bill Gallagher, a renowned chef and the former president of the World Association of Chefs Societies (World Chefs), created International Chefs Day in 2004.
- Theme 2020: ‘Healthy Food For the Future’.
♦ 21st October: Police Commemoration Day
- The Police Commemoration Day is celebrated on October 21 every year. The day is observed to honour the martyrs who sacrifice their lives in this service to the nation. This year, the day was observed to honour the police officers from across the country who have been working day and night to ensure COVID-19 norms are followed properly.
- They are the frontline workers who have been risking their lives in order to contain the spread of the virus.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account