Daily GK Update 22 & 23 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦AP Govt Signed MoU with Reliance Retail, Jio and Allana Group to Help Women SHGs Market Their Products
- Andhra Pradesh(AP) government has signed an Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Reliance Retail, Reliance Jio Infocomm and Allana Group to empower women and help women Self-Help Groups(SHGs) in the state to market their products.
- Reliance Retail will support the micro-grocery women retailers through the ‘JioMart Kirana’ stores, which will be digitally equipped and act as online stores.
- The Allana Group, one of the largest exporters of processed food, will extend technical support for rearing buffalos, cows, goat and sheep.
Note: About AP
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦Israel’s MoU with UP to resolve Bundelkhand water crisis
- The Uttar Pradesh and Israel governments on 21st August signed a ‘plan of cooperation’ to resolve water crisis in Bundelkhand region.
- The India –Israel – Bundelkhand Water Project comprises three key components including water conservation, water efficient transportation and advanced water practices for agriculture.
- For this project, 28 districts across the country, including two in Uttar Pradesh.
Note: About Israel
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
♦MP’s Police launched “Ek Sankalp – Bujurgo ke naam’ campaign proves to be boon for senior citizens amid corona pandemic
- In Madhya Pradesh, a unique campaign ‘Ek Sankalp – Bujurgo ke naam’e. ‘a commitment for elders’ is being run by the Chhatarpur Police in the midst of corona infection in the state.
- Renowned social worker Anna Hazare has also praised this campaign being run specifically for the elderly and helpless people.
- This unique campaign is proving to be a boon for the elderly people living alone in homes during the global pandemic COVID-19. In this campaign, the police are taking care of the elderly people from the food to their health.
♦Nitin Gadkari launches “Harit Path app” stresses on greener national highways
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari on 22nd August stressed the need for utilising modern and green technologies in highways construction besides reducing the cost of road building by at least 25 per cent.
- The road transport minister also launched a mobile app ‘Harit Path’ to monitor the plantation along the national highways.
- The app has been developed by NHAI to monitor location, growth, species details, maintenance activities, targets and achievements of each of its field units for each and every plant under all plantation projects.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Spain reports first West Nile virus death in 2020
- Spain has reported this year’s first death due to the West Nile virus, a mosquito-borne infection, officials said.
- A total of 35 people have so far been infected in the biggest West Nile outbreak ever detected in the country’s southern region of Andalusia.
Banking and Financial
♦HSBC India launched green deposit programme for corporate clients
- HSBC India on 21st August launched a “green deposit programme”, exclusively for corporate clients, under which deposits will be used by the bank to finance green initiatives and environment friendly projects.
- The deposit scheme will come in the form of a term deposit, which typically attracts higher interests as compared to savings deposits.
- This deposit scheme of the bank will offer its corporate clients stable and pre-agreed returns, and offer the same protection as a normal bank deposit does.
Note: About HSBC
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- CEO: Noel Quinn
- Founder: Thomas Sutherland
- Founded: 3 March 1865, Hong Kong
♦Maruti Suzuki partners with IIM Bangalore to incubate mobility startups
- India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India announced its partnership with Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB).
- Maruti Suzuki India said this partnership will help startups working in technology-based innovations that can be applied in the mobility sector.
- The first-of-its kind initiative by an automobile manufacturing company will help early-stage startups become large scale businesses.
♦ICICI Lombard to acquire Bharti AXA General Insurance
- Bharti AXA’s non-life insurance business will merge with ICICI Lombard’s general insurance business through a scheme of arrangement.
- Bharti Enterprises currently owns 51 per cent stake in Bharti AXA General Insurance, while French insurer AXA has 49 per cent.
♦Flipkart partners with Nepal’s Sastodeal, opening new market for MSMEs
- Flipkart has partnered with Nepal’s leading e-commerce firm Sastodeal to sell products from various verticals like baby care & kids, women’s ethnic wear and sports & fitness among others in the neighbouring country.
- The Bengaluru headquartered firm said this will be a first-of-its kind partnership with an overseas firm to sell Make in India products.
Note: About Flipkart
- Founded: October 2007, Bengaluru
- CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
- Founders: Sachin Bansal, Binny Bansal
♦Ashwani Bhatia appointed as managing director of State Bank of India
- The central government on 22nd August has appointed Ashwani Bhatia as the managing director (MD) of the State Bank of India (SBI).
- Ashwani Bhatia has been appointed as the managing director up to the date of his superannuation that is May 31, 2022.
- Ashwani Bhatia is currently working as the managing director and chief executive officer at SBI Mutual Fund.
List of CEO Other Bank
- SBI Chairman: Rajnish Kumar
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB): Partha Pratim Sengupta
♦Former Finance Secy Rajiv Kumar Appointed New Election Commissioner
- The central government on 22nd August appointed retired bureaucrat Rajiv Kumar as the new Election Commissioner.
- Rajiv Kumar will take charge the day Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa leaves office on August 31.
- Rajiv Kumar will have a five-year tenure and retire in 2025. He is likely to preside over the next Lok Sabha polls in 2024.
♦Anand Mahindra & Shantanu Narayen to receive 2020 Leadership Awards from USISPF
- A top US-based India-centric business advocacy group will honour Mahindra group Chairman Anand Mahindra and Adobe Chairman and CEO Shantanu Narayen with its 2020 Leadership Awards in recognition of their exemplary vision towards promoting US-India bilateral ties.
- Anand Mahindra & Shantanu Narayen displayed tremendous leadership and ambition in strengthening the US-India bilateral economic partnership according to John Chambers, Chairman of the USISPF Board.
♦Ronnie O’Sullivan Wins Sixth World Snooker Championship 2020
- Ronnie O’Sullivan wins sixth world title. Ronnie O’Sullivan claimed his sixth World Championship title with a dominant 18-8 victory over Kyren Wilson at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre.
Book and Author
♦A Book Titled ‘One Arranged Murder’ Authored by Chetan Bhagat
- In the past, the author had resorted to a similar practice to promote his 2018 book, Girl in Room 105.
- Author Chetan Bhagat recently announced his upcoming book, “One Arranged Murder”, and now he has released its cinematic trailer. Published by Westland Publications, it is slated to release on September 28, 2020.
♦August 21: World Senior Citizen’s Day 2020
- World Senior Citizen’s Day is annually observed on August 21.
- It aims to ensure the well-being of older adults and to raise awareness about the issues that affect their lives. The day also reminds us to acknowledge and appreciate their contributions to society.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here