Daily GK Update: 22 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Rajasthan govt launches new app Aayu & Sehat Sathi to battle coronavirus
- The Rajasthan government has partnered with healthcare startup MedCords to launch an 24*7 online consultation and medicine delivery to people of Rajasthan as the state battles the COVID-19 outbreak. The app, which will be called ‘Aayu & Sehat Sathi app’, will help over 68 million people of Rajasthan, the government has claimed.
- The app is currently helping over 10,000 patients per day with consultations and is providing home delivery of medicines through its Sehat Sathi network.
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App”: Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch App”: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App”: Govt. of India
- COVA Punjab App: Punjab
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
♦Delhi govt: Use ‘Assess Koro Na’ app for door-to-door survey in containment zones
- Delhi Chief Secretary Vijay Dev has asked all district magistrates to use the new ”Assess Koro Na” app for door-to-door survey in COVID-19 containment zones to speed up decision-making by analysing real-time data.
- Officials say the delay in collecting and analysing the data of a person in physical form is a major challenge.
- With this app, the data collected can be uploaded on the servers in real-time and analysed immediately.
- This will help the control centres in making a quick decision on requirement of ambulances and other medical equipment and personnel in the area.
♦India Drops 2 Places to Rank 142nd on Global Press Freedom Index
- India has dropped two places on a global press freedom index to be ranked 142nd out of 180 countries in the annual Reporters Without Borders analysis released on 21st April.
- South Asia in general features poorly on the index, with Pakistan dropping three places to 145, and Bangladesh dropping one place to 151.
- Norway is ranked first in the Index for the fourth year running. China at 177th position is just three places above North Korea, which is at 180th.
|180 (Bottom)||North Korea|
Note: List of India’s Ranking Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020: 144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020:120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index:40
- Child flourishing index rankings:70
International (Current Affairs)
♦India gifts 23 tonnes of essential medicines to Nepal
- Ambassador of India to Nepal Vinay Mohan Kwatra, handed over 23 tonnes of medicines to Nepal’s Minister for Health and Population Bhanubhakta Dhakal in Kathmandu on 22nd April.
- The consignment, as a gift from the people of India to people of Nepal, includes 8.25 lakhs dosage of essential medicines including 3.2 lakhs dosage of Paracetamol and 2.5 lakhs dosages of Hydroxychloroquine. This initiative manifests continuing cooperation of India and Nepal in all situations and circumstances.
- Nepal’s Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has expressed gratitude towards India for gifting essential medicines. In a tweet Mr Oli said “I thank Prime Minister Shri Narandra Modi ji for India’s generous support of 23 tonnes of essential medicines to Nepal, to fight COVID-19 Pandemic.”
Note: About Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
Banking and Financial
♦Facebook buys 9.99% stake in Reliance Jio for Rs 43,574 crore
- US social media giant Facebook will invest Rs 43,574 crore into Jio Platforms, a unit of Reliance Industries, for a 99% stake, a development which on 22nd April.
- The investment will value Jio Platforms – a digital apps platform at Rs 4.62 lakh crore. The deal with help Mukesh Ambani-owned RIL reduce debt further and allow the Mark Zuckerberg-led company get a stronger foothold in what is the US major’s largest market.
♦Paytm Payments Bank partners Mastercard to launch debit cards
- Paytm Payments Bank will now issue Mastercard debit cards to its account holders to enable them perform online transactions, make payment in stores as well as withdraw cash from ATMs.
- “Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) has partnered with Mastercard for the issuance of virtual and physical debit cards. To start with, PPBL will issue Mastercard virtual debit cards to its new customers, enabling them to perform secure online.
♦HSBC appoints Noel Quinn as Chief Executive Officer
- Noel Quinn was appointed interim CEO of HSBC last year. HSBC Holdings PLC has appointed Noel Quinn—a stalwart of the British bank—as chief executive seven months after he assumed the position on an interim basis. Mr. Quinn has been with HSBC for more than 30 years.
♦N Kamakodi reappointed as MD & CEO of City Union Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has given its approval for the re-appointment of N Kamakodi as MD & CEO of City Union Bank (CUB) for three years with effect from May 1, the private sector bank said in an exchange filing.
- Kamakodi has been associated with the Kumbakonam (Tamil Nadu)-headquartered CUB since 2003. He was elevated as MD and CEO in 2011.
Note: List of Bank’s CEO
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Bank of Maharashtra: A. S. Rajeev
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
♦Earth Day 2020
- The Earth day is observed on April 22 in order to create awareness about pollution and to celebrate the environment of our planet.
- This year is a special occasion as it marks the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day.
- Theme 2020: ‘Climate Action’.
Note: List of Important Day (April)
- 4 April- International Day of Mine awareness
- 5th April- National Maritime Day
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 10 April – World Homoeopathy Day (WHD)
- 11 April – National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD)
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here