Daily GK Update : 22 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi to chair 32nd interaction through PRAGATI
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the 32nd interaction through PRAGATI– the ICT-based, multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation in New Delhi on 22nd January.
- In the previous thirty-one interactions of PRAGATI, projects worth over twelve lakh crores have been reviewed by the Prime Minister. In the last PRAGATI meeting, nine projects worth over 61 thousand crore rupees related to 16 states and the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir were taken up for discussion.
- About PRAGATI: PRAGATI is an integrating and interactive platform aimed at addressing the common man’s grievances. PRAGATI also helps in simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of the Centre as well as projects flagged by various State governments.
♦India falls to 51st position in EIU’s Democracy Index
- India slipped 10 places to 51st position in the 2019 Democracy Index’s global ranking, according to The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- India’s overall score fell from 7.23 in 2018 to 6.90 in the Index that provides a snapshot of the current state of democracy worldwide for 165 independent states and two territories.
- The index is based on five categories — electoral process and pluralism; the functioning of government; political participation; political culture; and civil liberties.
- North Korea was at the bottom of the global ranking at 167th place.
- Norway, followed by Iceland and Sweden
Note: India’s Rank in Ranking Index
- Global peace index-141st
- World Press Freedom Index 2019-140th
- Global competitiveness index-68th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Hunger Index-102nd
- World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business 2020-63rd
- Gender Equality Index 2019-95th
♦UP Govt launches Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana
- Uttar Pradesh Government has launched Mukhyamantri Krishak Durghatna Kalyan Yojana which will provide financial assistance to family of farmers who die or become handicapped while working in fields.
- About Scheme: The scheme will cover farmers and their family members in the age group of 18-70 years and will be implemented from 14th September last year. Talking about another ambitious scheme of government, Mr Sharma said that under Mukhyamantri Paryatan Samvardhan Yojana one tourist point will be developed with a fund of 50 lakh rupees in each and every assembly segment of the state.
Note: List of scheme
- Vijayamritham’ and ‘Sahachari’- (Kerala)
- Nethanna Nestham’-(Andhra Pradesh)
- Nadu-Nedu Programme-(Andhra Pradesh)
International (Current Affairs)
♦UAE has been declared ‘reciprocating territory’ by India
- Ministry of Law and Justice issued an Extraordinary Gazette Notification, declaring the United Arab Emirates to be a “reciprocating territory” under Section 44A of the Civil Procedure Code, 1908. The notification also declared a list of courts in the UAE to be “superior Courts” under the same section.
- What is a ‘reciprocating territory’?-Essentially, orders passed by certain designated courts from a ‘reciprocating territory’ can be implemented in India, by filing a copy of the decree concerned in a District Court here.
- The courts so designated are called ‘superior Courts’.
Note: About UAE
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Banking and Financial
♦ICICI Bank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Facility Through ATMs, Per Day Limit at Rs 20K
- ICICI Bank on 21st January launched cardless cash withdrawal facility from its ATMs with a per day transaction limit of Rs 20,000.
- This service enables customers to withdraw cash from over 15,000 ATMs of the bank by simply raising a request on iMobile, its mobile banking application.
- About ICICI- The bank’s consolidated total assets stood at Rs 12,88,190 crore at September 30, 2019. It is present across 15 countries.
♦NICL board approves its merger proposal with Oriental Insurance Company & United India Insurance Company Ltd.
- State-owned non-life insurer National Insurance Company Ltd has approved its merger with Oriental Insurance Company Ltd and United India Insurance Company Ltd.
- The boards of Oriental Insurance Company and United India Insurance Company have already given their nod to the merger.
- The General Insurers’ Public Sector Association (India) is also likely to approve the amalgamation.
♦India Ratings pegs FY21 GDP at 5.5%
- Ratings agency India Ratings and Research has pegged India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for 2020-21 at 5.5%, above the 5% growth that India’s statistics office expects for 2019-20.
- The slowdown, in the agency’s view, is a combination of several factors. These are an abrupt and significant fall in lending by non-banking financial companies close on the heels of a slowdown in bank lending, reduced income growth of households coupled with a fall in savings and higher leverage.
Note: About India’s forecasting FY 2020
- RBI forecasted-5%
- Moody –4.9%
- ADB- 5.1%
- World Bank –5%
♦Hyderabad Metro Rail, redBus tie up for carpool services in city
- In an effort to strengthen its last mile connectivity project, Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited launched a car and bike pooling service in collaboration with redBus.
- “Car pooling/bike pooling is an ideal solution to reduce congestion by sharing vehicles. It allows office-goers to avail and offer rides in their personal cars/bikes while commuting between home and their workplace.
- This concept would help the creation of sustainable and eco-friendly solutions for the burgeoning traffic problems in the city.
♦President Kovind confers Rashtriya Bal Puraskar
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar, 2020 at Rashtrapati Bhavan on 22nd January.
- The Bal Puraskar is given by government every year to recognize exceptional achievements of children in various fields.
- These fields are innovation, scholastic achievements, social service, arts and culture, sports and bravery. Twenty-two children who were selected for National Bravery Awards also received the awards from the President.
♦Champion of Change Award’ conferred on Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on 21st January was conferred with the “Champion of Change Award-2019” for his work in the Barhait and Dumka assembly constituencies in the state.
- Former president Pranab Mukherjee gave the award to Soren at a function in New Delhi.
♦Gaganyaan mission: Meet Vyommitra, the talking human robot that Isro will send to space
- Before orbiting astronauts on India’s first manned mission to space in December 2021, the Indian Space Research Organisation will send ‘Vyommitra’, a ‘lady robot’ in the unmanned Gaganyaan spacecraft.
- The robot was the centre of attraction at the inaugural session of the “Human Spaceflight and Exploration – Present Challenges and Future Trends” here on Wednesday.
- Vyommitra, a combination of two Sanskrit words Vyoma (Space) and Mitra (Friend), took everyone by surprise when she introduced herself to the audience gathered there.
Note: About ISRO
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Budget: ₹10,252 crore (US$1.4 billion); (FY 2019–20)
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
♦Apurvi Chandela, Divyansh Panwar win gold medals in 10 m air rifle events
- Olympic quota winners Apurvi Chandela and Divyansh Singh Panwar started the year with a bang by bagging gold medals in the women and men’s 10m air rifle events respectively at the Meyton Cup in Innsbruck, Austria.
- World No. 3 Apurvi had also won the gold and a bronze in the previous edition of the competition in 2019.
- In the men’s 10m air rifle, World No. 2 Divyansh Singh Panwar shot 249.7 to claim the gold with a margin of 0.7 point.
- The silver was won by Dane Sampson of Australia while qualification topper Deepak Kumar (629.4) took the bronze.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here