Daily GK Update, 22 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Tripura to start ‘ Play little, Study little’ scheme for school students from June 25
- With uncertainty prevailing over reopening of schools due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Tripura government has decided to start a scheme called ‘Ektu Khelo, Ektu Padho’ which means ‘Play little, Study little’, from June 25.
- Aim: As per the scheme, the students would be getting audio and video contents on learning activities , projects alongwith fun and gaming activities via SMS or WhatsApp services.
Note: About Tripura
- CM: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Capital: Agartala
- Governor: Ramesh Bais
♦Job Gaurantee Scheme for Urban Poor to be launched by Jharkhand Government
- Jharkhand is set to become the first state to launch an employment guarantee scheme for urban poor on the lines of the Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act.
- About Scheme: The scheme called Mukhyamantri Shramik Yojna will guarantee 100 days of work in a financial year for urban unskilled labourers. The new scheme would have a provision to pay an unemployment allowance if the state fails to provide 100 days of work.
- Capital: Ranchi
- Chief minister: Hemant Soren
- Governor: Droupadi Murmu
♦Infosys joins Amazon’s The Climate Pledge to be net zero carbon
- Bengaluru-based IT major Infosys Ltd has joined The Climate Pledge, an initiative co-founded by e-commerce firm Amazon and environment firm Global Optimism, to make a commitment to meet the Paris Agreement 10 years early.
- The Climate Pledge calls on new signatories to be net zero carbon across their businesses by 2040, a decade ahead of the Paris Accord’s goal of 2050. Amazon plans to announce many more signatories throughout 2020.
♦Raja Parba festival celebrated in Odisha
- Raja Parba festival celebrated in Odisha. It is a 3-days unique festival in which the onset of monsoon and the earth’s womanhood is celebrated by the state. It is believed that during this time the Mother Earth or Bhudevi undergoes menstruation. The fourth day is the day of the ‘purification bath’.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
International (Current Affairs)
♦Nepalese FM radio stations start giving weather bulletins of Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura
- After Nepal’s parliament endorsed the political map that shows the disputed areas of Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura as part of its territory earlier this month, some Nepalese FM radio stations close to India-Nepal border in Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh have started giving weather bulletins of these three areas.
- These FM radio stations are located in Darchula district of Nepal and can be heard in the bordering areas of Dharchula, Baluakot, Jauljibi and Kalika towns on the Indian side in Pithoragarh, according to locals.
Note: About Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Prime minister: KP Sharma Oli
♦FATF: India officials attend virtual EAG plenary meet
- Indian officials, including representatives from enforcement agencies, on 20th June attended the virtual 32nd special Eurasian Group on Combating Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (EAG) plenary meeting, under the aegis of the Financial Action Task Force.
- The EAG is a regional body comprising nine countries: India, Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Belarus. It is an associate member of the FATF. The FATF’s virtual plenary meet will be held on June 24, which will also be attended by the officials concerned through video-conferencing.
- Pakistan, which continues to remain on the “grey list” of FATF, had earlier been given the deadline till the June plenary to ensure compliance with the 27-point action plan against terror funding networks and money laundering syndicates, or face “black listing”.
Banking and Financial
♦RIL 57th most valuable firm globally by market-cap; Saudi Aramco tops chart
- Reliance Industries (RIL) became the first Indian company to be valued at $150 billion.
- The oil-to-telecom conglomerate now stands at 57th position in the overall market capitalisation (market-cap) ranking of listed companies globally. It ranked at 104th position as on March 24, 2020, and at the 70th position at the beginning of the current calendar year 2020, Bloomberg data show.
- RIL, the only Indian company, is currently featuring in the top 100 list of most valued global companies. Saudi Aramco – leads the biggest companies globally with a market-cap of $ 1,764.50 billion as on June 16, 2020.
|1||SAUDI ARAMCO ($ 1,764.50 billion)|
|2||APPLE INC ($ 1515.8 billion)|
|57||Reliance Industries ($150 billion)|
|104||Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)|
♦India becomes 12th largest holder of US govt securities at April end
- India has become the 12th largest holder of US government securities at the end of April, with holding worth 157.4 billion dollars.
- The data from the US Treasury Department showed that after significantly reducing the exposure in March to 156.5 billion dollars, India marginally hiked the holding by 0.9 billion dollars to 157.4 billion dollars the next month.
- While the holding touched a record high of 177.5 billion dollars in February, the same was drastically reduced in March.
- The exposure stood at 164.3 billion dollars in January. At the end of April, Japan remained the country with the maximum exposure at 1.27 trillion dollars, followed by China at 1.1 trillion dollars and the UK at 368.5 billion dollars.
♦Hyundai Motor India partners with HDFC Bank to offer online car loans on Click to Buy
- Hyundai Motor India has announced a partnership with HDFC Bank to offer online auto retail financing solutions to the customers on its Click to Buy digital car buying A customer can purchase any Hyundai vehicle, including 2020 Creta, 2020 Verna, Venue, Elite i20, Grand i10 Nios and Santro, through the Click to Buy platform.
- Under the partnership, the customers will be offered customised car financing solutions from HDFC Bank on the Click to Buy online car buying platform. The customers can now get loans without physically visiting any branch of HDFC Bank.
♦Exim Bank extends USD 20.1 mn credit line to Nicaragua govt
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on 20th June said it has extended a line of credit (LOC) of USD 20.10 million to the government of Nicaragua for reconstruction of Aldo Chavarria Hospital.
- With signing of this agreement, Exim Bank, so far, has extended four LOCs to Nicaragua, on behalf of the Indian government, taking the total value to USD 87.63 million.
- Projects covered under the LOCs include supply of equipment for building two substations, construction of transmission lines, building new substation, expansion of the existing substations and reconstruction of a hospital.
- Post the signing of this LOC agreement, Exim Bank has now in place 261 LOCs, covering 62 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the CIS, with credit commitments of around USD 25.70 billion, available for financing exports from India.
- Capital: Managua
- Currency: Nicaraguan córdoba
♦Former cricketer Rajinder Goel passes away
- Former left-arm spin legend Rajinder Goel, whose record Ranji Trophy wicket haul of 637 scalps still stands, passed away in Rohtak due to age-related illness on 21st June. He was 77.
♦Padma Shri awardee Vidyaben passes away
- Social worker and National Award winner Vidyaben Shah passed away on 20th June at her residence in the national capital. She was 98.
- Vidyaben was the first non-official to head the New Delhi Municipal Council in the 1970s and was also the president of the Indian Council for Child Welfare (ICCW) between 1976 to 1979 and then from 1985 to 1994.
- She established the first Bal Bhavan in Rajkot in the 1940s and as a university student, she participated in the Quit India Movement. She was awarded the Padma Shri in 1992 and received the National Award for outstanding services in the field of child welfare in 1986.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here