Daily GK Update 22 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Cabinet approves Rs 5,282-cr investment for 850 MW Ratle project on Chenab river
- The Union Cabinet has approved 850 megawatts (MW) Ratle hydropower project worth an Rs. 5281.94 crore on Chenab river in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The project will be developed by a new joint venture company between state-run National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) Ltd and Jammu & Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Ltd (JKSPDC), where NHPC will have a 51% stake in the JV firm, while the balance will be held by JKSPDC.
♦Karnataka CM Yediyurappa launches Avalokana software
- The Karnataka Chief Minister, BS Yediyurappa recently launched Avalokana software. The software will enable the state government to access data on expenditures and sanctions incurred on 1,800 programmes.
- The software provides a focused eye view on Sustainable Development goals, Scheduled Caste Sub-Plan, Tribal Sub-plan and Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
Note: About Karnataka
- Chief Minister: B.S. Yediyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala.
- Banking & Financial
♦RBI slaps penalty of Rs 2 crore on Standard Chartered Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 2 crore on Standard Chartered Bank–India for delays in reporting of frauds.
- The penalty has been imposed on the bank for non-compliance with certain directions issued by it contained in the ‘Reserve Bank of India” Directions 2016’.
Note: Standard Chartered Bank
- CEO: Bill Winters.
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom.
- Founded: 1969.
♦Axis Bank launches credit card loaded with health, wellness benefits
- Axis Bank, India’s third-largest private sector bank, announced the launch of ‘AURA’, a credit exclusively loaded with several health and wellness benefits for its users.
- Aims: Health-conscious individuals, these features will be powered by Poshvine and other specialists such as Decathlon, Practo, Fitternity, IndushealthPlus, 1MG etc., to offer a complete and unique health & wellness solution.
Note: About Axis Bank
- Established: 1994.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi Managing.
- MD and CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry.
♦Federal Bank’s Shyam Srinivasan is Business Standard Banker of the Year 2019-20
- Shyam Srinivasan, managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of Federal Bank, is the Business Standard Banker of the Year for 2019-20 for his bank’s consistent healthy performance at a time when most of its peers witnessed large stress on asset quality, registered losses, or even invited regulatory actions.
- The unanimous decision was taken by a high-profile jury of five, chaired by former Reserve Bank of India deputy governor S S Mundra.
♦Esteemed Philanthropist Ravi Gaikwad wins Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award
- Ravi Gaikwad is a multifaceted personality known for paving his way through all walks of life.He got awarded The “Nelson Mandela” World Humanitarian Award, for his absolute spirit and professionalism.
- This coveted award was given to him for his dedication to the service of humanity. He is without any doubt deserving of this recognition wholeheartedly.
♦Indian Army conduct “Exercise Kavach” To be held under Andaman and Nicobar Command
- The largest scale joint military exercise Kavach involving Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force is to be held in January 2021 under the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- During the exercise, the joint forces will execute high density offensive and defence measures in the Andaman sea and Bay of Bengal. Also, they will carry out amphibious landing operations, helicopter borne insertion of special forces from sea culminating in tactical follow-on operations on land.
List of military domestic exercises
- Gandiv Vijay
- Paschim Lehar
- Vayu Shakti
- Vijay Prahar
- Megh Prahar
- ‘Chang Thang’
- “Him Vijay”
- Sudarshan Chakra Vahini exercise
- ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’
♦HAL successfully test fires Smart Anti Airfield Weapon from Hawk-i aircraft
- HAL on 21st Jan successfully test fired a Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW) from the Hawk-i aircraft off the coast of Odisha. The indigenous stand-off weapon developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), DRDO is the first smart weapon fired from an Indian Hawk-Mk132.
- “HAL has been focusing on the Atmanirbhar Bharat campaign. The company owned Hawk-i platform is being extensively used for certification of systems and weapons developed indigenously by DRDO and CSIR labs.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|