Daily GK Update 22nd Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Tamil Nadu Government implements Smart Black Board Scheme
- The Tamil Nadu (TN) State government have implemented the smart blackboard scheme in more than 80,000 Government schools to provide a better teaching environment.
- Aims: The scheme is aimed at using the audio visual teaching material in the schools. It can also be integrated with digital classrooms and smart classroom schemes. The smart boards will create materials that can be fed into computer screens using pen drives.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
♦Uttar Pradesh emerges as top destination in 2019 for attracting domestic tourists
- Uttar Pradesh has emerged as the top destination for attracting the highest number of domestic tourists visiting the state in 2019 as per the Indian Tourism Statistics (ITS), 2020, released by the Ministry of Tourism.
- About 53.6 crore domestic tourists visited Uttar Pradesh in 2019, which is 23.1% of the total travellers. Tamil Nadu (21.3%) came second followed by Andhra Pradesh (10.2%).
For attracting foreign travellers 2019:
- Top: Tamil Nadu (68 lakhs foreigners visiting)
- Second Position: Maharashtra (over 55 lakh)
- Third Position: Uttar Pradesh (over 47 lakhs)
- Bottom: Goa (9 lacs)
International (Current Affairs)
♦India International Science Festival to be held from Dec 22-25 on virtual platform headed by Harsh Vardhan
- The sixth edition of the India International Science Festival (IISF), 2020, will be held virtually from December 22-25.
- Addressing the participants, Vardhan said, “IISF 2020 will be organised through a virtual platform even at a much up-scaled level than the earlier ones, this being the new normal.”
- Aims: Promoting passion for science among young people and students by bringing science outside the laboratories, IISF 2020 must also reflect on the role of Indian scientists and science and Technology innovations for not just an ”Aatmanirbhar Bharat”, but also for global welfare.
♦Air pollution: India has the highest annual average exposure 2019: SoGA 2020
- A new global study, State of Global Air 2020 (SoGA 2020)- puts India at the top of the tally on some worrying air pollution parameters.
- India leads the list of countries with the highest annual average exposures to PM 2.5- fine particulate matter hazardous to health- and the third highest average ozone exposures in the world, with a 17% increase in the last decade.
- India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal feature among the top ten countries with the highest PM2.5 exposures in 2019; all of these countries experienced increases in outdoor PM2.5 levels between 2010 and 2019.
- About SOGA 2020: The State of Global Air 2020 annual report has been brought out by the US based Health Effects Institute in cooperation with the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, and the University of British Columbia.
♦India participates in 18th meeting of Prosecutors General of SCO
- The 18th meeting of Prosecutors General of SCO was held on 20 October 2020, via video conference. India was represented by the Solicitor General Tushar Mehta.
- During the meeting, all the prosecutors agreed to strengthen cooperation in preventing and combating corruption, mutual legal assistance and exchange of regulatory legal acts. India will host the SCO Prosecutors General Meeting in 2021.
- About SCO: SCO is an important regional grouping which gives India an opportunity to engage its extended neighbourhood especially central Asian countries.
♦Parle agro ropes in Priyanka Chopra Jonas as brand ambassador
- Parle Agro has roped in Priyanka Chopra Jonas as the national brand ambassador to maximise reach and awareness of its fruits plus fizz portfolio ‘B-Fizz’.
- The campaign will be aggressively promoted across IPL on Hotstar and YouTube. B-Fizz is a unique and refreshing apple juice-based malt flavoured carbonated drink that is set to revolutionize the taste experience of consumers across age groups.
Note: List of latest brand ambassador appointed
- Paytm First Games (PFG): Sachin Tendulkar
- Great Learning: Virat Kohli
- Acer India: Sonu Sood
- Ceat Tyres: Aamir Khan
- Myntra for beauty segment: Disha Patani, kiara advani
♦EU awards human rights prize to Belarus opposition
- The European Union has awarded its top human rights prize to the Belarus opposition movement and its leader, Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, for their challenge to President Alexander Lukashenko’s long, hard-line reign.
- “It is an honour to announce that the women and men of the democratic opposition in Belarus are the 2020 Sakharov Prize laureates.
- About Belarus opposition movement: The Belarusian democracy movement is an umbrella term used to describe opposition groups and individuals in Belarus seeking to challenge the Belarusian government under President Alexander Lukashenko.
♦DRDO successfully conducts final trial of Nag anti-tank guided missile in Pokhran range
- India successfully carried out the final trial of the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)-developed Nag anti-tank guided missile with a warhead.
- The test was carried out on 22nd October at the Pokhran field firing ranges in Rajasthan. The trial of Nag anti-tank guided missile comes after the DRDO tested the helicopter launched Stand-off Anti-Tank Missile (SANT) with a range beyond 10 km from Balasore testing range in Odisha on 19th October.
- The Nag anti-tank missile is ready for induction in the Indian Army.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|