Daily GK Update 22nd September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦SBI starts women self-reliance programme in Assam
- SBI started a programme by the name “Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani” (Women Self-Reliance programme) support Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhijan launched by Prime Minister of India to the ground level.
- SBI stated that women SHGs are very active and credit worthy in rural areas of Assam as it relies on social collateral rather than on financial collateral.
- It also empowers the women by encouraging them to create their micro enterprises for self-reliance and to maintain a sustainable economic condition.
Note: About SBI
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 July 1955
♦PM launched Ghar tak fibre Scheme in Bihar
- PM Narendra Modi has launched 9 highway projects and Ghar tak Fiber scheme in Bihar on 21 September 2020. Under the Ghar tak fibre Scheme, optical fibre services will be provided to every households.
- 9 highway projects: Bihar Highway projects will construct 350 kilometer of road. The roads will be built at a cost of Rs 14,250 crores (Rs 142.5 Billions).
- Ghar tak fibre Scheme: The Optical Fibre Services project is to be implemented GoI’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the Ghar Tak Fibre Scheme (GTFD). It will connect 45,945 villages inter-state. The GTFS project thus enable the Digital revolution to reach even to the remote areas of Bihar state.
♦Airbus to launch World’s first Commercial Hydrogen aircraft by 2035
- Aviation company airbus launched three concepts for the first zero emission commercial aircraft on 22nd September. Their aircraftcraft is to enter into service by 2035.
- The three concepts of the company has been introduced under the code name ZEROe.
- i)Turbofan design. It can accommodate 120 to 200 passengers and can fly at a range of 2000 plus nautical miles.
- ii)Blended wing body design. This type can accommodate up to 200 passengers. Here the wings merge with the main body of the aircraft.
- iii) Turboprop design. This type of aircraft can accommodate up 200 passengers. It is capable of travelling at a speed of 1000 + nautical miles. They are perfect for short haul trips.
International (Current affairs)
♦India launches first ever cargo ferry with Maldives to boost trade
- The first ever Cargo Ferry Service between India and the Maldives was jointly launched on 21st September opening a new chapter in connectivity initiatives in the Indian Ocean Region.
- The Cargo Ferry Vessel MCP Linz operated by the Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) will connect Tuticorin and Cochin ports in India with Kulhudhuhfushi and Male ports in the Maldives.
- This vessel provides direct cargo connectivity between India and the Maldives on a predictable and affordable basis for the first time, and will lower costs and times for traders in both countries.
♦India extends $250 million support to Maldives to overcome economic impact of Covid-19
- India has provided financial assistance of USD 250 million to the Maldives to help it mitigate the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Indian embassy here said on 20 September.
- The grant, provided under the most favourable terms possible, was in response to the request made by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to overcome the difficult economic situation in the Maldives.
- India has provided a sovereign guarantee to SBI for this financial assistance. The soft loan of $ 250 million has a comfortable tenor of 10 years and a very low interest rate.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Banking & Financial
♦SBI Life Insurance inks pact with Yes Bank to sell insurance policies
- SBI Life Insurance on 21st September announced it has signed bancassurance agreement with Yes Bank to offer a comprehensive bouquet of life insurance solutions to the bank’s customers across the country.
- As part of the partnership, SBI Life’s diverse range of individual and group insurance solutions will be offered to the customers of Yes Bank through the bank’s branches spread across 28 states and 8 Union Territories in India.
- “This partnership is a great opportunity for us to deepen our customer connects, empowering them to stay in control while fulfilling their evolving insurance needs.
♦PM Narendra Modi awarded “Ig Nobel Prize 2020” for medical education
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded the Ig Nobel Prize 2020 for Medical Education. Modi was awarded the prize for “using the COVID-19 pandemic to teach the world that politicians can have a more immediate effect on life and death than scientists and doctors can”.
- Besides Modi, the medical education prize was jointly awarded to Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil, Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom, Andrés Manuel López Obrador of Mexico, Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus, Donald Trump of the USA, Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, Vladimir Putin of Russia, and Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow of Turkmenistan.
- About Ig Nobel Prize: Not to be confused with the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize, the Ig Nobel Prize is a satirical and parody award given out by a magazine Improbable Research every year since 1991.
- Aim: The award plays on word ‘ignoble’, an antonym of noble. It aims to “honour achievements that first make people laugh, and then make them think”.
- Modi became the second Indian Prime Minister to be awarded the Ig Nobel Prize. In 1998, then-PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif of Pakistan were awarded the Ig Nobel Peace Prize for “aggressively peaceful explosions of atomic bombs.”
♦Italian Open 2020
- Novak Djokovic has defeated Argentine Diego Schwartzman, 7-6, 5-3, to win 2020 Men’s Single Italian Open title and his fifth overall Rome title.
- In Women’s single, Simona Halep defeated champion Karolina Pliskova, 6-0, 2-1, to win her first Italian Open title.
|Category||Name of the Sportsperson|
|Men’s Single||Novak Djokovic|
|Women’s Single||Simona Halep|
|Men’s Double||Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos|
|Women’s Double||Hsieh Su-wei and Barbora Strýcová|
♦22nd September: World Rhino Day 2020
- Every year on September 22, the world celebrates World Rhinoceros Day. The day intends to celebrate rhinos across the world in unique ways. The World Rhinoceros Day was announced by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in 2010.
- The day which is focused on celebrating rhinoceros across Africa and Asia was first celebrated by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
♦Actor Ashalata Wabgaonkar passes away
- Veteran actor Ashalata Wabgaonkar has passed away. Ashalata Wabgaonkar acted in over 100 Marathi movies, and several Marathi and Konkani plays. She made her Bollywood debut with the Basu Chatterjee directorial Apne Paraye, which won her a Filmfare Award.
- She was also seen in Hindi films like Woh Saat Din, Namak Halaal, Shaukeen, Ahista Ahista, Ankush, Coolie, Sadma and Ghayal.
♦Nepal’s Legendary Mountaineer Ang Rita Sherpa passes away
- Nepal-based Ang Rita Sherpa, the first man to climb Mount Everest 10 times, passed away. He made all the ascents to the world’s tallest mountain between 1983 and 1996 and that too without bottled oxygen.
- He was therefore also known as the “snow leopard” for his climbing skills.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here