Daily GK Update: 23 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Karnataka govt launches “Apthamitra” helpline and app to fight COVID-19
- Karnataka government on 22nd April launched “Apthamitra” helpline with an exclusive toll free number and a mobile app.
- Aims: Providing required medical advice and guidance for those in need.
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App”: Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch App”: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App”: Govt. of India
- COVA Punjab App: Punjab
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
Banking and Financial
♦Fitch Ratings sees India growth dipping to 0.8% in FY21 from estimated 4.9%
- Fitch Ratings on 23rd April slashed India’s economic growth projections to 0.8 per cent in the current 2020-21 fiscal saying an unparalleled global recession was underway due to disruptions caused by the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic and resultant lockdowns.
- In its Global Economic Outlook, Fitch Ratings said India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth will slip to 0.8 per cent for the year April 2020 to March 2021 (FY21) as compared to an estimated 4.9 per cent growth in the previous fiscal.
- Growth is, however, expected to rebound to 6.7 per cent in 2021-22.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- Goldman Sachs-1.6%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 4.8%
♦India’s GDP likely to grow between -0.9% and 1.5% in FY21: CII
- India’s gross domestic product may be in for an unprecedented contraction in FY21 as the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and the resultant lockdown continues to batter most of the domestic industry, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has said.
- In a report that suggests ways to pick up the pieces of India’s manufacturing engine once the current crisis ends, CII on 23rd April said GDP growth will remain between -0.9 per cent and 1.5 per cent in 2020-21.
♦Bajaj Auto ED Rakesh Sharma appointed as IMMA President
- The Geneva-based International Motorcycle Manufacturers Association (IMMA), which represents the manufacturing industry of powered two-wheelers at the global level, has elected Rakesh Sharma, Executive Director, Bajaj Auto as its President for a two-year mandate.
- Sharma was elected from its member organisation, the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, the company said in a statement on 22nd April.
- Sharma had previously been the Vice-President in IMMA, after being elected in May 2019.
♦BWF names PV Sindhu as an ambassador for ‘I am badminton’ campaign
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF) on 22nd April named Indian shuttler PV Sindhu as one of the ambassadors for its ‘I am badminton’ awareness campaign.
- The campaign provides a platform for which players are able to express their love and respect for badminton by advocating and committing to clean and honest play.
Note: List of brand ambassador
Anti-doping brand ambassador– Suniel Shetty
PUMA brand ambassador– Sunil Chhetri
Pepsi’s new brand ambassador– Salman Khan
Ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’-Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu (by Prime Minister Narendra Modi)
Mastercard -M. S Dhoni
♦23rd April: World Book and Copyright Day
- World Book Day is celebrated by UNESCO every year on April 23. The date was selected by UNESCO to pay tribute to great literary figures like William Shakespeare, Miguel Cervantes, and Vladimir Nabokov and may more.
- The date, April 23,was finalized in the year 1995 in the UNESCO General Conference, held in Paris, to honor authors and book worldwide.
- This year Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is chosen to be the World Book Capital for 2020. There are four themes for World Book Day 2020…
(1) Reading in all its forms
(2) Development of the book industry infrastructure
(3) Inclusiveness and digital accessibility
(4) Empowerment of children through reading
Note: List of Important Day (April)
- 4 April- International Day of Mine awareness
- 5th April- National Maritime Day
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 10 April – World Homoeopathy Day (WHD)
- 11 April – National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD)
♦23rd April: English Language Day
- The day coincides with both birthday and death day of William Shakespeare and World Book Day. The English language is one of the most popular languages used across the world. The day prospects the development, history, culture and achievements associated with the language.
Note: List of Language Day
- Arabic Language Day: 18 December
- Hindi Divas: 14 September
- Chinese Language Day: 20 April
- English Language Day: 23 April
- French Language Day: 20 March
- Russian Language Day: 6 June
- Spanish Language Day: 23 April
♦23rd April: International Girls in ICT day
- International Girls in ICT Day is an ITU initiative and global movement to encourage and empower girls and young women to consider studies and careers in ICTs. In 2020, International Girls in ICT Day will be celebrated on 23 April.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here