Daily GK Update : 23 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦IndianOil signs MoU with Ghana’s National Petroleum Authority
- IndianOil has signed an MoU with Ghana’s National Petroleum Authority (NPA) to offer assistance and technical expertise to the country in implementing its National LPG Promotion Policy.
- Purpose: This MoU is to strengthen cooperation between the two parties in the field of petroleum, in particular LPG, in which IOC would support the NPA in the successful implementation of the Cylinder Recirculation Model (CRM) of LPG.
Note: About Ghana
- Capital: Accra
- Currency: Ghanaian cedi
International (Current Affairs)
♦Katerina Sakellaropoulou: Greece’s 1st woman president
- Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis nominated Katerina Sakellaropoulou as the country’s new president.
- Sakellaropoulou was elected on 22nd January in a rare political consensus that made her the first woman president in Greece’s history.
- She won the support of 261 lawmakers in the 300-seat parliament.
Note: About Greece
- Capital: Athens
- Currency: Euro
- Prime Minister: Kyriakos Mitsotakis
♦India slips two places 80th rank on global corruption perception index 2019
- India’s ranking in the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI-2019) has slipped from 78 to 80 compared to the previous year, said Transparency International on 23rd Janaury, while questioning the “unfair and opaque political financeng” in the country. Its score of 41 out of 100 remains the same.
|1st||New Zealand and Denmark|
Note: India’s Rank in Ranking Index
- Global peace index-141st
- World Press Freedom Index 2019-140th
- Global competitiveness index-68th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Hunger Index-102nd
- World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business 2020-63rd
- Gender Equality Index 2019-95th
♦Global Talent Competitiveness Index: India advances 8 places to 72nd spot
- India has moved up eight places to the 72nd position in the 2020 Global Talent Competitiveness Index that ranks nations on the ability to grow, attract and retain talent.
- Switzerland topped the list of 132 nations, followed by the US and Singapore.
- Sweden (4th), Denmark (5th), the Netherlands (6th), Finland (7th), Luxembourg (8th), Norway (9th) and Australia (10th) complete the top 10 league table.
♦Gujarat tops SKOCH State of Governance 2019
- The state has continued its growth story with impressive reforms and governance initiatives to emerge at the top of SKOCH governance rankings for this year. From technology-led welfare delivery to strengthening its skill development framework, the state is leaving no stone unturned to chart a course for development.
- Gujarat, which was ranked 5th in 2018 replaces 2018 leader West Bengal.
♦Jharia most polluted place in India in 2018, Greenpeace report
- Jharia, known worldwide for its underground coal fires, continued to be the most polluted city in the country in 2018, while neighbouring, Dhanbad, came in second according to Airpocalypse-IV, an annual report released by Greenpeace India on 22nd
- Lunglei in Mizoram was the least polluted city in India, followed by Meghalaya’s Dowki, according to the report. Six of the top-10 polluted cities are in Uttar Pradesh: Noida, Ghaziabad, Bareilly, Allahabad, Moradabad and Firozabad.
Banking and Financial
♦Exim Bank extends USD 35.80 mn line of credit to Suriname for rural electrification
- The Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on 22nd Janaury it has extended USD 35.80 million (about Rs 250 crore) line of credit to Suriname government to fund the country’s rural electrification programme.
- The line of credit (LOC) is meant for financing rural electrification through solar DG hybrid PV systems in 50 remote villages of Suriname.
- With the latest round of funding, the Indian government has till date extended nine LOCs to Suriname, totalling USD 124.98 million (about Rs 890 crore).
- The projects covered under LOCs extended to Suriname include power, water supply, purchase of helicopters and upgradation of milk processing plant.
Note: About Suriname
- Capital: Paramaribo
- Currency: Surinamese dollar
♦Bajaj Finserv Partners With Apollo Hospitals To Launch Health EMI Cards
- Bajaj Finserv Exclusive partnership with Apollo Hospitals Group where the health EMI card, like a wallet, will be available for both our existing two crore clients and new clients; i.e., patients in Apollo Hospitals Group.
- Benefit: Bajaj Finserv has launched digitized health EMI cards covering an entire family with a credit limit ranging between Rs 40,000 and Rs 4 lakh. The 0% EMI cards, which will be accepted across all centres of Apollo Hospitals in the country, has a personal accident insurance cover of Rs 1 lakh.
♦SoftBank appoints Manoj Kohli as India head
- SoftBank Group is beefing up its team in India. After roping in Google India’s Vikas Agnihotri as an operating partner in India, SoftBank has appointed Manoj Kohli as country head.
- Kohli, who has experience of over 40 years, would be responsible for government relations and public policy efforts.
♦Priya Prakash wins the 2019 Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award
- Priya Prakash, the founder and CEO of India based HealthSetGo, has won the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award for 2019 for her school health programme that aims at providing 360 degree healthcare support to children.
- The prestigious award honours an individual aged 18 – 30 who is bringing about a positive change in the world by solving some of its biggest global challenges. The award includes a US $250,000 prize paid to the individual’s organisation to which the individual contributes, to further their mission of accelerating global problem solving.
♦France to train Indian flight surgeons for Gaganyaan mission
- France will train Indian flight surgeons to enable them to monitor the health of astronauts selected for the ambitious human space mission Gaganyaan.
♦World Archery lifts suspension on India
- The World Archery on 23rd January conditionally lifted the suspension on India, less than a week after the embattled national federation held its elections.
- “The federation needs to comply with good governance and activity portions of World Archery constitution and rules. Must report every three months,” said a statement from the World Archery.
- Union minister Arjun Munda was on 20th January elected president of the Archery Association of India (AAI) after the much-delayed elections were held in presence of three observers, including one from the World Archery.
♦Khelo india youth games 2020 held in Guwahati, Assam
- The 3rd Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) 2020 was held at Karmabir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium in Guwahati, Assam.
|Rank||State||Gold Medal||Silver Medal||Bronze Medal||Medal Tally|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here