Daily GK Update, 23 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Nita Ambani only Indian among top global philanthropists of 2020
- Reliance Foundation chairperson Nita Ambani became the only Indian to feature in Town & Country magazine’s top global philanthropists of 2020 list.
- While RIL’s Mukesh Ambani, with a net worth of $64.5 billion, recently became the only Asian tycoon among the world’s top 10 richest people, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, wife Nita was recognised by T&C among the top philanthropists “who are saving lives and our sense of hope” during the pandemic.
- Ambani features alongside prominent global individuals including as Tim Cook, Oprah Winfrey, Laurene Powell Jobs, the Lauder Family, Donatella Versace, Michael Bloomberg and Leonardo Di Caprio among others.
- Reason: The magazine highlighted Ambani for leading Reliance Foundation’s efforts in feeding frontline workers and the underprivileged, a contribution of $72 million to an emergency fund for relief work, and for setting up India’s first Covid-19 hospital.
♦Rs 3,100 crore from PM CARES allocated to buy ventilators, help migrants and develop a vaccine
- Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said the Trust has decided to allocate Rs 3,100 core for the fight against Covid-19.
- Out of the Rs 3100 crore, a sum of approximately Rs 2,000 crore will be earmarked for the purchase of ventilators, Rs 1,000 crores will be used for care of migrant labourers and Rs 100 crores will be given to support vaccine development.
- The government said 50,000 ‘Made-in-India’ ventilators will be purchased from the PM CARES Fund which will be provided to government run COVID hospitals in all States/UTs for better treatment of the critical COVID-19 cases.
♦The 36th ASEAN Summit, being hosted by Vietnam
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has indicated that the 36th ASEAN Summit will be the first ever to take place via teleconference, with Vietnam to host the remote gathering, set to focus on handling regional public health issues and funding to cope with COVID-19.
- The Director-General of the Department of Information, and spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Cherdkiat Atthakor, accompanied by the Deputy Director-General of the ASEAN Affairs Department, Usana Peeranon, announced that the 36th ASEAN Summit, being hosted by Vietnam from June 22 to 26, 2020, will take place via teleconference in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Note: About ASEAN
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Founded: 8 August 1967
Banking and Financial
♦Yes Bank partners Affordplan to launch co-branded cashless healthcare card called ‘Swasth Card’
- Yes Bank Limited, an Indian public bank, has joined hands with Delhi-based fintech startup Affordplan, to launch a first of its kind co-branded healthcare card called ‘Swasth Card’ under Swasth program with the aim to enable families plan and manage their finances for their healthcare needs.
- The co-branded card will have flexible recharges from Rs 100 up to a maximum balance of Rs 1 lakh.
Note: About Yes Bank
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO– Prashant Kumar
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)- Anita Pai
- Tagline– Experience our Expertise.
♦UCO Bank partners with four insurers to sell their products
- State-run UCO Bank on 21st June tied up with four insurers to offer various insurance products to its customers through its network of branches across the country.
- The lender teamed up with SBI Life Insurance Company, the Oriental Insurance Company and Religare Health Insurance Company, Star Health and Allied Insurance Company for selling their products.
♦WWE legend The Undertaker announces retirement after three decades
- Legendary wrestler Mark William Calaway, popularly known as by his ring name The Undertaker, on 22nd June announced that he is bidding adieu to WWE.
- The 55-year-old confirmed his decision to end his in-ring career after three decades during the fifth and final installment of his documentary ‘Undertaker: The Last Ride’ on WWE Network–the glimpse of which was also shared by the wrestler.
♦23rd June: United Nations Public Service Day 2020
- Every year the United Nations Public Service Day is observed on June 23 as a mark of respect and gratitude to people in public service, sometimes endangering their lives, in countries across the world.
- This year the UN is holding a virtual event to engage public servants from across the world and discuss the stiff challenges the pandemic is throwing at frontline workers and citizens virtually every day.
♦International Widows Day is observed on 23 June
- International Widows’ Day is observed on 23 June. A million of widows across the globe live in poverty, and without any substantial support. Widows, and people dependent on them, face extreme poverty, a lot of injustice, among other societal. The day aims to address the issue that widows and their children face in several countries.
♦23rd June: International Olympic Day 2020
- International Olympic Day is celebrated across the world on June 23 every year to mark the importance of games and sports in our lives and to promote participation in games and sports across the world, irrespective of age, gender, cast or religion.
- The International Olympic Day was first celebrated on June 23 in 1894 in nine countries — Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June- World Blood Donor Day
- 15 June- World Wind Day & World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 17 June- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (International)
- 20 June- World Refugee Day (International)
- 21 June- World Music Day, World Hydrography Day, International Yoga Day and World Father’s Day
♦Director Joel Schumacher dies at 80
- Joel Schumacher, the eclectic and brazen filmmaker who dressed New York department store windows before shepherding the Brat Pack to the big screen in St. Elmo’s Fire and steering the Batman franchise into its most baroque territory in Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, has died. He was 80.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here