Daily GK Update: 23 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Shivraj Singh Chouhan to take oath as Madhya Pradesh CM
- The BJP Legislative Party meeting is scheduled to be held on 23rd March at 6 pm at the party headquarters in Bhopal. Following which party leader Shivraj Singh Chouhan is likely to take oath as the new Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
- Congress leader and former CM Kamal Nath had on March 20 tendered his resignation to Governor Lalji Tandon following the resignation of 22 Congress
Note: List of North East State CM
- Assam-Shri Sarbananda Sonowal
- Arunachal Pradesh-Shri Pema Khandu
- Manipur- Shri Nongthombam Biren Singh
- Mizoram- Pu Zoramthanga
- Nagaland- Shri. Neiphiu Rio
- Sikkim- Prem Singh Tamang
International (Current Affairs)
♦“Inevitable” to postpone Tokyo Olympics: PM Abe
- The comments from Shinzo Abe were his first acknowledgement that the 2020 Games may not open as scheduled on July 24, as the coronavirus marches across the globe causing unprecedented chaos.
- Canada’s Olympic and Paralympic committees meanwhile announced they will not send teams to the Games if they are held this summer, citing the health of their athletes and the general public. And Australia’s Olympic committee told athletes to prepare for a Tokyo Olympics in the northern-hemisphere summer of 2021.
- “It’s clear the Games can’t be held in July,” Australian chef de mission Ian Chesterman said.
♦Sri Lanka pledges 5 Million US dollars to COVID-19 SAARC emergency fund
- Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has pledged 5 Million US dollars to the COVID-19 emergency fund, set up by Prime minister Narendra Modi during his video conferencing with SAARC leaders to tackle COVID-19.
- This is a fund for the SAARC countries to draw from to deal with issues related to COVID-19.
Note: About Sri lanka
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Prime minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
♦Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan pledge $3.5 mn to SAARC COVID-19 Fund
- Bangladesh and Nepal pledged to contribute $1.5 million and $1 million respectively to the SAARC Corona Emergency Fund proposed by PM Narendra Modi with an initial offer of $10 million from India to help combat the fast-spreading COVID-19 pandemic in the region.
- India first announced to provide $10 million to the fund and subsequently Nepal and Afghanistan promised $1 million each and the Maldives and Bhutan committed $200,000 and 100,000 respectively.
Banking and Financial
♦UBS cuts India’s FY21 real GDP growth forecast from 5.1% to 4%
- With over 400 positive Covid-19 cases in India resulting in lockdowns on 23rd March led UBS Securities to sharply cut India’s growth forecast for the next financial year starting April 1, to 4 per cent from the 5.1 per cent estimated earlier.
Note: India’s GDP Forecast FY2020-21
- World Bank-5.8%
♦23rd March- Shaheed Diwas
- Every year, on March 23, India celebrates Shaheed Diwas or Martyr’s Day in memory of three freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev who sacrificed their lives for the goal of attaining independence for the country.
- Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev were hanged till death on March 23, 1931, in Lahore jail during British rule.
♦23rd March- World Meteorological Day
- World Meteorological Day is celebrated every year on 23 March to commemorate the entry into force in 1950 of the convention that created the World Meteorological Organization. The day also highlights the contribution that National Meteorological and Hydrological Services make to the safety and well-being of society.
- Theme 2020- Climate and Water
Note: List of March’s Important Day
- 1st March-World civil defence day
- 3rd March-World Hearing Day
- 3rd March-World Wildlife Day
- 8th March-International Women’s Day
- 15th March-World Consumer Rights Day
♦22nd March- World Water Day
- World Water Day, on 22 March every year, is about focusing attention on the importance of water.
- As the global population grows, so does the demand for water, which depletes natural resources and damages the environment in many places. Solutions include protecting carbon sinks such as oceans and wetlands, adopting climate-smart agricultural techniques, and increasing the safe reuse of wastewater.
- Theme 2020- ‘Water and Climate Change’
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|