Daily GK Update 23rd March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 23rd March: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
MP’s Govt. launched Mission Gramodaya
- On 19 March 2021, Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the Mission Gramodaya in the Madhya Pradesh.
- Mission Gramodaya has been started for the overall development of rural areas.
- Apart from providing housing facilities, the mission aims to have every village concrete roads, gram panchayat building, Muktidham and sports grounds in every gram panchayat. Water will be supplied through taps in every house in every village.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Rajasthan universal health scheme to begin May 1
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on 22nd March announced that his government’s much anticipated Universal Health Scheme (UHS) will be launched on May 1 this year.
- Every family will get an insurance benefit of ₹ 5 lakhs under the Universal Healthcare scheme. Those covered under Ayushman Bharat Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana along with contract workers and small and marginal farmers can avail this scheme for free.
- Ashok Gehlot also assured that all those who are not covered under the above schemes can avail a treatment of ₹ 5 lakhs at any private and government hospital in the state.
- “While others in the state can pay half of the insurance premium, of ₹ 850 annually and avail the treatment of ₹ 5 lakhs at any private and government hospital.
Note: About Rajasthan
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
AP launched India’s First Govt Run Animal Ambulance Network
- The state government of the Andhra Pradesh has decided to set up “India’s first government-run ambulance network” for animals. This decision was taken in order to further boost the animal husbandry and veterinary sector in the state.
- Ambulance network as one of its main missions in order to help in reaching out to the distressed animals to provide them proper animal healthcare. The Animal Husbandry Department was directed to set up one Mobile Ambulance Veterinary Clinic at each of the assembly constituency.
Banking & Financial
RBI sets up Panel to Evaluate Bank Applications headed by Shyamala Gopinath
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a “standing external advisory committee (SEAC)” on March 23, 2021. This panel will evaluate the applications for the universal banks and small finance banks (SFBs).
- This committee comprises of five members. The chairperson of the committee will be the former RBI deputy governor, Shyamala Gopinath. The committee has a tenure of three years. The secretarial support to the panel will be provided by Department of Regulation of the RBI.
- Purpose: The committee will meet periodically, as and when it will be required. The panel will be free to ask for more information and can held discussions with any applicant for clarification on any issue. After this, the committee will submit its recommendations to the apex bank.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’: Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak
- National Financial Reporting Authority: Professor R. Narayanaswamy
- Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
- Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
- Assessment of relief to bank borrower: Rajiv Mehrishi
- Panel for conversion of large NBFCs into banks: P K Mohanty
- RBI forms working group on digital lending as frauds come into sharp focus: Ayant Kumar Dash
Gandhi Peace Prize for the Year 2019 & 2020
- The Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019 is being conferred on (Late) His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman. Gandhi Peace Prize recognizes the unparalleled vision and leadership of the Late H.M. Sultan Qaboos Bin Said in strengthening relations between India and Oman, and his efforts to promote peace and non-violence in the Gulf region.
- On the other hand, Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2020 is being conferred on Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. The Committee selected the name of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in recognition of his outstanding contributions towards social, economic and political transformation through non-violent and other Gandhian methods.
India Legends wins 2020-21 Road Safety World Series T-20
- In Cricket, India Legends defeated Sri Lanka Legends by 14 runs to clinch the Road Safety World Series final title, held at Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Man of the Match Yusuf Pathan (India Legends) in final and Player of the Series Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka Legends).
- Most Runs: Tillakaratne Dilshan
- Most Wickets: Tillakaratne Dilshan
Pabbi-Anti-Terror 2021: India, Pakistan and China to hold anti-terror exercise
- The eight-member bloc said that the decision to hold the joint exercise ‘Pabbi-Anti-Terror 2021’ was announced during the 36th meeting of the Council of the Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure (RATS) held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, on March 18.
- Members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, including India, Pakistan and China, will hold a joint anti-terrorism exercise this year.
- “Decisions have been made to improve cooperation between the competent authorities of the SCO member states in identifying and suppressing channels that finance terrorist activities.
- Delegations of the competent authorities of India, Kazakhstan, China, the Kyrgyz Republic, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and the RATS Executive Committee attended the meeting.
23rd March – World Meteorological Day
- World Meteorological Day is celebrated on 23rd March every year to attract attention towards weather and climate for the safety and well being of the society. On 23rd March, 1950, the World Meteorological Organisation came into force. The theme chosen for this day reflects topical weather, climate, or water-related issues.
- Theme 2021: “The Ocean, Our Climate and Weather.”
23rd March-Shaheed Diwas
- Shaheed Diwas, also called Martyrs’ Day, is celebrated in India on March 23 every year. On this day, Indians pay tributes to the people who had lost their lives in the struggle for India’s independence. Every year, various leaders organise events to remember slain freedom fighters. They express their gratitude for the fallen.
- Indians in particular pay tribute to Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar and Shivaram Rajguru. These freedom fighters had lost their lives on March 23 in 1931 during the struggle for India’s independence.
21st March: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- The United Nations observe March 21 as International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- The day aims to raise awareness about equality amd marks as an initiative to end all forms of racism and racial discrimination and calls all sections of society to stand up against intolerant attitudes.
- Theme 2021: “Youth standing up against racism”.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|