Daily GK Update 23 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Kerala’s Gender Park to sign MoU with UN Women
- The Gender Park, an autonomous body under the Kerala government, is all set to partner with UN Women to further the cause of women empowerment and function as a South Asia hub for gender equality.
- UN Women would give a renewed push to the Gender Park’s efforts by providing support for activities like research, education and social intervention towards establishing gender equality.
Banking & Financial
♦NCAER expects GDP to contract 7.3% in FY21
- The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) said on 22nd Dec it expects the GDP to contract 7.3 per cent in 2020-21 from 12.6 contraction estimated earlier in September.
- NCAER expects the GDP to record marginal growth of 0.1 per cent and 2 per cent in October-December and January-March, respectively.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)8%
- RBI- (-)7.5%
- SBI– (-)7.4%
- Fitch: (-) 9.4%
- S&P- (-) 7.7%
♦ICICI Bank launches ‘Infinite India’ platform for foreign firms
- ICICI Bank has launched a new online platform for foreign firms looking to set up or expand their business in India. The platform, dubbed ‘Infinite India’, will offer foreign businesses banking solutions and value-added services.
- ‘Infinite India’ will seek to eliminate the need for coordinating with multiple touchpoints thus leading to a hassle-free experience for foreign companies in India.
Note: About ICICI Bank
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: “Hum Hai na…”
♦ADB to give Rs 2100-cr loan to Tripura for urban, tourism development
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is likely to provide a Rs 2,100 crore loan to the Tripura government for the development of urban areas and tourism in the northeastern state that borders Bangladesh.
- Rs 1600 crore will be for urban development and Rs 500 crore for the tourism sector.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020 (Recently)
- $300 million– Develop Rajasthan’s towns
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
- $50 million -Improve resource planning in West Bengal
- $190 million – Modernisation and upgradation of power distribution system in Karnataka’s capital city of Bengaluru.
- $300 million – Primary health care in urban areas
- $300 million – Upgrade power distribution network in Uttar Pradesh
♦NTPC wins prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020
- Country’s largest power producer, NTPC ltd has been conferred “Excellence” in the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020 in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Domain. NTPC has been honoured in the Corporate Excellence Category, Commendation for Significant Achievement.
- This is the highest award conferred by CII-ITC in CSR domain. NTPC is the only PSU to receive the award in the Corporate Excellence category.
- NTPC wins the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Awards in Corporate Excellence category second time in a row i.e. in the year 2019 and 2020.
Note: About NTPC
- Founded: 1975
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman & Managing director: Gurdeep Singh
♦Vineet Agarwal replaces Niranjan Hiranandani as ASSOCHAM President
- Managing Director of logistics major Transport Corporation of India Limited Vineet Agarwal has taken over as the new President of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham), the industry body.
- He replaces Niranjan Hiranandani, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Hiranandani Group of Companies. Sumant Sinha, Chairman and Managing Director of ReNew Power, is the new Senior Vice-President of Assocham.
Note: About ASSOCHAM
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1920
♦India successfully test-fires medium range surface-to air missile “MRSAM”off Odisha coast
- India on 23rd Dec successfully test-fired a medium range surface-to-air missile (MRSAM) from Odisha coast. The DRDO has jointly developed the missile in collaboration with Israel Aerospace Industries.
- The entire mission trajectory from the launch to plunging into the sea was monitored by various radars and electro-optico instruments.
♦Rashtriya Kisan Diwas: December 23
- Every year, the Rashtriya Kisan Diwas is observed on December 23. The Rashtriya Kisan Diwas is also called the Farmer’s Day. In India, it is celebrated in December 23 to honour the fifth Prime Minister of India, Choudhary Charan Singh. December 23 is the birthday of Choudhary Singh.
- The Government of India decided to celebrate the birthday of Choudhary Charan singh as Farmers Day in 2001. READ MORE…………
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|