Daily GK Update 23 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦IMD warns of ‘severe cyclonic storm’ approaching Tamil Nadu
- Development cyclonic disturbance in the Bay of Bengal is expected to become a “severe cyclonic storm” by the evening of November 24.
- India uses a five-stage classification system for cyclonic storms, those with wind speeds of 90 to 100 km / h called “ severe cyclonic storm ” and those with progressively higher speeds called “ very ” cyclones. severe ” and “ extremely severe ”.
- The storm will increase rainfall in the southern peninsula of India, particularly over Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry and Karaikal from November 24 to 26 and on the southern coast of Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema and Telangana on November 25 and 26.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon 2020
- Storm Eta: Guatemala
- Tropical Storm “Cristobal”: Louisiana, Mississippi Coasts. (US)
- Tropical storm Amanda: El Salvador & Guatemala
- Cyclone Nisarga: Maharashtra, Gujarat
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
♦PM Modi to address 100th foundation day of University of Lucknow
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the celebration of the centennial foundation day of the University of Lucknow on November 25. The PM will address the students via a video conference.
- The university was established in 1920 and is celebrating its 100th year.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Swap with Indonesia: India to host G-20 Summit in 2023
- India is set to host the G-20 summit in 2023, instead of 2022 — the 75th year of Independence. Indonesia will assume G-20 presidency in 2022 after a swap with India.
- About G20 summit, 2020: The main focus of the Summit was on resilient, inclusive and sustainable recovery from covid-19 crisis. During the Summit the leaders discussed on the preparedness of the countries in response to the pandemic. They also shared their vision on building a resilient future.
Note: List of G-20 Host Country in future
- 2020– Saudi Arabia
- 2021- Italy
- 2022- Indonesia
- 2024– Brazil
♦Malaysia hosts APEC Summit
- The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation was recently hosted by Malaysia. Several leaders of the cooperation joined the summit. The Summit was attended by the US President Donald Trump as well. The next APEC meeting is to be hosted by New Zealand.
- About the Summit: The APEC Putrajaya Vision 2040 was adopted during the Summit. It envisions and open, resilient peaceful Asia Pacific community by 2040. The Summit also replaced the 1994 Bogor Goals with post 2020 vision. The economies are to achieve the post 2020 vision through three economic drivers such as trade and investment, strong balance secure sustainable and inclusive growth, Innovation and digitalization.
Banking & Financial
♦Larsen & Toubro (L&T) Gets Tender Worth 7000 Crores in India’s First Bullet Train Project
- The construction division of Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has secured a ‘Mega’ order of unspecified amount for its Heavy Civil Infrastructure business in India from the National High-Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHRCL), executing the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project.
- A mega order is worth over ₹7,000 crore as per the company’s set parameters.
- About Project: The approximately 508 km Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail project will cover 155.76 km in Maharashtra, 4.3 km in the Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and 348.04 km in Gujarat with 12 stations along the route.
♦ADB approves $50 mn loan to improve resource planning in West Bengal
- The Asian Development Bank on 21st Nov announced it has approved a USD 50 million loan to improve operational efficiencies and resource planning and management in West Bengal.
- The loan will support the integration of financial and information system and the expansion of automation reforms in the operations of the state government, which are expected to strengthen the delivery of public services and create fiscal savings.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $USD 1.5 billion-Help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
- $300 million– Develop Rajasthan’s towns
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
♦Queen Mother of Bhutan and HelpAge India receive 2020 UN Population Award
- Her Majesty Gyalyum Sangay Choden Wangchuck, Queen Mother of Bhutan, was announced as the individual laureate for the 2020 United Nations Population Award. HelpAge India was announced as the award’s institutional laureate.
- Her Majesty Gyalyum Sangay Choden Wangchuck is a longstanding champion of sexual and reproductive health and rights and the need to end violence against women, girls and children in Bhutan. Among her many achievements in recent decades.
- She has helped to create an enabling environment to openly discuss sexual reproductive health in the kingdom and founded a volunteer organization called “Respect, Educate, Nurture and Empower Women” (RENEW) in 2004. She has also been a Goodwill Ambassador for UNFPA for more than 20 years.
♦SIMBEX 2020 Exercise betweeen India-Singapore Naval in Andaman Sea
- The Indian and Singapore Navy are to hold maritime exercise SIMBEX-20 in the Andaman Sea between November 23, 2020 and November 25, 2020. The exercise is being conducted between the countries since 1994.
- The exercise aims to enhance mutual inter-operability between the countries. The Indian Navy ships to participate in the exercise are destroyer Rana along with Chetak helicopter, corvettes Kamorta and Karmuk. Also, submarine Sindhuraj and P81 reconnaissance aircrafts are to participate in the exercise.
List of Defence exercise between India & Singapore
- IMDEX-India & Singapore
- Bold Kurukshetra-India and Singapore
♦SITMEX 2020: India, Singapore and Thailand hold Naval Exercise
- The trilateral Naval exercise, SITMEX-20 between India, Singapore and Thailand was held in the Andaman sea. The SITMEX-20 Naval exercise was scheduled in a “non-contact at sea only format” due to covid-19 restrictions.
- The main objective of the exercise is to increase the interoperability between the three navies. The exercise will also enhance multifaceted Maritime operations. Apart from SITMEX, India and Singapore held SIMBEX-20 separately in the Andaman sea.
- Note: Other Defence exercise India and Thailand- Maitree
♦Daniil Medvedev won ATP tournament
- Daniil Medvedev won the biggest title of his career so far when he emerged triumphant at the season-ending ATP tournament Finals on 22nd Nov. The Russian world No 4 came from a set down to beat US Open champion Dominic Thiem 4-6, 7-6 (7/2), 6-4 in a display of calm grit
- The tournament was held in London on November 22, 2020.
- About ATP Tournament: The ATP tournament is the second highest tier of men’s Tennis Tournament after the Grand Slam. The tournament was first held in 1970.
♦NASA launches Sentinel satellite to track Earth’s sea level rise
- NASA launched the Copernicus Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich satellite to monitor oceans. The satellite was launched in SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket on November 21, 2020. The satellite launch was a part of the Mission Jason Continuity of Service.
- The mission was launched to measure the height of the ocean. Measuring the height of the ocean is one of the key components in understanding the climate change. The spacecraft consists of two components. The other component of the spacecraft is to be launched in 2025.
♦Former Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi passes away At 86
- Former Assam chief minister and senior Congress leader Tarun Gogoi passed away on 23rd Nov.
- Gogoi was the MLA from the Titabor assembly constituency since 2001. He was also a six-time parliamentarian and a Union minister twice.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|