Daily GK Update 23rd October 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
♦National (Current Affairs)
♦AP CM launched “YSR Bima” insurance cover scheme
- Chief Minister, Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, on 22nd October launched the YSR Bima scheme, which would benefit 1.41 crore families by providing insurance cover.
- Benefit: it will take 15 days to settle the insurance claims, the government will provide Rs 10,000 as immediate aid to the family members if the insurance holder met with an accident or died.
- Accidental death & total permanent disability ( Age: 18-50 ) = Rs 5 lakh
- Accidental death & total permanent disability ( Age: 51-70 ) = Rs 3 lakh
- Natural Death ( Age : 18-50 ) = Rs 2 lakh
- Partial permanent disability due to an accident (Age : 18-70 ) = Rs 1.5 lakh
- Rs 510 crore: Money to be paid by the government a year as insurance premium.
Note: About AP
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦Uttarakhand CM launched Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on 21st October inaugurated Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme (Ekikrit Adarsh Krishi Gram Yojana) in the state in partnership with NABARD.
- Aims: “Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme is a concept which will prove to be a milestone in strengthening the economy of farmers and doubling their income.
- Describing organic farming as one of the biggest strengths of Uttarakhand, he asked farmers to focus on it with emphasis on mechanised and scientific farming to boost productivity.
♦Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh bags top position for implementing PMGSY
- Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh has bagged the first position among 30 districts of the country for successfully implementing the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
- Union Ministry of Rural Development declared the list of top performing 30 districts in the country. Mandi district has received top position for constructing roads of maximum length in 2020-21.
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY): It is a nationwide scheme that aims to provide all-weather road connectivity to the unconnected villages. The scheme was launched in 2000 by Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The PMGSY is being implemented under the Ministry of Rural Development. It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme. In November 2015, it was decided that the project will be funded by both the central government (60%) and states (40%) on the recommendations of 14th Finance Commission. PMGSY connect habitations having population of more than 250 in the hilly states and above 500 in the plains.
♦LG signs Lewis Hamilton as ambassador of LG Signature
- LG Electronics has named Lewis Hamilton a global ambassador for its home solutions brand, LG Signature.
- Hamilton, the epitome of skill, style and precision will be seen communicating the brand’s philosophy.
♦Vega ropes in Rohit Sharma as brand ambassador
- Ace Indian cricketer and Captain of Mumbai Indians, Rohit Sharma has been signed up by India’s leading beauty accessories brand, Vega, for its men’s personal grooming electronics range under the ‘Vega Men’ brand.
- Rohit Sharma will feature as the brand ambassador for ‘Vega Men’ range in the upcoming digital campaign.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador– Salman Khan
- Mastercard –M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
- ebikeGo: Harbhajan Singh
♦Dr Jajini Varghese honoured with Outstanding Young Person 2020
- UK-based Indian-origin plastic surgeon, Dr Jajini Varghese has been named an ‘Outstanding Young Person of the World 2020’ by a non-profit NGO for her “incredible” scientific contributions to diagnosing and treating breast cancer.
- Varghese has been recognised in the “Medical Innovation” category for making it her personal mission to attempt to restore the lives of millions of women affected by breast cancer and will be presented with the award at a ceremony at the 2020 Junior Chamber International (JCI) World Congress in Yokohama, Japan.
♦Navy Operationalizes First Batch of Women Pilots
- The first batch of women pilots of Indian Navy have been operationalized on Dornier Aircraft by the Southern Naval Command (SNC) at Kochi. The three women pilots were part of the six pilots of the 27th Dornier Operational Flying Training (DOFT) Course, who graduated as ‘Fully operational Maritime Reconnaissance (MR) Pilots’ at a passing out ceremony held at INS Garuda, Kochi on 22 Oct 20.
- The three women pilots of first batch are LieutenantDivya Sharma (from Malviya Nagar, New Delhi), LieutenantShubhangiSwaroop (fromTilhar, Uttar Pradesh) and Lieutenant Shivangi (fromMuzaffarpur, Bihar).
List of India’s First Woman (Recently)
- First woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale- Shivangi Singh
- First Female Flight Commander-Shalija Dhami
- First Woman Flight Engineer of Indian Air Force-Hina Jaiswal
- First Indian Woman Who Flew a Fighter aircraft Solo-Avani Chaturvedi
- First Woman Fighter Pilot to Undertake Missions by day on Hawk-Mohana Singh
- First Woman Pilot of Indian Navy-Shivangi
- World’s first female spacewalking-Christina Koch and Jessica Meir
- First time lead woman army officer Parade at Republic day– Tania Shergill
- First women Navy officers to be posted on Indian warship-Sub Lt Kumudini Tyagi and Sub Lt Riti Singh
♦”INS Kavaratti” commissioned into Indian Navy
- The Chief of Army Staff, General MM Naravane has commissioned the ‘INS Kavaratti’, the last of four indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare (ASW) stealth corvettes, into the Indian Navy in Visakhapatnam.
- The ship has been designed by the Indian Navy’s in-house organisation, Directorate of Naval Design (DND), and built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata. The anti-submarine warfare (ASW) stealth corvettes have been undertaken under ‘Project 28’, also called Kamorta-class corvettes of the Navy.
♦22nd October: International Stuttering Awareness Day
- International Stuttering Awareness Day is observed globally on 22nd October every year. The day is intended to raise public awareness of the millions of people who have a speech disorder of stuttering or stammering.
- Theme 2020″: “Journey of Words – Resilience and Bouncing Back”.
♦IAF’s first woman officer Vijayalakshmi Ramanan passes away
- Indian Air Force 1st woman officer, Wing Commander (retd) Dr Vijaylakshmi Ramanan passed away. She was born in February 1924, she did her MBBS and later was commissioned in the Army Medical Corps on August 22, 1955.
- She was promoted to the rank of Wing Commander in August 1972 and honoured with the Vishist Seva Medal five years later. She had retired in February 1979.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|