Daily GK Update 23rd September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Atal tunnel: The world’s longest highway tunnel above 10,000 ft
- Atal tunnel is the world’s longest highway tunnel above 10,000 ft. This 9.02 km long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul & Spiti Valley throughout the year. It has been named after former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- This all-weather tunnel will reduce the distance between Manali & Leh by 46 kms. It is also the country’s first tunnel to have an escape tunnel within the main tunnel because of the topography.
♦MP Govt. Launched Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana to benefit farmers
- Madhya Pradesh government has announced ‘Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana’ on the lines of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Under the announced scheme, the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi, getting Rs. 6,000 per annum, will be getting additional financial assistance of Rs. 4,000, making their total annual assistance to be Rs. 10,000 per annum.
- As per the reports, around 80 lakh farmers will be benefitted from Chief Minister Kisan Kalyan Yojana.
Note: List of Scheme & campaign lunched by MP’s Govt.
- Chief Minister COVID-19 Yoddha Kalyan Yojana
- Yuva Swabhiman Yojana
- Sambal Yojana / Jeevan Shakti Yojana / Jeevan Amrit Yojana
- ‘Intzaar Aap Ka’ campaign
- ‘FIR Aapke Dwar’ / Karmaveer Medal
- Mukhyamantri Shahri Path Vyavsayi Utthan Yojana
- “Thank Mom / Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme / “Kill Corona“ campaign
- Roko Toko Campaign.
- 750 MW REWA Solar power plant
- ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ campaign
- Rozgar Setu / Charan Paduka / Top Parent App
International (Current Affairs)
♦Bah Ndaw named Mali’s interim president
- Mali’s former defence minister, Bah Ndaw, has been named as president of the country’s new transition government.
- Colonel Assimi Goita, the leader of the National Committee for the Salvation of the People (CNSP) which overthrew Mali’s President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, was appointed vice president.
Note: About Mali
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Banking & Financial
♦KKR to invest Rs 5,550 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures for 1.28% equity
- Global investment firm KKR will invest Rs 5,500 crore in Reliance Retail for 1.28 per cent equity share. Reliance Retail runs supermarkets, India’s largest consumer electronics chain store, a cash and carry wholesaler, fast-fashion outlets and an online grocery store JioMart.
- Earlier, Silver Lake had invested Rs 7,500 cr (1.75% Stake) into Reliance Retail Ventures. Silver Lake also put $1.35 billion for a stake in Ambani’s Jio Platforms Ltd, while KKR invested $1.5 billion.
List of Company Jio stake buyer
- 22nd April: Facebook 9.99 percent stake at Rs 43,573.62 crore
- 4th May: Silver Lake 1.15 percent stake at Rs 5,655.75 crore
- 8th May: Vista 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 17th May: General Atlantic 1.34 percent stake at Rs 6,598.38 crore
- 22nd May: KKR 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 5th June: Mubadala 1.85 percent stake at Rs 9,093.60 crore
- 5th June: Silver Lake: 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 7th June: ADIA 1.16 percent stake at Rs 5,683.50 crore
- 13th June: TPG 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 13th June: L Catterton 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
- 18th June: PIF 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 2nd July: Intel Capital 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
- 12th July: Qualcomm Ventures 0.15% stake at Rs 730cr.
- 15th July: Google 7.7% stake at 33,737cr.
- Total: Rs. 1,52,056 crores , Stake: 32.94%
♦Simanchala Dash appointed as advisor to IMF Executive Director
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the proposal to appoint Simanchala Dash as an advisor to Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington.
- He has been appointed for a period of three years.
Note: About IMF
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States.
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva.
♦India conducts successful flight test of ABHYAS from Odisha test range
- India on 22nd September successfully conducted the flight test of ABHYAS – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) – from a test range in Odisha
- ABHYAS has been designed and developed by the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) of the DRDO. The vehicle has been programmed for fully autonomous flight. The check out of the air vehicle is done using laptop-based Ground Control Station (GCS).
♦Indian Navy conducts Passage Exercise with Royal Australian Navy
- The Indian Navy (IN) has commenced a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Australian Navy (RAN) in the East Indian Ocean Region.
- The exercise would involve participation of HMAS Hobart from the Australian side and Indian Naval Ships Sahyadri and Karmuk. PASSEXs are regularly conducted by IN with units of friendly foreign navies, whilst visiting each other’s ports or during a rendezvous at sea.
Note: Some Important Defence Exercise
- Surya Kiran-India and Nepal
- Sampriti-India and Bangladesh
- Harimau Shakti-India and Malaysia
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Varuna-India and France
- Indra-India and Russia
- Khanjar-India and Kyrgyzstan
♦Professional tennis player, former cricketer Ashleigh Barty wins Golf Championship
- Multi-talented Ashleigh Barty has conquered tennis, been a professional cricketer and has now added another string to her sporting bow by winning Brookwater Golf Club women’s championship.
- The 24-year-old Australian, who famously played professional cricket during a year out from tennis, decided not to leave home for the U.S. Open or her title defence at Roland Garros because of the pandemic.
♦22nd September: World Rose Day 2020
- World Rose Day is annually celebrated on September 22 in dedication to the welfare of cancer patients. On this day, people around the world work towards bringing cheer and hope into the lives of all those people who have been affected by cancer.
- More importantly, it seeks to remind patients and their caregivers, that they are not alone in this battle against the deadly disease.
♦23rd September: International Day of Sign Languages 2020
- International Day of Sign Languages is observed on 23 September 2020 with an aim to raise awareness of the importance of sign language in the full realization of the human rights of people who are deaf.
- The International Day of Sign Languages offers an opportunity to support and protect the linguistic identity and cultural diversity of all sign language users.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here