Daily GK Update: 24 & 25 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India to be in lockdown for 21 days from 25 March 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announced three-week nationwide lockdown from 25th March. All shops selling essentials — such as grocery, milk, vegetables, fruit, meat, fish, as well as chemists, ATMs, banks, gas, petrol pumps etc — to remain open during 21 days lockdown, the guidelines say.
- WHAT REMAINS OPEN
-Petrol Pumps, CNG, LPG, PNG
-Banks, insurance offices, print and electronic media to remain open
-Disaster management, power transmission units
-Police, home guards, defence and armed forces
-Electricity, water and sanitation
-Hospitals, nursing homes, fire stations, ATMs will continue to work:
-Fair price shops and those dealing with food, groceries, fruits, vegetables, dairy, meat, fish, animal fodder
-Capital and debt market services as notified by SEBI
- WHAT REMAINS CLOSED
-All transport services — road, rail and air — to remain suspended during the lockdown period
-Suspension of Railway services will be extended till April 14
-Educational, social, political institutions
-Not more than 20 people permitted during funerals
-All private offices
-Offices of state/ Union territory government and autonomous bodies
-Offices of government of India and public corporation
♦Gujarat Police first in India to introduce taser guns
- The Gujarat Police is now equipped with taser guns as a part of their modernization drive to ensure public safety and security, as per a statement from the office of the Director General of Police in Gujarat, Shivanand Jha.
- According to Gujarat Police officials, taser guns have been introduced to find an alternative between “ineffective lathis” and “deadly guns”. By introducing these as part of police arsenal, Gujarat becomes the first state in India to do so, following the footsteps of agencies such as the UK Metropolitan Police, the Los Angeles Police Department and the New York Police Department, amid others.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Population: 6.27 crores (2013)
♦India ranks 120th, Singapore tops: Economic Freedom Index 2020
- The Heritage Foundation published its 26th annual edition of Economic Freedom Index 2020 to measure the level of economic freedom in 186 countries. India (56.5) ranks in 120th position & Singapore (89.4) tops the index for the 1st time.
- Hong Kong (89.1) for the 1st time secured 2nd rank since the 1st publication in 1995.
Note: List of India’s latest ranking index
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index- 40th
- Henley Passport Index 2020- 84th
- Global Social Mobility Index- 76th
- Global corruption perception index 2019– 80th
- Global Talent Competitiveness Index- 72nd
International (Current Affairs)
♦Coronavirus pandemic – US advocacy group files $20 trillion lawsuit against Chinese govt
- Freedom Watch, a Washington-based advocacy group, and Buzz Photos, a Texas company that specialises in high school sports photography, have filed a class-action lawsuit against the Chinese government demanding $20 trillion in compensation for the damages caused by the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic.
- In the lawsuit, the petitioners have allegedly accused the Chinese government of developing coronavirus as ‘an illegal biological weapon’ and for releasing the same “by the Wuhan Institute of Virology, located in Wuhan, China, where the coronavirus outbreak originated,”.
♦Sunil Chhetri chosen for FIFA campaign against COVID-19 along with likes of Messi
- India football captain Sunil Chhetri has been picked by FIFA along with 28 past and present stars for world governing body’s awareness campaign to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FIFA and the World Health Organization (WHO) have teamed up to combat the coronavirus by launching a new awareness campaign led by world-renowned footballers, who are calling on all people around the world to follow five key steps to stop the spread of the disease.
- “Some of the greatest players to have played the beautiful game have put their names to the campaign and are united in their desire to pass the message to kick out COVID-19.”
♦Tokyo 2020 Olympics officially postponed until 2021
- Never before had the Olympic Games been postponed or canceled for something other than war, but rarely has the world come to a grinding halt the way it has over the novel coronavirus.
- What felt like the last major sporting event untouched by the current strain of the coronavirus — known formally as COVID-19 — the 2020 Olympics served as a glimmer of hope for the entire globe. But on 25th March, Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach agreed to postpone the Tokyo 2020 Olympics by about one year.
Banking and Financial
♦S&P cuts India GDP growth forecast for FY21 to 5.2 per cent
- S&P Global Ratings on 24th March cut its estimate for India’s GDP growth in the fiscal starting April 1 to 5.2 per cent from its earlier estimate of 6.5 per cent, as it saw the outbreak of coronavirus costing economies around the globe.
- The total and permanent income loss for Asia-Pacific from COVID-19 at approximately $620 billion.
Note: India’s GDP Forecast FY2020-21
- World Bank-5.8%
♦ATM withdrawal charges waived for 3 months
- Union finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 25th March announced the waiver of minimum bank charges for savings bank accounts to help citizens deal with a countrywide lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak tgat has affected almost 500 people across the country.
- Among a clutch of measures, she also announced free of charge cash withdrawal from any other bank ATM allowed for debit card holders for three months.
- Different banks have different minimum balance limits that customers have to maintain failing which banks levy penalties.
- On ATM withdrawals, banks allow a limited number of free withdrawals before charging a free for subsequent usage of the facility.
♦Justice Bhushan Dharmadhikari Appointed Chief Justice Of Bombay High Court
- Justice Bhushan P Dharmadhikari was on 22nd March sworn-in as Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court by Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
- Justice Dharmadhikari was appointed as the acting Chief Justice of the High Court last month.
- This decision was taken in view of former Chief Justice Pradeep Nandrajog’s retirement.
Note: List of Chief Justice
- Madhya Pradesh High Court– Chief Justice AK Mittal
- Patna High Court-Chief Justice Sanjay Karol
- Chief Justices Himachal Pradesh High Court-Lingappa Narayana Swamy
- Chief Justice of Telangana HC-Raghvendra Singh
- Chief Justice of Allahabad HC-Govind Mathur
♦Hillel Furstenberg & Gregory Margulis won Abel Prize Laureates 2020
- The Abel Prize 2020 has been awarded to Hillel Furstenberg and Gregory Margulis “for pioneering the use of methods from probability and dynamics in group theory, number theory and combinatorics”.
♦24th March: World Tuberculosis Day
- Every year, World Tuberculosis Day is celebrated on March 24. The day is celebrated to spread awareness among people about the disease. World Tuberculosis Day is observed all around the world to raise public awareness about the devastating health, social and economic consequences of Tuberculosis.
- Theme 2020- “It’s Time”
Note: List of March’s Important Day
- 1st March-World civil defence day
- 3rd March-World Hearing Day
- 3rd March-World Wildlife Day
- 8th March-International Women’s Day
- 15th March-World Consumer Rights Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here