Daily GK Update: 24 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦HRD Minister launched the #MyBookMyFriend campaign
- Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ extended greetings to everyone on the occasion of World Book Day and launched the #MyBookMyFriend campaign on social media on the occasion. Shri Pokhriyal has shared a video message on social media saying that when you open a book, you open a new world. He said that books are a person’s best friend. Books inspire everyone and provide a new way of thinking. Shri Nishank added that books serve as a guide in difficult times of life.
Note: List of Union Minister
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers: Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda
- Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution: Shri Ramvilas Paswan
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Ministry of Rural Development: Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries: Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment: Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot
International (Current Affairs)
♦Sri Lanka to seek $400 mn debt swap facility from RBI to meet short term financial needs
- Sri Lanka is set to enter into an agreement with the Reserve Bank of India for a currency swap worth USD 400 million to boost the foreign reserves and ensure the financial stability of the country which is badly hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Cabinet has approved a proposal made by Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa as the Finance Minister to enter into an agreement with the RBI for the financing facility to meet short-term international liquidity requirements, Co-Cabinet spokesman Information and Communication Minister Bandula Gunawardena said.
- Sri Lanka will enter into the agreement with the RBI for a Bilateral Currency Swap Arrangement worth USD 400 million, Gunawardena said, adding the facility from the RBI is aimed at boosting the island nation’s foreign reserves.
Note: About Sri lanka
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Population: 2.17 crores (2018) World Bank
Banking and Financial
♦India’s forex reserves surge $3.09 billion to $479.57 billion
- The country’s foreign exchange reserves surged by $3.09 billion to $479.57 billion in the week to April 17, due to an increase in foreign currency assets, according to the latest data from the Reserve Bank of India.
- In the previous week, the reserves had increased by $1.81 billion to $476.47 billion.
- The reserves had touched a life-time high of $487.23 billion in the week to March 6, after it rose by $5.69 billion.
- During 2020-21, the country’s foreign exchange reserves had risen by almost $62 billion.
♦Remittances to India likely to decline by 23% in 2020 due to COVID-19: World Bank
- Remittances to India are likely to drop by 23 per cent from USD 83 billion last year to USD 64 billion this year due to the coronavirus pandemic, which has resulted in a global recession, the World Bank has said.
- Globally remittances are projected to decline sharply by about 20 per cent this year due to the economic crisis induced by the pandemic and shutdowns, according to a World Bank report on the impact of the COVID-19 on migration and remittances released on 22nd
♦World Games unveil new logo, title for 2022 edition
- The World Games to be held in Birmingham, Alabama — which have been delayed due to the coronavirus outbreak — have unveiled a new logo and a new title.
- With the announcement of The Games shift to July 7-17, 2022, organisers have decided that the international multi-sport event will officially become ‘The World Games 2022′.
♦24th April: International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace
- The International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace was established on 12 December, 2018 and was first observed on April 24, 2019.
- Preserving the values of multilateralism and international cooperation, which underpin the UN Charter and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, is fundamental to promote and support the three pillars of the UN – peace and security, development and human rights.
♦24th April: National Panchayati Raj Day
- The first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated in 2010. Since then, the National Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated on April 24 every year in India.
- In 1992 a major change in the Panchayat system of India came in the form of the passage of the Panchayati Raj Act (73rd Amendment). The act came into existence with effect from April 24, 1993.
- The Panchayat raj is the oldest system of local government. The word ‘Panchayat’ is an amalgamation of two words where ‘Panch’ means ‘five’ and ‘Ayat’ means ‘assembly’ and ‘Raj’ means ‘rule’.
- Traditionally panchayats consisted of sensible and respected elders chosen and accepted by the local community. The leader of the panchayat was often called as the mukhiya, sarpanch or pradhan.
Note: List of Important Day (April)
- 4 April- International Day of Mine awareness
- 5th April- National Maritime Day
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 10 April – World Homoeopathy Day (WHD)
- 11 April – National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD)
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here