Daily GK Update 24 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Odisha Celebrated Nuakhai Festival 2020
- Nuakhai is a festival celebrated in Odisha and Jharkhand state. The agriculture community observes it on the next day of Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Nuakhai is a festival of farmers, also known as Nabanna. This time the Nuakhai celebration is on August 23. West Odisha people especially celebrate Nuakhai with great zeal.
- It is the festival when people revere their parentage deities as a symbol of gratefulness for plentiful crops, decent rain, and satisfactory weather conditions for agricultural interests.
List of Some Odisha Festival
- Ratha Yatra or Chariot Festival
- Sitalsasthi Carnival
- Gamha Purnima
- Hingula Yatra
- Kalinga Mahotsav
- Ekamra Utsav
- Chaita Parva
- Kedu Festival
♦Indian Railways generates 6,40,000 mandays of work under Gareeb Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Gareeb Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan, the Indian Railways has engaged a total of 12,276 workers under this scheme till August 21.
- It also generated more than 6,40,000 mandays of work under the scheme in six states.
- The ministry has also released the payment of Rs 1,410.35 crore to the contractors for the projects.
- Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha,OIRajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh are the six states where mandays of work have been generated.
- Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal is closely monitoring the progress in the schemes as around 165 railway infrastructure projects are being executed in these states.
♦Delhi to London—World’s longest bus voyage to start in 2021
- The first hop-on, hop-off bus service from India to England is set to depart Delhi in May 2021.
- Travel company Adventures Overland is calling the trip the “longest bus journey in the world” and is offering 20 people the chance to travel from Delhi to London by luxury coach.
- The post further adds that as a part of the tour, people will travel through 18 countries, covering 20,000 km in 70 days!
- The tourists on board will spend time in Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and the UK.
- Trip cost: INR 15 lakhs per person
♦India’s longest river ropeway over Brahmaputra opened for public
- The Guwahati-North Guwahati ropeway was formally launched on 24th August by Assam finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in presence of other senior Assam cabinet ministers.
- The ropeway is 2km long and the distance shall be covered in seven minutes and each carriage will be able to carry 32 passengers at a time.
Banking and Financial
♦GOI and AIIB sign agreement for $500 million to improve the network capacity of the suburban railway system in Mumbai
- The Government of India, the Government of Maharashtra, Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) signed a loan agreement for a $500 million.
- Purpose: Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III to improve the network capacity, service quality and safety of the suburban railway system in Mumbai.
List of Loan approved by AIIB 2020
- $750 million -Help the government strengthen its battle agains Covid-19
- $500 million-COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project”
- $145 million-Improve irrigation services in West Bengal
♦KVG Bank inks pact with SBI General Insurance
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with SBI General Insurance Co. Ltd. for selling general insurance products through its branches.
- As per the MoU the customers of KVGB will be able to avail bouquet of products that can cover their health, home, motor, property through the range of solutions that the company offers.
- SBI General Insurance Co Ltd will provide KVGB an enormous scope to cater the diverse insurance requirements of its customers.
♦SBI partners with AddaCorner to boost real estate market in Bengaluru
- State Bank of India (SBI) has unveiled its Online Home Carnival, in partnership with AddaCorner.
- With the aim of boosting the real estate sector in Bengaluru, the Carnival will invite all prospective home-buyers to virtually come together as a group to team up and directly connect and negotiate with empaneled real estate sellers, on real-time basis.
♦Adani Group to acquire 74% stake in Mumbai International Airport
- Gautam Adani-led Adani Group is set to acquire a 74 per cent stake in Mumbai International Airport (MIAL), which operates the country’s second-largest airport, with the current operator settling its disputes with its minority partner and exiting the venture.
- With six airports already under its belt, this will make the group the largest private airport operator after GMR Group, which operates Delhi and Hyderabad airports.
- The acquisition will also give the Adanis ownership of the upcoming Navi Mumbai airport, in which MIAL holds 74 per cent.
♦Jacques Kallis, Sthalekar and Zaheer Abbas inducted into ICC Cricket Hall of Fame
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) inducted three retired greats of the game into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame during an absorbing show broadcast around the world via ICC digital channels.
- South Africa’s gritty all-rounder Jacques Kallis and talented Australian World Cup-winning all-rounder Lisa Sthalekar were joined by Zaheer Abbas of Pakistan, a stylish batsman of the 1970s and 80s who was also known as the Asian Bradman.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account