Daily GK Update : 24 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates India’s first global Mega Science Exhibition “Vigyan Samagam” in Delhi
- The Union Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh said that three-tier teams should be set up for scientific research involving older and younger generations, so that continuity can be maintained in research work.
- Aims: Focus on educating the young students, so that they can choose science as a career in future.
♦India’s First War Memorial for Animals in Meerut
- Meerut city in Uttar Pradesh will be host to India’s first war memorial for service animals including dogs, horses and mules. This place will dedicate itself to the contributions and heroics of animals who have helped the army in counter-insurgency operations in Kashmir and in the battlefield during the Kargil War.
Note: About UP
- Founded: 24 January 1950
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Population: 20.42 crores (2012)
♦Srinagar declared Open Defecation Free
- Mayor of Srinagar Junaid Azim Mattu on 22nd January said that Srinagar has joined the list of ‘Open Defecation Free’ cities.
- “Srinagar receives its Swachhata Certificate from Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Central Government and joins the list of cities that are now “OPEN DEFECATION FREE”. Another achievement after Srinagar gets 45th Rank in Cleanest Cities in the country.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Opens its first Mahatma Gandhi convention centre in Niger
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar and President of Niger Mahamadou Issoufou on 22nd January jointly inaugurated the first convention centre established in Africa by India to honour the memory of Mahatma Gandhi.
- It is the first centre to be established in Africa by India to honour the memory of Mahatma Gandhi whose 150th Birth Anniversary.
Note: About Niger
- Capital: Niamey
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Banking and Financial
♦Vodafone m-pesa’s certificate of authorisation cancelled by RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India on Tuesday cancelled the Certificate of Authorisation (CoA) of Vodafone m-pesa after its voluntary surrender of authorisation.
- The company henceforth cannot transact business of issuance and operation of Prepaid payment Instruments.
- Customers or merchants having a valid claim on the company as a PSO, can approach the company till September 30, 2022, for settlement of their claims within three years from the date of cancellation.
- “The Reserve Bank of India, in exercise of the powers conferred on it under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007, has cancelled the Certificate of Authorisation (CoA) of the below mentioned Payment System Operator (PSO) on account of voluntary surrender of authorization.
♦New India Co-operative Bank shareholders approve conversion to small finance bank
- The New India Co-operative Bank (NICB) on 22nd January said its shareholders have decided to convert it into a small finance bank.
- Reason: The move comes after a slew of regulatory changes by the RBI following the Rs 4,500-crore PMC Bank fraud and to ensure better regulation of such lenders which are heavily influenced by regional political heavyweights.
- NICB shareholders passed the resolution at a special general body meeting. It will now be approaching the RBI and Central Registrar of Societies for further action.
♦RBI raises short-term FPI debt investment limit to 30% from 20% to boost inflows
- In a move that could lead to higher foreign inflows, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has hiked the short-term investments by foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) from 20 per cent to 30 per cent of the total FPI investment in Central government securities (including Treasury Bills) or state development loans.
- Aimed: Giving a leg-up to bankruptcy proceedings, the central bank has exempted FPI debt investments in corporates undergoing insolvency resolution plan.
♦Government of India and the World Bank sign USD 210 million loan agreement for State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- The Government of India, the Government of Maharashtra and the World Bank on 24th January signed a loan agreement of USD 210 million
- Purpose: Support small holder farmers participate in competitive agriculture value chains, facilitate agri-business investments, increase market access and productivity in focus commodities, and build resilience of crops to recurrent floods or droughts in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
About: List of loan by World Bank
- $147 Million-Jharkhand
- $31.58 mn– Uttarakhand
- $ 400M– India Elimination of Tuberculosis(TB)
- $328M-Andra Pradesh
- $250 million-Develop Rajasthan’s Roads and Highways
- $287 Mn– Tamil Nadu
♦India won 7 medals in UWW Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series 2020 held in Rome, Italy
- The Indian wrestling team has clinched 7 medals (4 gold, 2 silver, and a bronze) in the 1st UWW (United World Wrestling) Matteo Pellicone Rome Ranking Series 2020 held from January 15 – 18, 2020 in the Italian Capital, Rome.
|Bajrang Punia||65kg freestyle||Gold|
|Ravi Kumar Dahiya||61kg freestyle||Gold|
|Gurpreet Singh||82kg -Greco-roman||Gold|
|Sajan Bhanwal||77 kg||Bronze|
♦24th January: National Girl Child Day
- This day is celebrated every year on January 24 across the country. Its objective is to provide maximum support and facilities to the girls of the country in every respect.
- It was initiated in 2008 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Government of India.
Note: List of Important Day (January)
- 1 January – Global Family Day
- 9 January – NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
- 12 January – National Youth Day
- 15 January – Indian Army Day
♦24th January: International Day of Education
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 24 January as International Day of Education, in celebration of the role of education for peace and development.
- Theme 2020:“Learning for people, planet, prosperity and peace”.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here