Daily GK Update, 24 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India to have 60% renewable energy by 2030: Power minister RK Singh
- India will have around 60 per cent of its installed electricity generation capacity from clean sources by 2030, Power and New & Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh said on 22nd July.
- The minister also exuded confidence that the renewable energy capacity would touch 510 GW by 2030, including 60 GW of hydro power.
- In September last year at the United Nations Climate Action Summit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced increasing the renewable energy target to 450 GW by 2030 from 175 GW by 2022.
Note: IMPORTANT INDIA’S TARGET
- 2024 : Indian railways 100% electrification
- 2030 : Indian railways Net Zero’ Carbon Emission
- 2030 : Green Railways
- 2030 : India plans 500 GW renewable energy
International (Current Affairs)
♦Turkmenistan gets observer status in World Trade Organization
- Turkmenistan has been granted Observer status (25th country) by the World Trade Organization (WTO ) General Council. Turkmenistan has become the last former Soviet republic to establish formal ties with the trade body.
- The Central Asian country filed a request for Observer status in May and expressed willingness to trigger the talks on accession to the WTO within five years.
Note: About WTO
- Director-General– Roberto Carvalho de Azevedo
- Members– 164 countries and 25 Observer nations
♦Nicaragua becomes 87th country to sign International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement
- Nicaragua has become the 87th country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement, an initiative led by India to promote sustainable energy.
- The agreement on behalf of the Central American country Nicaragua was signed by the Permanent Representative to the United Nations Jaime Hermida Castillo at the Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations in New York on 22, July 2020.
Note: About Nicaragua
- Capital: Managua
- Currency: Nicaraguan córdoba
♦Reliance breaks into top 50 most valued firms globally, ranks 48
- Reliance Industries Ltd has broken into the top 50 most valued companies globally after it became the first company with market capitalisation of over Rs 13 lakh crore.
- The oil-to-telecom conglomerate is ranked 48th in market cap globally.
- Saudi Aramco is the company with the highest market cap of USD 1.7 trillion, followed by Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and Alphabet.
♦Mukesh Ambani Now World’s Fifth Richest
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani is now the fifth richest person in the world, according to the Billionaires List by business magazine Forbes.
- The chairman of oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries surpassed ace American investor Warren Buffett to take the fifth spot on the real-time ranking by Forbes, which estimated Mr Ambani’s wealth at $75 billion (Rs 5.61 lakh crore at $1 = Rs 74.76).
- Mr Ambani is only next to Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, whose wealth is pegged at $89 billion.
Note: Top 4
- Jeff Bezos-$185.8 Billion
- Bill Gates-$113.1 Billion
- Bernard Arnault and family-$112 Billion
- Mark Zuckerberg-$89 Billion
♦China Launches Tianwen-1: China’s First Rover Mission to Mars
- China’s first fully homegrown Mars mission is on its way to the Red Planet. The Tianwen-1 mission launched atop a Long March 5 rocket from Hainan Island’s Wenchang Satellite Launch Center this morning (July 23).
- Tianwen-1 is especially striking given that it’s China’s first stab at a full-on Mars mission.
♦Alok Misra becomes new CEO & Director of MFIN
- Alok Misra, currently Professor & Chairperson of Public Policy & Governance at MDI Gurgaon, will be taking over as CEO of MFIN from 1st August 2020. Dr. Misra takes over from the present CEO, Harsh Shrivastava, who has decided to move on after over 2 years at MFIN.
♦23rd July: National Broadcasting Day 2020
- 23rd July of every year is observed as the National Broadcasting Day across India to commemorate the first ever radio broadcast aired in India on 23rd July 1927 from the Bombay Station of a private company, the Indian Broadcasting Company.
July Important Day
- July 1: Doctor’s Day & National Postal Worker Day
- 2nd July: World Sports Journalists Day 2020
- July 6: World Zoonoses Day
- 7th July: World Chocolate Day
- July 11: World Population Day
- July 15: World Youth Skills Day
- July 17: World Day for International Justice
- July 18: International Nelson Mandela Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here