Daily GK Update, 24 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦THE Young University Ranking 2020: Two Indian institutes in global top 100
- Times Higher Education (THE) has released the world’s young university ranking for the relatively newer generation of the universities. The THE has ranked those varsities which are 50 years old or younger. The 2020 ranking includes 414 universities, up from 351 in 2019. As many as two universities made it into the top 100 while none could cut through the 50 under 50 category.
- The young university ranking judges varieties on the basis of five parameters of teaching, research, international outlook and industrial output with the weightages 30 per cent to teaching, research and citation each and 7.5 per cent weighatge to international aspect and 2.5 to industry aspect.
|1||The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology|
|2||Nanyang Technological University, Singapore|
|3||Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL Research University, Paris|
♦HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Launches YUKTI 2.0 Platform For Innovators
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has launched a new programme, called Yukti 2.0, which is an online depository for innovative ideas aimed at fostering and promoting innovation among students and teachers . The portal, called Yukti 2.0, was initially promoted with the name Massive Indian Novelty Depository (MIND).
- Benefit: Help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in our higher education institutions.
♦Haryana govt and Reliance Jio TV agreement to educate 52 lakh students
- Haryana government and Reliance Jio TV have entered an agreement that is expected to benefit around 52 lakh school children in rural areas. This new agreement is done under the Chief Minister’s Distance Education Programme in order to expand education in rural areas without jeopardizing social distancing during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Benefit: The agreement will help students to watch all four channels of Eduset through television, laptop, desktop, tablet and smartphone.
♦Mumbai civic body on Mission Zero for 6 wards in city’s suburbs to curb Covid-19 cases
- Civic chief IS Chahal on 23rd June launched ‘Mission Zero’, as part of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s (BMC) rapid action plan to curb rising Covid-19 cases in the suburbs. He also inaugurated 50 ambulances given to BMC as part of a public-private partnership.
- Mission Zero is a 35-day action plan to increase surveillance in six suburban wards corresponding to areas of Mulund, Bhandup, Dahisar, Borivli, Kandivli, Malad and Dindoshi. It aims to reduce the growth rate of Covid-19 cases in these areas to around 1%- 1.7%, from the current 3%-3.7%.
♦Rajasthan govt to launch “Indira Rasoi Yojna”
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on 22nd June announced that his government will soon launch the “Indira Rasoi Yojna” for the poor to ensure that ‘‘no one sleeps hungry’‘ in the state.
- Aim: Under this scheme, pure and nutritious food on concessional rates will be provided to the needy twice a day,State government will spend Rs 100 crore every year on the Indira Rasoi Yojna (Indira Kitchen Scheme).
Note: About Rajasthan
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
♦Centre allocated Rs. 412.19 Crore for Telangana under Jal Jeevan Mission in 2020-21
- The Central minister stated that in 2019-20 Telangana was allocated ₹ 259.14 Crore and only ₹ 105.52 Crore could be released by Government of India as State was unable to avail second instalment due to non-reporting of physical progress and non-submission of proper expenditure plan.
- Central Government has increased the fund allocation to Telangana from ₹ 259.14 Crore to ₹ 412.19 Crore for the year 2020-21.
- State target will provide 100% tap connections to all rural households in the year 2020-21 itself and become the first State to achieve the feat.
Jal Jeevan MissionFunds allocated to State (2020-21)
- Bihar– 1,832 crores
- Assam –1407 crores
- Odisha- 812 crores
- Meghalaya- 175 crores
- Chattisgarh- 445 crores
- J & K- 680 crores
- Arunachal Pradesh- 255 crores
- Jharkhand: 572 cr.
- MP-1280 cr.
- Karnataka: Rs 1,189.40 Crore
- Tripura: Rs 156.61 Crore
- Maharashtra: Rs 1,829
International (Current Affairs)
♦China To Join UN Arms Trade Treaty To Enhance ‘peace And Stability’
- China has decided to join a global pact on regulations of arms sales showing its willingness to address the poorly regulated international arms trade after the United States pulled out last year. National People’s Congress, China’s top legislative body, voted to join the global treaty to regulate conventional arms sales at a time when the country has been cornered over its handling of pandemic and curbing of Hong Kong’s autonomy.
- During a legislative session on June 20, the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress agreed to join the treaty.
- What is the UN Arms Trade Treaty?: The Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) came into force on December 4, 2014. It is a multilateral treaty that regulates the international trade in conventional weapons with an aim of contributing to international and regional peace, responsible action by and among the states, promoting cooperation and transparency and reduce human suffering.
Note: About China
- Currency: Renminbi
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
♦Bill to Rename ‘Tonoshiro’ to ‘Tonoshiro Senkaku’ triggered tensions between Japan and China
- A group of Islands without inhabitants located at the South China Sea has been a point of disagreement between Japan and China since 1972. The island is known by the name Senkakus in Japan, while in the People’s Republic of China the Islands are known by the name Diaoyu.
- The island group is at present administered by the administrative authority of Ishigaki city of Japan’s Okinawa Prefecture. The islands are located in the southern part of Japan, the entire area under which the Senkaku Islands are located is known by the name Tonoshiro in Japan.
Banking and Financial
♦Cooperative banks to be brought under RBI supervision
- The Union Cabinet approved inclusion of co-operative banks under supervisory powers of the Reserve Bank of India, while announcing a Rs 1,542 crore year-long interest subvention scheme for micro loan borrowers.
- Among a number of decisions taken by the Cabinet on Wednesday, the government decided to put government banks, including 1,482 urban cooperative banks and 58 multi-state cooperative banks, under the supervisory powers of RBI, through an ordinance.
- RBI’s powers on scheduled banks will be hence applicable on co-operative banks as well.
♦India’s GDP to contract 3.1% in 2020: Moody’s
- Moody’s Investor Service further downgraded its growth forecast for India to -3.1% this calendar year compared to 0.2% in April.
- The June 2020 update of its Global Macro Outlook, released on 22nd June, expected a marginally stronger rebound at 6.9% in 2021, as opposed to 6.2% in the April update.
♦Karnataka Bank launches KBL Micro Mitra for micro enterprises
- Karnataka Bank has launched a new product KBL Micro Mitra, wherein financial assistance up to Rs.10 lakhs can be provided to the Micro manufacturing and service enterprises either for working capital or for investment purposes.
- The facility comes with a simplified procedure and competitive rate of interest.
♦IMF cuts India GDP forecast for FY21, contract by 4.5%
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) steeply slashed India’s growth outlook for the current fiscal year (2020-21) to a minus (-) 4.5 per cent from 1.9 expansion estimated in April owing to an extended Covid-19 lockdown and slower economic revival. This will be the lowest in several decades.
Note: India GDP projected FY21
- World Bank: (-3.2%)
- ADB- (-)4%
- RBI- (-)1.5%
- SBI- (-)6.8%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
♦India GDP could contract 5.3% due to coronavirus ‘disorder’: India Ratings
- India’s real gross domestic product in Financial Year 2020-21 could contract 5.3 per cent, said India Ratings and Research on 24th June as it flagged the “disorder” caused to the economy by Covid-19 and the nationwide lockdown to contain the disease.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here