Daily GK Update 24th September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Piyush Goyal Participated in G-20 Virtual Meeting of Trade & Investment Ministers
- Union Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister Shri Piyush Goyal on 22 September 2020 took part in the virtual meeting of the G-20 Trade and Investment Ministers.
- Making interventions during the meeting, he called upon G-20 to play a leadership role in crafting a pathway to recover from COVID19. India stands ready to engage constructively with all G-20 Members to push an agenda that is inclusive and development oriented.
- Shri Goyal announced that India is not in a position to accept the concept of Data Free Flow with Trust (DFFT).
♦Rajasthan govt’s launched “Moksh Kalash yojna 2020” for special free bus service
- The Ashok Gehlotled Rajasthan government has announced that the special free bus service, for people to go for immersion of ashes from Rajasthan to Uttarakhand (Haridwar).
- As per the Gehlot government’s free bus service, two people will be able to accompany each urn and they will have to register on the Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation portal, rsrtconline.rajasthan.gov.in.
Note: About Rajasthan
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
International (Current affairs)
♦Bougainville elects new president Ishmael Toroama as negotiations on independence
- Former rebel military commander Ishmael Toroama has been elected as president of Bougainville, an autonomous region of Papua New Guinea.
- The general election was the first since Bougainville voted overwhelmingly to separate from Papua New Guinea at the end of last year.
Note: About Bougainville
- Capital: Buka
- Currency: Papua New Guinean kina (PGK)
♦Nepal and India begin joint security patrol along border in Kapilvastu
- Security forces of Nepal and India have initiated a joint security patrol of the Nepal-India border in Kapilvastu district to control the spread of Covid-19 and check illegal cross-border activities.
- The local administration said security along the sealed border has been heightened in light of possible illegal cross-border movement and smuggling. A joint security patrol of Nepal Police and Armed Police Force of Nepal and Seema Suraksha Bal of India has begun from 26th September.
- The central committee of the Covid-19 Crisis Management Centre recently decided that it will continue to seal the Nepal-India border until November 14.
Banking & Financial
♦UNCTAD projects India’s GDP at -5.9% in 2020 & 3.9% for 2021
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has predicted that the GDP of India will contract by 5.9% in the year 2020.
- For the year 2021, UNCTAD projects the Indian economy to grow by 3.9%. The projection was made in its Trade and Development Report 2020. Global economy will contract by an estimated 4.3 per cent this year.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- ADB– (-)9%
- OECD- (-)10.2%
- SBI– (-)10%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 10.5%
- S&P- (-) 9%
- Care Rating: (-)8%
- FICCI: (-)4.5%
♦Colombian journalist Jineth Bedoya Lima to receive 2020 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize
- Colombian investigative journalist Jineth Bedoya Lima has been named as the laureate of the 2020 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize on the recommendation of an independent international jury of media professionals.
- Jineth Bedoya Lima’s reporting has focused on the armed conflict and peace process in Colombia and on sexual violence against women.
- Ms Bedoya Lima was herself a victim of sexual violence in 2000 when she was abducted and raped in connection with an investigation into arms trafficking she was conducting for daily newspaper El Espectador.
♦Acer India signs Sonu Sood as brand ambassador
- Personal computers brand Acer India has roped in actor Sonu Sood as its brand ambassador.
- The actor will be seen endorsing the brand’s innovative range of products across media platforms for a campaign to talk about Acer’s commitment to improving people’s lives through technology.
Note: List of Important brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador– Salman Khan
- Mastercard –M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
- ebikeGo: Harbhajan Singh
- Oakley’s: Rohit Sharma
- Bajaj Allianz: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Paytm First Games (PFG): Sachin Tendulkar
- Great Learning: Virat Kohli
♦India’s Khushi Chindaliya appointed as UNEP regional ambassador
- A 17-year-old girl, Khushi Chindaliya has been appointed as Regional Ambassador for India by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)- Tunza Eco-Generation.
- In her new role, Khusi will raise awareness about climate change and the importance of environmental conservation and the need to safeguard environmental treasures.
- She will work with the TEG on various environmental awareness programmes till February 2021.
♦RBI appoints AK Dixit as new administrator of PMC Bank
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed former Union Bank of India general manager AK Dixit as the new administrator of crisis-hit Punjab and Maharashtra Co operative (PMC) Bank with effect from September 23. The present administrator Jai Bhagwan Bhoria has stepped down on September 22 due to health reasons.
- Mumbai-based PMC Bank has been placed under directions of the RBI since September 23, 2019 after the central bank superseded the troubled lender’s board and appointed Jai Bhagwan Bhoria as the administrator of the bank. The directive is presently valid till December 22, 2020.
♦Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh will be first woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale
- Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh will be the first woman pilot to fly Rafale, India’s most modern multi-role fighter aircraft.
- It has been known for a while that the IAF is training a woman fighter pilot to fly the Rafale, which was inducted into the force at the Ambala base earlier this month, but her name has come to light only now.
- She has been undergoing conversion training — the course pilots undertake when they switch from flying one aircraft to another — since August.
List of India’s First Woman (Recently)
- First Female Flight Commander-Shalija Dhami
- First Woman Flight Engineer of Indian Air Force-Hina Jaiswal
- First Woman To Qualify To Go To Day Missions-Bhawana Kanth
- First Indian Woman Who Flew a Fighter aircraft Solo-Avani Chaturvedi
- First Woman Fighter Pilot to Undertake Missions by day on Hawk-Mohana Singh
- India’s First Female Military diplomat-Anjali Singh
- First Woman Pilot of Indian Navy-Shivangi
- World’s first female spacewalking-Christina Koch and Jessica Meir
- First time lead woman army officer Parade at Republic day– Tania Shergill
- First women Navy officers to be posted on Indian warship-Sub Lt Kumudini Tyagi and Sub Lt Riti Singh
- First female match referee by icc-GS Lakshmi
♦Last week of September on Thursday: World Maritime Day 2020
- World Maritime Day is observed on the last week of September on Thursday annually. The event’s date varies by year and country, this year World Maritime Day will be celebrated on September 24, 2020.
- World Maritime Day is celebrated every year to focus on the importance of safety, maritime security, and marine environment and to emphasise a particular aspect of the International Maritime Organisation’s work.
- Theme 2020: “Sustainable shipping for a sustainable planet”
♦Former Australia cricketer and renowned commentator Dean Jones passes away at 59
- Former Australia cricketer and renowned commentator Dean Jones passed away on 24th September following a massive cardiac arrest in Mumbai. He was 59.
- A batsman during his playing days, Jones played 52 Tests and 164 ODIs for Australia between 1984 and 1994 before venturing into commentary.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here