Daily GK Update, 25 & 26 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Dr. Harsh Vardhan represents India at SCO Health Ministers Digital Meet
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, virtually participated in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Health Minister’s Digital Meet on 24th July. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Mikhail Murashko, Minister of Health of the Russian Federation.
- The Ministers discussed the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, as it was the key topic of discussion.
♦India-European Union sign Agreement on Scientific and Technological Cooperation
- India and European Union have renewed its Agreement on Scientific and Technological Cooperation for the next five years (2020-2025). This has been done by exchange of Note Verbale between two sides. The Agreement was initially signed in on 23 November 2001 and renewed two times in past in 2007 and 2015.
- The cooperation has been focused on water, green transport, e-mobility, clean energy, circular economy, bio-economy, health, and ICT.
- Additional areas, such as climate change, sustainable urban development, manufacturing, advanced materials, nanotechnologies and biotechnology, food processing, and ocean research may also be considered in future endeavours.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ADB and GCF Commit to Partnership to Boost Green Recovery from COVID-19
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Green Climate Fund (GCF) have agreed to partner toward a “green recovery” for members confronting the harsh economic impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Aim: Under Strategy 2030, ADB will ensure that 75% of its committed projects will support climate change mitigation and adaptation by 2030. Climate finance from ADB’s own resources will reach $80 billion cumulatively from 2019 to 2030. In 2019, ADB committed more than $6.5 billion in climate financing. Concessional financing from partners will also be crucial for helping ADB’s members meet their climate goals.
- GCF has approved total funding of $473 million for 10 ADB projects
♦ANASIS II: First-ever military satellite of South Korea
- South Korea recently launched its first ever military satellite to defend itself against nuclear armed North Korea. The satellite has been named “ANASIS II”.
- The launch of ANASIS II has made South Korea the 10 country in the world to have its own military communication satellite. The satellite will help to increase South Korean military independent operational capabilities.
Note: About South Korea
- President: Moon Jae-in
- Capital: Seoul
- Currency: South Korean won
♦India-Sri Lanka: RBI extends 400 million USD of Currency Swap
- The Reserve Bank of India in a significant move has signed necessary documents for extending $ 400 million currency swap facility to the Central Bank of Sri Lanka. This currency swap arrangement will remain available till November 2022 will help Colombo address the economic hardships caused due by pandemic.
- During the telephone conversation between PM Narendra Modi and President of Sri Lanka, Gotabaya Rajapaksa on 23 May, the President sought assistance of India for currency swap of $ 400 million under SAARC arrangements and an additional $ 1.1 billion currency swap, bilaterally.
Banking and Financial
♦RBI Releases Report of Committee For Analysis of QR Code headed by Deepak B Phatak
- The Reserve Bank of India has placed on its website the ‘Report of the Committee for Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’. The Committee was constituted by RBI on December 23, 2019 under the Chairmanship of Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak (Professor Emeritus, IIT-Bombay) to review the prevalent system of QR Codes in India for facilitating digital payments and submit recommendations.
- The report has recommended making QR codes more interoperable. QR code is used to pay utility bills, fuel, grocery, food, travel, and several other categories.
♦Amazon Pay joins hands with Acko to offer general insurance
- Amazon Pay, the payments arm of e-commerce giant Amazon India, has partnered Acko General Insurance Ltd to offer insurance for two- as well as four-wheelers.
- Customers can get a quote for their cars or two-wheelers on Amazon Pay by providing basic details. They can also select from a list of add-ons such as zero-depreciation, engine protection and more.
♦India’s GDP to contract 7.5% in the FY 21: HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank forecast a deeper contraction of -7.5% for growth in the current fiscal, down from -4.8% it expected in May, as Covid-19 cases surged in non-metro areas, forcing states and local governments to re-impose lockdowns in July.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- RBI- (-)1.5%
- SBI- (-)6.8%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
♦Mr. Partha Pratim Sengupta appointed as MD and CEO of IOB
- The Indian Government has taken decision to appoint Partha Pratim Sengupta as Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB).
- He will take place of Karnam Sekar who got retired from post on 30rd June 2020. Mr Partha Pratim Sengupta will continue to serve as MD and CEO till 31st December 2022.
List of CEO Other Bank
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel
♦Haryana To Host 4th Edition Of Khelo India Youth Games In 2021
- Haryana will host the fourth edition of the Khelo India Youth Games after the 2021 Tokyo Olympics, the state’s chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar and union sports minister Kiren Rijiju announced on 25th July. The Games will be held in Panchkula. The announcement was made via video conference.
Note: List of Khelo India Youth Games
- 1st Edition (2018): Delhi
- 2nd Edition (2019): Pune, Maharashtra
- 3rd Edition (2020): Guwahati, Assam
♦26th July: 21st Kargil Vijay Diwas
- On July 26, 1999, the Indian Army had announced the successful culmination of “Operation Vijay”, declaring victory after the nearly three-month-long battles in the icy heights of Kargil.
- The country lost more than 500 soldiers in the war.
Revision July Important Day
- July 1: Doctor’s Day & National Postal Worker Day
- 2nd July: World Sports Journalists Day 2020
- July 6: World Zoonoses Day
- 7th July: World Chocolate Day
- July 11: World Population Day
- July 15: World Youth Skills Day
- July 17: World Day for International Justice
- July 18: International Nelson Mandela Day
- 23rd July: National Broadcasting Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here