Daily GK Update, 25 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company starts Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women empowerment in MP
- In Madhya Pradesh, the Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company has started the Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme for women empowerment in one of its kind of initiatives. In this scheme, women Self-Help Groups at Gram Panchayat level will work as Nishtha Vidyut Mitra.
- Aims: This scheme will increase the revenue collection of the company as well as women will also earn extra. Under the Nishtha Vidyut Mitra scheme, women Self-Help Groups will motivate consumers to pay bills online or through the UPAY App, redress of various complaints of consumers like faulty meters and provide new connections through online processes. Apart from this, they will also help the company to provide information about the electricity theft and illegal use of electricity.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
♦ Himachal’s panchayati raj dept wins first prize
- THE HIMACHAL Pradesh panchayati raj department has won first prize under the e-Panchayat Puraskars-2020, to be given by the Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said on 24th June.
- Reason: The state has been selected for the award for effective implementation of the e-application developed by the central government and other applications developed by the state government. 3,226 panchayats in the state have been provided with internet facility, with the help of which people can access various services online.
Note: About Himachal Pradesh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief minister: Jai Ram Thakur
♦ Cabinet approves declaration of Kushinagar airport in UP as international airport
- The Union Cabinet 24th June approved the declaration of the airport in Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar as an international airport, stating it will offer improved connectivity to the important Buddhist pilgrimage site.
- “You know that Kushinagar is the mid-point of the Buddhist circuit. It has pilgrimage sites in Lumbini, Shravasti, Kapilvastu nearby it. A little farther, it has sites in Sarnath and Gaya.
♦ Devika and Puneja bridges inaugurated in Jammu and Kashmir
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Jitendra Singh inaugurated Devika and Puneja bridges in Udhampur and Doda districts, Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Devika bridge is 10 mtr long and will help decongest traffic and see developmental needs of the Udhampur town area. The bridge will also help in smooth passage of Army convoys and vehicles.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ World’s First Yoga University, Named After Vivekananda, Launched Outside India
- 6th International Yoga Day commemorations, the world’s first yoga university outside India has been launched in Los Angeles, offering programmes that combine scientific principles and modern research approaches to the ancient Indian practice of yoga.
- The Vivekananda Yoga University (VaYU) was jointly launched on 23rd June by Minister of State for External Affairs V Muraleedharan and Chairperson of the Standing Committee on External Affairs P P Chaudhary during a virtual event held at the Consulate General of India in New York.
Banking and Financial
♦ Adani Power to acquire US-based AES’ 49% stake in Odisha Power for Rs 1,019cr
- Adani Power will purchase a 49 percent equity stake in Odisha Power Generation Corporation (OPGC) for $135 million (around Rs 1,019 crore) from US-based The AES Corporation’s, the company announced on June 23.
- The Odisha government holds the balance 51 percent stake in OPGC.
- Adani Power, a subsidiary of Adani Group, will acquire a total of 89,30,237 equity shares held in OPGC representing 49 percent of the total issued, paid-up and subscribed equity share capital.
♦ Govt to provide 2% interest subsidy to ‘Shishu’ borrowers under Mudra Yojna
- The government on 24th June decided to provide 2% interest subvention to borrowers under the ‘Shishu’ category of the flagship Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY).
- Under the Shishu category, collateral free loans of up to ₹50,000 are given to beneficiaries.
- The Union Cabinet approved the scheme for interest subvention of 2 per cent to Shishu loan category borrowers under PMMY, outstanding as on March 31, 2020, for a period of 12 months to eligible borrowers.
- The PMMY was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 8, 2015 for providing loans up to 10 lakh to non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises. These loans are classified as MUDRA loans under PMMY. These loans are given by commercial banks, RRBs, small finance banks, MFIs and NBFCs.
About: Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
- Shishu loan: Shishu loans under the Mudra scheme allow entrepreneurs on the threshold of starting a business to borrow up to Rs. 50,000.
- Kishore loan: Kishore loans range from Rs. 50,001 to Rs. 5,00,000.
- Tarun loan: Tarun loans under the PMMY scheme range from Rs. 5,00,001 to Rs 10,00,000.
♦ Folk artist Gulabbai Sangamnerkar and Annasaheb Kirloskar to get lifetime honour
- Maharashtra Culture Minister Amit Deshmukh announced that Vithabai Narayangaokar lifetime achievement award 2018-19 will be conferred upon the senior tamasha (folk art) artist, Gulabbai Sangamnerkar and Sangeetacharya Annasaheb Kirloskar musical theatre lifetime achievement award will be given to Veteran theatre actress-singer Madhuvanti Dandekar.
- The award for 2018-19is being conferred upon Gulabbai Sangamnerkar. The award carries the cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, a citation and a memento.
♦ India’s NTPC wins PMC job for 500-MW solar project in Mali
- Indian power producer NTPC Ltd has won a project management consultancy (PMC) contract for the development of a 500-MW solar park in the Republic of Mali.
- The award was made at an event held on June 24, NTPC said in a statement, without giving more details about the project.
- At present, NTPC has 62,110 MW of installed capacity and has an objective to become a 130 GW company by 2032.
Note: About Mali
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc
♦ Dope-cleared Sanjita Chanu to finally get Arjuna award for 2018
- Cleared of the dope taint, two-time Commonwealth Games gold-winning weightlifter Sanjita Chanu will finally get the coveted Arjuna award which has been on hold since 2018.
- A Sports Ministry source confirmed that Chanu will be conferred with the Arjuna award as per a 2018 Delhi High Court order, which directed the selection committee to consider her and keep the decision in a sealed cover to be disclosed only if she was absolved of the doping charges.
♦ Cricketer Clare Connor to be first female MCC president in 233 years
- Former England women’s captain Clare Connor is to become the first female president of Marylebone Cricket Club in its 233-year history.
- Current incumbent Kumar Sangakkara, the first non-British MCC president, nominated Connor via video link from his native Sri Lanka during an annual general meeting on 24th June.
- Connor, now the England and Wales Cricket Board’s head of women’s cricket, is set to take up her new post on October 1, 2021, subject to the membership’s approval.
Note: About MCC
- Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom
- Founder: Thomas Lord
- Founded: 1787
♦ 25th June: Day of the Seafarer 2020
- The Day of the Seafarer is celebrated each year on June 25. On this day, people pay respect to Seafarers and sailors who help the entire world function by conducting sea transport. Even now, global trade still depends on ocean transport, which is why Seafarers and sailors are essential to the functioning of the world.
- Day of the Seafarer celebration was first started in 2010 by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June- World Blood Donor Day
- 15 June- World Wind Day & World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 16 June- Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev
- 17 June- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (International)
- 18 June- Autistic Pride Day and International Picnic Day
- 19 June- World Sickle Cell Awareness Day and World Sauntering Day
- 20 June- World Refugee Day (International)
- 21 June- World Music Day, World Hydrography Day, International Yoga Day
- 23 June- International Olympic Day , United Nations Public Service Day and International Widow’s Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|