Daily GK Update: 25 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Chhattisgarh to observe May 25 as Jhiram tribute day
- The Chhattisgarh government will observe May 25 as ‘Jhiram Shraddhanjali Diwas’ to pay tribute to Congress leaders who were killed in a Maoist attack in Bastar district on this day in 2013 as well as other victims of Naxal violence.
Note: About Chhattisgarh
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Capitals: Raipur
Banking and Financial
♦Maruti Suzuki ties-up with Cholamandalam Investment & Finance to launch ‘Buy Now Pay Later’ offer
- The country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on 22nd May announced partnership with Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company Ltd to provide customised auto retail financing solutions to retail buyers.
- The new solution ‘Buy-Now-Pay-Later Offer’ is aimed to provide customers with easy financing options, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI).
- Under the partnership, the companies are also offering a two-month deferment of Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) to car customers who currently are under resource crunch amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
♦RITES signs pact to acquire 24% stake in Indian Railway Station Development
- State-owned RITES Ltd on 22nd May has signed an agreement to buy 24% stake in Indian Railway Station Development Corp. Ltd, (IRSDC), the company tasked with redeveloping railway stations across the country.
- “During the lockdown RITES continued to focus on key business deals like exports to Africa, signing of IRSDC shareholders’ agreement etc.
Note: About RITES
RITES Limited is an engineering consultancy company, specializing in the field of transport infrastructure. Established in 1974 by the Government of India, the company’s initial charter was to provide consultancy services in rail transport management to operators in India and abroad.
♦Naomi Osaka becomes world’s highest-paid female athlete
- Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka has become the highest paid female athlete in the world, topping American great Serena Williams.
- According to the Forbes magazine, Osaka earned $37.4 million in the last 12 months from prize money and endorsements, $1.4 million more than Williams, setting an all-time earnings record for a female athlete in a single year. Maria Sharapova previously held the record with $29.7 million in 2015.
♦High-level panel formed to recommend reforms in India’s drug regulatory system chaired by Rajesh Bhushan
- A high-level committee of experts has been formed by the government to recommend reforms in India’s drug regulatory system so that approval processes can be fast-tracked.
- Faced with the ominous threat of the coronavirus infection, a number of steps such as fast-tracking the approval process for drugs, research and vaccine development were taken.
- The committee chaired by Rajesh Bhushan, the OSD to the Union health minister, comprises top drug and vaccine entrepreneurs of India along with officers nominated from the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Department of Biotechnology, Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission, Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance, ICMR along with public health expert from AIIMS.
♦Abhas Jha has been appointed by the World Bank to a key position on climate change and disaster management in South Asia
- Jha will help the South Asia region (SAR) Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change team to connect and collaborate across Global Practice boundaries.
- He will also guide the World Bank to conceive and deliver innovative and high-quality development solutions to respond to client demands and strengthen disaster risk management and climate action in the region.
- He will work with other Global Leads, Practice Managers, and Global Solutions Groups to incubate, pilot and scale-up innovative and high-quality development solutions, and to promote the generation and flow of global knowledge to serve the affected countries.
♦25th May: International Missing Children’s Day 2020
- International Missing Children’s Day is celebrated on May 25, 2020. International Missing Children’s Day is celebrated on May 25, the same day as the United States’ National Missing Children’s Day designated by Ronald Reagan in 1983.
- A missing child is a child who has disappeared and whose status as alive or dead cannot be confirmed as their location and fate is not known. A person may be missing due to their own decision, accident, crime, death in a location where they cannot be found (such as at sea), or many other reasons.
Note: Revision Important Day (May)
- 20th May: World Bee Day 2020 (Theme 2020:Engage Bee)
- 20th May: World Metrology Day (Theme 2020: Measurements for global trade)
- 21st May: National Anti Terrorism Day 2020 (death anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi)
- 21st May: International Tea Day 2020
- 21st May: World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
♦Hockey legend Balbir Singh Sr passed away at 96
- Balbir Singh Sr., a three-time Olympic-medal winning hockey legend passed away on May 25.
- Balbir Singh Sr. was conferred with the Padma Shri award in 1957. The hockey legend was also the manager of India’s only world cup winning side in 1975.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here