Table of Contents
Daily GK Update 25 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Ravi Shankar Prasad launches International version of UMANG App
- Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the UMANG mobile app International version in coordination with Ministry of External Affairs for select countries that include USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- The Union Minister also launched an e-Book which presents major milestones of UMANG and major services available on UMANG App classified into various categories.
- Benefit: It will help Indian international students, NRIs and Indian tourists abroad, to avail Government of India services, anytime. It will also help in taking India to the world through ‘Indian Culture’ services available on UMANG and create interest amongst foreign tourists to visit India.
♦Haveri Railway Station Renamed Mahadevappa Mailara Railway Station
- The Karnataka government has issued a notification, renaming Haveri Railway station as Mahadevappa Mailara Railway Station.
- It has been a long-standing demand of the public and representatives from Haveri District to name the Haveri station after Mahadevappa Mailara, a freedom fighter from the district.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Ministry of Shipping: Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
- Agartala Airport- Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
- Gwalior-Chambal Expressway -Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
- Manduadih Station: ‘Banaras’ Station
- Hubli Railway Station: Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
♦AP Govt launches “Abhayam” project for safety & security of women passengers
- Andhra Pradesh government has taken another significant step in safeguarding women and children travelling by local transport across the state. Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy virtually launched the app at the camp office, Tadepalli.
- Abhayam project is a state-based IoT project that has been sanctioned by the Government of India under the Nirbhaya scheme. The application helps passengers travel around the city safely and securely, the vehicles are attached with IoT devices to track its movement and make sure no illicit acts take place.
Note: About AP
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦Tamil Nadu CM launches ‘Thee’ app
- Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami on 24th Nov launched ‘Thee’, a mobile phone-based application for the benefit of the general public to reach out to the Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services when in need.
- Benefit: The application has been designed to help the general public in case of fire accidents, floods, mishaps in deep wells, rescue of wildlife, chemical or gas leaks, among other accidents. Arrangements have been made to facilitate people in need getting help within 10 seconds of their using the app.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
♦West Bengal launched ‘Karmai Dharma’ scheme
- West bengal launched the ‘Karmai Dharma’ (Work is worship) scheme under which two lakh youths will be provided with one motorbike each with assistance from cooperative banks.
- ‘There will be boxes on the back of the bikes (for carrying items to be sold). Youths will be able to sell sarees, or clothes or any other articles. This initiative will help them run a family.
♦Ayodhya airport Renamed Lord Ram
- The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet on 24th Nov approved a proposal to name the upcoming airport in Ayodhya the Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
- The land acquisition process for the airport in Ayodhya is currently underway. The Uttar Pradesh government is engaged in the development of Ayodhya and its promotion as a global religious tourism site. The government is also in the process of hiring a global consultant for the overall development of Ayodhya—infrastructure, conservation, tourism, etc.
Banking & Financial
♦Ministry of Food Processing approves Rs 234.68 crores of projects for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
- The Union Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar approved food processing projects of Rs 234.68 crores on November 24, 2020. Around seven proposals received under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana were approved. The proposals were sent under the Scheme for Creation of Infrastructure for Agro Processing Cluster of PMKSY.
- About National Food Processing Policy: The policy was released in 2019. It aims to develop food processing sector and address critical gaps hampering its growth. The policy aims to increase the investment in the food processing sector by six times by 2035.
♦Cabinet approves DBS takeover of Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Cabinet approval, DBS Group Holdings — Singapore’s biggest bank — will take over Lakshmi Vilas Bank in a deal pushed by the RBI. This also marks the first instance when India has turned to a foreign entity to bail out a struggling domestic bank.
- Under the deal, DBS got 563 branches, 974 ATMs and a $1.6 billion franchise in retail liabilities.
♦New Zealand Cricket chief Greg Barclay elected as ICC’s new Independent Chairman
- New Zealand Cricket (NZC) head Greg Barclay has been elected as the ICC’s new Independent Chairman after he comfortably defeated Singapore’s Imran Khwaja to succeed India’s Shashank Manohar. The voting was carried out during ICC’s annual quarterly meeting on 24th Nov.
- Barclay was a director of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2015.
Note: About ICC
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Founded: 15 June 1909
♦DRDO launches first Varunastra, a heavy weight Torpedo
- The Defence Research Development Organization recently flagged off the first Varunastra, the heavy weight torpedo. The torpedo was designed and developed by the BDL, Vishakhapatnam Unit of Indian Navy.
- About Varunastra: It is a ship launched electrically propelled heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo that is capable of targeting quiet submarines. It can be deployed in both shallow and deep-water environment. Varunastra is the first heavy weight torpedo of India.
♦India test fires Brahmos supersonic Cruise Missiles successfully
- India successfully test fired the land attack version of Brahmos supersonic missile. It was test fired in Andaman and Nicobar Islands on November 24, 2020, . The range of the missile has been extended to 400 km from 290 km. Its speed has been increased to 2.8 Mach which is almost three times the speed of sound.
- About Brahmos missile: The missile can be launched from ships, submarines, aircraft and from land platforms. Brahmos was a joint venture of DRDO and Russia. It was developed based on the Russian P-800 Oniks Cruise missile. The name of Brahmos missile was coined from the two rivers Brahmaputra of India and Moskva of Russia.
Launch Missile with range by DRDO IN NEWS 2020
- “Prithvi II”-350 Km
- “K-4 nuclear”-3500Km
♦November 25-International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on November 25 every year across the globe.
- This year’s International Day will mark the launch of 16 days of activism that will conclude on 10 December 2020, which is International Human Rights Day. Several public events are being coordinated for this year’s International Day. Iconic buildings and landmarks will be organised to recall the need for a violence-free future.
- Theme 2020: “Orange the World: Fund, Respond, Prevent, Collect!”
♦Senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel passes away
- Senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel, one of Sonia Gandhi’s closest political advisers, died at a Gurgaon hospital this morning. He was 71. The veteran politician had been at Medanta Hospital since his health worsened after a Covid infection.
- Ahmed Patel is the second senior Congress leader to have died due to Covid-related complications, as his death comes two days after former Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi died in Guwahati.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|