Daily GK Update 26 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Niti Aayog Task Force headed by Ramesh Chand Recommends Linking of Sugarcane Prices to Sugar Rate
- The final report of the NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog Task Force headed by Ramesh Chand, Niti Aayog Member(Agriculture), “Sugarcane and Sugar Industry” recommended linking of Sugarcane prices to sugar rate to maintain the financial state and stability of the industry and to clear the arrears of the sugarcane farmers.
- This report of the task force was finalized in March 2020 and published on August 20.
♦Kerala’s 1st-ever Dragonfly Festival
- WWF-India Kerala State Office is joining hands with the Society for Odonate Studies (SOS) and Thumbipuranam for the first-ever state Dragonfly Festival in Kerala, christened ‘Thumbi Maholsavam 2020’.
- This is part of the National Dragonfly Festival organised by WWF India, Bombay Natural History Society and Indian Dragonfly Society in association with National Biodiversity Board, UN Environmental Programme, UN Development Programme and IUCN-CEC.
Note: About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram.
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.
♦TN women top the list of MUDRA loan scheme beneficiaries
- According to the data Tamil Nadu topped the list in availing loans to women. It was followed by West Bengal and Karnataka.
- The loans provided by other states are as follows
- Tamil Nadu: Rs 58,227 crores.
- West Bengal: Rs 55,232 crores
- Karnataka: Rs 47,714 crores
- Bihar: Rs 44,879
- Maharashtra: Rs 42,000 crores
- All the above states have received 52% of MUDRA loans for women. The loans were availed to activities allied to agriculture, services, trading, processing, manufacturing, etc.
- Of the total number of loans provided under MUDRA scheme, 70% borrowers were women.
International (Current Affairs)
♦WHO declares Africa free of Wild Polio
- World Health Organisation declared Africa polio-free. The disease is now found only in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Nigeria is the last African country to be declared free from wild polio. More than 95% of Africa population have now been immunised. This was the major condition set by the Regional Certification Commission to declare Africa polio free.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
Banking and Financial
♦ICICI Bank Becomes Bank announces use of satellite data to assess credit worthiness of farmers
- ICICI Bank has introduced the use of satellite data to assess credit worthiness of its customers employed in the farm sector.
- The bank will be using imagery sent by Earth observation satellites to measure an array of parameters related to the land, irrigation and crop patterns.
- The satellite data with demographic and financial details, provides strong information on the land asset of the farmers.
♦Nabard launches credit guarantee programme for NBFC-MFIs
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) on 24th August said it has introduced a dedicated debt and credit guarantee product to ensure unhindered flow of credit in rural areas hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The product- Structured Finance and Partial Guarantee Programme to NBFC-MFIs -entails providing partial guarantee on pooled loans extended to small and mid-sized micro finance institutions (MFIs).
- It will help in facilitating Rs 2,500 crore funding in the initial phase which is expected to be scaled up in the future. The program is targeting to cover over 1 million households across 28 States and 650 districts.
Note: About NABARD
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Govinda Rajulu Chintala
- Founded: 12 July 1982
♦SBI Mutual Fund appoints Vinay Tonse as MD and CEO
- The country’s largest fund house — SBI Mutual Fund (MF) — has appointed Vinay Tonse (pictured) its managing director and chief executive officer, after Ashwani Bhatia moved to State Bank of India (SBI) to takeover the reins of the bank.
- Tonse was serving as chief general manager of the Chennai circle in SBI and was heading SBI’s business & operations in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
Note: About SBI Mutual Fund
- Founded: June 1987
- Sponsor: State Bank of India
- Headquarters: Mumbai
♦Former IOC Chairman Sanjiv Singh joins Reliance as Group President
- Former Indian Oil Corp (IOC) chairman Sanjiv Singh has joined Reliance Industries Ltd as Group President for billionaire Mukesh Ambani-run firm’s oil-to-chemicals business.
- RIL’s O2C business consists of the group’s twin oil refineries at Jamnagar in Gujarat, petrochemical plants, 51 per cent of fuel retail and aviation fuel venture, and bulk wholesale marketing businesses.
♦England’s James Anderson becomes first fast bowler to take 600 Test wickets
- England’s James Anderson has become the first fast bowler to reach 600 Test wickets. The 38-year-old achieved the milestone by having Azhar Ali caught at first slip on the fifth day of the final Test against Pakistan at the Ageas Bowl.
- Anderson, who made his Test debut in 2003 against Zimbabwe. He is fourth on the all-time list of Test wicket-takers, behind spinners Muttiah Muralitharan, Shane Warne and Anil Kumble.
Note: List of Top wickets taker in test match
- Muralitharan-800 wickets
- Shane Warne-708 wickets
- Anil Kumble-619 wickets
♦26th August: Women’s Equality Day 2020
- It is observed on 26 August to mark women’s advancements toward equality with men. On this day in 1920, the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution was adopted.
- Several women’s organisations celebrate this day all over the country and work hard to provide equal opportunities to women in education and employment.
Revision: August Important Day
- 1 August-National Mountain Climbing Day and Yorkshire Day
- 2 August (First Sunday of August)- Friendship Day
- 4 August- U.S. Coast Guard Day
- 6 August- Hiroshima Day
- 8 August- Quit India Movement Day
- 9 August- Nagasaki Day
- 9 August- International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- 9th August: World Tribal Day
- 12 August- International Youth Day
- 13 August- International Lefthanders Day
- 15 August- Independence Day in India
- 15 August- Day of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
- 19 August- World Photography Day
- 19 August- World Humanitarian Day
- 20 August- World Mosquito Day
- 20 August- Sadbhavna Diwas
- 20 August- Indian Akshay Urja Day
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)
|Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here