Daily GK Update : 26 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India celebrates 71st Republic Day
- India marked its 71st Republic Day on 26th January 2020 with a parade showcasing some of its newly acquired capabilities and military hardware, both homegrown and like the anti-satellite missile as well as bought from abroad like US made heavy lift Chinook and the anti-tank attack Apache helicopters.
- The ceremony that lasted one and a half hours, was witnessed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the chief guest of this year’s parade, Brazilian president Jair Messias Bolsonaro as President of India, Ram Nath Kovind took the salute.
♦India, Brazil ink 15 pacts
- India and Brazil on 25th January inked 15 agreements to ramp up cooperation in a wide range of areas and unveiled an action plan to further broadbase strategic ties after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Brazilian President Jair Messias Bolsonaro.
- The 15 agreements will provide for cooperation in a wide range of areas including oil and gas, mineral resources, traditional medicine, animal husbandry, bioenergy and trade and investment, defence and security, trade and commerce, agriculture, civil aviation, energy, environment, health and innovation and vowed to work together to conclude an agreement to deal with international terrorism.
Note: About Brazil
- President: Jair Bolsonaro
- Capital: Brasilia
- Currency: Brazilian real
Banking and Financial
♦Airtel Joins Hands with Western Union to Accelerate Real-time Global Payments
- Bharti Airtel giant recently associated with the major money transfer brand Western Union to launch real-time payments into bank accounts in India and mobile wallets across Africa.
- “The Partnership on the two flagship ideas with Western Union in India and Africa portrays Airtel’s desire to shift the quality of lives of millions of people across emerging and developing markets, providing connectivity and digital empowerment.
♦List of Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushans and Padma Shri 2020
- This year 2020 the President has approved conferment of 141 Padma Awards including 4 duo cases (in a duo case, the award is counted as one). The list comprises 7 Padma Vibhushans, 16 Padma Bhushans and 118 Padma Shris.
♦CEC Sunil Arora takes over as new chairman of FEMBoSA
- Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora on 24th January took over as the new Chairman of the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) for the year 2020 at the annual meeting of the poll management bodies of Saarc countries. According to a release from the poll panel, Arora took over from outgoing Chair K.M. Nurul Huda of Bangladesh during the 10th meeting of FEMBoSA.
- Note: About FEMBoSA
- Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) was established at the 3rd Conference of Heads of Election Management Bodies(EMBs) of SAARC Countries in 2012.
- The forum aims to increase mutual cooperation in respect to the common interests of the SAARC’s EMBs.
- Besides ECI, the other seven members of the forum are EMBs from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
♦Rowing Federation of India lifts Dattu Bhokanal ban
- Dattu Bhokanal’s two-year suspension on charges of tanking a race during the 2018 Asian Games was on 23rd January lifted by the Rowing Federation of India (RFI), after the intervention of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president Narinder Batra.
- Bhokanal was a member of the Indian quartet that won a gold medal in the men’s quadruple sculls event in the Asian Games.
♦25th January: National Voters’ Day
- The Day is celebrated on 25th January every year since 2011. It is celebrated at over ten lakh locations across the country including polling stations, district and state headquarters, to mark the Foundation day of Election Commission of India, which was established on 25th January 1950.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will be the Chief Guest at the 10th National Voters’ Day function.
- Theme 2020: ”Electoral Literacy for Stronger Democracy”.
- Note: List of Important Day (January)
- 1 January – Global Family Day
- 9 January – NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
- 12 January – National Youth Day
- 15 January – Indian Army Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here