Daily GK Update, 26 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport becomes 1st in India with this new tech at both ends of runway
- Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport gets Aviation Weather Monitoring System! For the first time in India, an Aviation Weather Monitoring System has been installed at the Bangalore airport at both ends of the runway. Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL), which operates Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru (BLR Airport) at its new runway has recently installed an indigenously-developed Aviation Weather Monitoring System (AWMS). According to a statement released by BIAL, it is the first airport in India to have this technology installed at both ends of the runway.
- The Aviation Weather Monitoring System has been developed by Bengaluru-based CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL).
♦AP govt. launches YSR Kapu Nestham scheme, to provide Rs 15,000 for eligible women
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on 25th June launched ‘YSR Kapu Nestham’ at his camp office for the welfare of the women from Kapu community.
- Aim: Under the scheme, the government will provide Rs 15,000 per year for all the eligible women aged between 45 and 60 years for a period of five years.
- Around 2.36 lakh women will benefit through the scheme in the first year and the amount will be credited in the bank accounts. The government allocated Rs 354 crore for the scheme in the first year.
Note: About AP
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- CM: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦Tripura gov launches Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar Scheme to Provide Nutrition Kits to Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Tripura govt on 24th June announced Mukhyamantri Matru Pushti Uphaar, an ambitious scheme to provide nutrition kits to pregnant and lactating women.
- Aim: Pregnant women would be tested four times in nearby Primary Health Centers (PHC), and be given a nutrition kit after each test as per the Matru Pushti Uphaar scheme.
- The kit, costing Rs500, would have food items and grocery supplies, such as peanuts, soyabeans, mixed pulses, jaggery and ghee. As many as 40,000 women will benefit annually under the scheme.
Note: About Tripura
- Capital: Agartala
- Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Governor: Ramesh Bais
♦Health minister Harsh Vardhan launches mobile app ‘eBloodServices’ to order blood
- Union health minister Harsh Vardhan launched the ‘eBloodServices’ App in partnership with the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS), for easy access to blood in this critical time of coronavirus pandemic. The app is developed by the ERaktkosh team and will bring ‘transparency’ in the blood donation program.
- Benefit: Through this app, the availability of blood will be visible right in your phone. Once an order has been placed then the blood bank will keep the request active for 12 hours. The app has the facility of placing an order for up to four units of blood in one go.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Pakistan to remain on FATF’s ‘grey list’; fails to check terror funding
- Pakistan received another extension on the “greylist”, as the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) plenary session on 24th June decided to continue all countries under scrutiny for Terror Financing and Money Laundering until October 2020.
- However, Islamabad faced setbacks on other fronts, with the United States slamming its record on terrorism, including its failure to act against groups like the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), and received a U.S. veto against its joint effort with China to list an Indian engineer on the UN Security Council (UNSC)’s 1267 list.
- Pakistan was due for a decision on whether it would be kept on the “greylist” or downgraded to the blacklist for failing to meet the finance watchdog’s 27-point action plan on countering terror financing and anti-money laundering (CFT/AML) measures.
Note: About FATF
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- President: Xiangmin Liu
- Membership: 39
- Founded: 1989
♦Indians’ Money In Swiss Banks Down 6% At Rs 6,625 Crore In 2019
- Funds parked by Indian individuals and enterprises in Swiss banks, including through India-based branches, fell nearly 6 per cent in 2019 to 899 million Swiss francs (Rs 6,625 crore), annual data from Switzerland’s central bank showed on 25th June.
- This marks the second consecutive year of decline in aggregate funds of Indian clients with all Swiss banks, taking the figure to the third lowest level in more than three decades since 1987 when the Swiss National Bank (SNB) began compiling the data.
♦Priyanka Chopra, Anurag Kashyap among ambassadors for virtual TIFF 2020
- Actor Priyanka Chopra and filmmaker Anurag Kashyap are among the 50 celebrated filmmakers and actors invited as the ambassadors of a slimmed down Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) this year.
- The festival, slated to run from September 10 to September 19, will be opting for digital screenings and virtual red carpets for the first time due to the coronavirus pandemic, making it tailored to fit the moment.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador- Salman Khan
- Mastercard -M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
♦National TB Elimination Awards 2019
- Nagaland and Tripura have been awarded for being the best performing small states under National TB elimination programme in the year 2019. This was declared on 24th June during the release of the annual TB Report 2020 by Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- Category of smaller states with less than 50 lakh population: Nagaland Along with Tripura State
- Categories of larger states with more than 50 lakh populations: Gujarat (1st), Andhra Pradesh (2nd) and Himachal Pradesh (3rd)
- Category of Union Territory: Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Daman & Diu
♦Australia and New Zealand named hosts for 2023 Women’s football World Cup
- Australia and New Zealand were handed the right to host the 2023 Women’s World Cup football tournament by a comfortable margin after a vote by the FIFA Council on 25th June.
- Their joint proposal beat a rival bid from Colombia to host the tournament which is being expanded to 32 teams.
- The 2019 World Cup in France was hailed as a watershed for global interest in the women’s game and FIFA President Gianni Infantino personally drove the campaign to increase the field to 32 teams from 24 for 2023.
♦Liverpool First time wins 2019-20 English Premier League title
- Following Manchester City’s 2-1 defeat to Chelsea on 25th June 2020, Liverpool clinched the 2019-20 English Premier League season with 7 games still left in the season. This is the first time that Liverpool has won the English Premier League title.
- As of 26th June 2020, Liverpool by winning 28 of their 31 games in the season has accumulated 86 points. Manchester City with 63 points in 31 games is at the second place of the standing table. With 7 games remaining in the season, 3 points are being awarded for winning a game, if Liverpool loses their remaining 7 games as well then also Manchester City can finish the 2019-20 season with a maximum of 84 points.
♦26th June: International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2020
- International Day Against Drug Abuse And Illicit Trafficking is celebrated on June 26 every year. The day is dedicated to eradicating drug abuse and neutralise the systemic challenges which sustain the illegal drug issues.
- Around 35.6 million people across the world are victims of drug abuse, according to the World Drug Report 2020 published by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime.
- Theme 2020: “better knowledge for better care.”
♦26th June: International Day In Support Of Victims Of Torture
- June 26 marks the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture. The day is celebrated annually to speak out against the crime of torture and to honour and support victims and survivors throughout the world.
- On this day people around the globe pay their respects to those who have suffered the unimaginable torture. This is regarded as an occasion for the world to speak up against the unspeakable.
Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day-
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June- World Blood Donor Day
- 15 June- World Wind Day & World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 16 June- Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev
- 17 June- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (International)
- 18 June- Autistic Pride Day and International Picnic Day
- 19 June- World Sickle Cell Awareness Day and World Sauntering Day
- 20 June- World Refugee Day (International)
- 21 June- World Music Day, World Hydrography Day, International Yoga Day
- 23 June- International Olympic Day , United Nations Public Service Day and International Widow’s Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here