Daily GK Update: 26 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Mayiladuthurai to be Tamil Nadu’s 38th district
- Tamil Nadu chief minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on 24th March announced bifurcation of Nagapattinam district to create a new district with Mayiladuthurai as its headquarters. Mayiladuthirai will be the 38th district in the state.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
♦Coronavirus- Jaipur’s Sawai Man Singh hospital tests serving robot
- The Sawai Man Singh (SMS) Government Hospital in Jaipur is conducting a series of trials on a humanoid robot to check if could be pressed into service for delivering medicines and food to the COVID-19 patients admitted there, helping to keep the doctors and nursing staff at a safe distance to protect them against the dreaded coronavirus.
♦COVID-19 pandemic: ₹1.7 lakh cr. package with doubled food rations, cash transfers for poor
- The Union government on 26th March announced a Rs. 1.7 lakh crore package in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and countrywide lockdown, providing free food and cash transfers to support the poorest citizens who are most vulnerable during the crisis.
- The food grain ration for 80 crore poor people would be doubled for the next three months, supplemented by a kg of local pulses as well.
- The Centre would provide Rs. 50 lakh medical insurance cover for the next three months for about 22 lakh health workers in government hospitals fighting the spread of the virus at personal risk, including ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activist) workers, medical sanitary workers in government hospitals, paramedics, nurses and doctors.
- The Pradhan Mantri Gharib Kalyan Yojana had been announced within 36 hours of the lockdown and it would take care of the needs of poor and migrant workers, farmers, women, pensioners, widows and the disabled.
International (Current Affairs)
♦G20 Members at Virtual G20 Summit
- Chaired by Saudi Arabia, the Summit was held to discuss ways to move forward in coordinating global efforts to combat the Carona pandemic and to limit its humanitarian and economic impact. Saudi Arabia coordinated the video summit.
- PM Modi said, that G-20 has an important global role to play in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic.
- G20 members were joined by leaders from the invited countries – Spain, Jordan, Singapore, and Switzerland, as well as international organizations – United Nations, World Bank, IMF, World Health Organization and World Trade Organization.
Note: About G20
- Founded: 26 September 1999
- Leader: Salman of Saudi Arabia (2020)
- 20 members of the group: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, the European Union, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Spain is a permanent guest invitee.
♦Coronavirus – G20 leaders pledge $5 trillion ‘united’ response to crisis
- G20 nations pledged a “united front” on 26th March in the fight against coronavirus, saying they were injecting $5 trillion into the global economy to counter the pandemic amid forecasts of a deep recession.
- US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin joined the emergency videoconference chaired by Saudi Arabia’s King Salman, who called for coordinated action while facing pressure to end an oil price war between Riyadh and Moscow that has roiled energy markets.
- “We are injecting over $5 trillion into the global economy, as part of targeted fiscal policy, economic measures, and guarantee schemes to counteract the social, economic and financial impacts of the pandemic.”
Banking and Financial
♦Financial Minister declared Extension for return filing till June 30, 2020
- Union Finance &Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman publicized necessitated relief measures for statutory and regulatory compliance matters related to Income Tax, GST, Customs & Central Excise, Corporate Affairs, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (IBC) Fisheries, Banking Sector and Commerce.
- Income Tax (3 month Extensions, From 31st March, 2020 to 30th June, 2020)
- Vivad se Vishwas scheme extendedwith no levy of additional 10% charge for late payment made by 30th June, 2020
- For delayed payments of TDSmade till June 30, 2020 reduced interest rate of 9%from 18%annually will be charged for this period. There will be no late fee or penalty for delay during this period.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- No interest or late fee will be chargedfrom those having aggregate annual turnover less than Rs5 crore for filing GSTR-3B. While others will attract interest of 9% per annum (Earlier 18%) from 15 days after due date i.e. 30th June 2020.
♦Veteran photographer & Padma Shri recipient Nemai Ghosh passed away
- Veteran photographer Nemai Ghosh, who had a long association with filmmaker Satyajit Ray, passed away at a hospital in Kolkata on March 25.
- He was known for working with Satyajit Ray as a still photographer who captured the master craftsman in different moods at sets besides framing actors as they faced camera for over two decades. Nemai Ghosh made his debut with Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne (1969) and was with Satyajit Ray till his last film Agantuk (1991).
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here