Daily GK Update: 26 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Mizoram Govt becomes first in India to Grant Industry Status to Sports
- The northeastern state of Mizoram has accorded ‘industry’ status to sports. On 23th May, the Cabinet cleared the Sports and Youth Service department’s proposal to recognise sports as an ‘industry’ in the state.
- Aim: Main aim of the decision is to professionalise sports in the state. “Govt. need to sustain sports and games and make it more meaningful to players. Gone are the days where sports is just entertainment and enjoyment — it needs to be more than that so that players can earn a livelihood out of it.
- Mizoram is known for its love for sports — especially football which is played competitively through the Mizoram Premier League, the state’s highest football league.
Note: About Mizoram
- Capital: Aizawl
- Governor: P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
- Chief minister: Pu Zoramthanga
♦PMMSY aims to enhance fish production to 220 LMT with an investment of over Rs.20,000 crores in next five years
- The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) aims to enhance fish production to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024-25 from 58 lakh metric tons in 2018-19 at an average annual growth rate of about 9%.
- The Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Giriraj Singh on 26th May said the ambitious scheme will result in doubling export earnings to Rs.1,00,000 crore and generate about 55 lakhs direct and indirect employment opportunities in fisheries sector over a period of next five years. Dedicating the PMMSY to fishers, fish farmers, fish workers, fish vendors and other stakeholders associated with the fisheries sector.
- “PMMSY – A scheme to bring about Blue Revolution through sustainable and responsible development of fisheries sector in India”, approved by the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 20th May, 2020, Shri Giriraj Singh said that the scheme envisages an estimated investment of 20,050 crores comprising Central share of Rs. 9,407 crore, State share of Rs 4,880 crore and Beneficiaries contribution of Rs. 5,763 crore., PMMSY will be implemented over a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25 in all States/Union Territories.
♦Gadkari inaugurates Chamba Tunnel under Chardham Pariyojana
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari on 26th May inaugurated the breakthrough event of Chamba Tunnel under Chardham Pariyojana through video conference mode. Border Roads Organisation (BRO) achieved this major milestone by digging up a 440 m long Tunnel below the busy Chamba town on Rishikesh-Dharasu road Highway (NH 94).
- BRO is a key stake holder in prestigious Chardham project and breakthrough of this tunnel has been achieved by Team Shivalik. Latest Austrian technology has been used in its construction. The tunnel will be through for traffic by October this year, almost three months before its scheduled date of completion.
- Under prestigious Chardham Project costing around Rs 12,000 Crore with approximate length of 889 Km, BRO is constructing 250 Km of National Highways leading to holy shrine Gangotri and Badrinath.
♦IMD Adds 7 New Weather Services To UMANG App
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has onboarded its seven services to the “UMANG”
- Current temperature, humidity, wind speed, direction for 150 cities are updated 8 times a day. Information on sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset are also available on the app.
♦Government of Bihar have joined hands to supply ”Shahi Lichi” & “Zardalu Mango” to the people at doorstep.
- Bihar Postal Circle has made an agreement with Department of Horticulture, Government of Bihar for logistics of Shahi Lichi from Muzaffarpur and Zardalu Mango from Bhagalpur and its delivery to the door step of the people.
- About Shahi Litchi: It is mostly grown in Muzaffarpur and its neighbouring districts of East Champaran, Vaishali, Samastipur and Begusarai. It was accorded the Geographical Indication (GI) Tag in 2018.
- About Zardalu Mango: It was accorded the Geographical Indication (GI) Tag in 2017. It is a unique product from Bhagalpur district of Bihar and it is known for its light yellow skin and special aroma.
Note: About Patna
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Formation: 22 March 1912; (Bihar Diwas)
- Chief minister: Nitish Kumar
- Capital: Patna
♦Salman Khan Launches His New Grooming Brand FRSH
- Taking to his social media handle on May 25, 2020, Salman Khan launched his new grooming and personal care brand FRSH. Khan is always seen releasing his films on the occasion of Eid but due to COVID-19 lockdown, film releases and film shoots have been put on a hold. However, it did not stop Khan from a new launch as he decided to make the most of this opportunity and gave his fans FRSH.
- The first product that Salman Khan’s FRSH decided to launch was hand sanitizers. It is the need of the hour and is more important than deodorants and perfumes.
Banking and Financial
♦PFC signs MoU with NBPCL to fund projects worth ₹ 22,000 crore for 225 MW hydro-electric projects in MP
- Power Finance Corporation (PFC), the central PSU under Ministry of Power and India’s leading NBFC on 26th May entered into an agreement with Narmada Basin Projects Company Ltd. (NBPCL), a wholly-owned company of of Madhya Pradesh, to fund projects worth Rs.22,000 crore for 225 MW hydro-electric projects & multipurpose projects in the State of Madhya Pradesh.
- The funds will be deployed by NBPCL for setting up hydroelectric projects of 225 MW and power components of 12 major multipurpose projects in Madhya Pradesh.
- The MoU will help PFC to actively partner with NBPCL and provide finance for hydro-electric plants totaling 225 MW along with power components of multipurpose projects as part of state government’s endeavor to implement twelve major multipurpose projects.
♦Infosys partners with a Switzerland-based wealth management software provider Avaloq
- Infosys said it partnered with Avaloq, a wealth management software and digital technology provider headquartered in Switzerland, to provide end-to-end wealth management capabilities through digital platforms.
- Infosys will be a strategic implementation partner for Avaloq’s wealth management suite of solutions to help clients modernize and transform their legacy systems into digital advisory platforms.
Note: About Infosys
- Founded: 7 July 1981, Pune
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founders: N. R. Narayana Murthy
♦India’s GDP growth seen at (-)6.8% for FY21: SBI report
- According to the SBI’s research report — Ecowrap – the gross domestic product (GDP) growth is likely to be 2% for FY20 and (-) 6.8% for FY21.
- In the third quarter of FY20, GDP growth slipped to a nearly seven-year low of 4.7%. In Q1 and Q2 of FY20, GDP growth was 5.1% and 5.6%, respectively.
- It estimates FY21 GDP growth to be around (-) 6.8% and gross value added (GVA) growth would be nearly (-) 3.1%.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- World Bank:1.5% to 2.8%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 1.2%
- IMF- 1.9%
♦Indian-American alumnus & IBM scientist Rajiv Joshi named Inventor of the Year
- Prolific Indian-American inventor Rajiv Joshi has bagged the prestigious Inventor of the Year award in recognition of his pioneering work in advancing the electronic industry and improving artificial intelligence capabilities.
- Reason: Dr Joshi, who is a master inventor with more than 250 patented inventions in the US, works at the IBM Thomson Watson Research Center in New York.
- An IIT Mumbai alumnus, Joshi has an MS degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a PhD in mechanical/electrical engineering from Columbia University, New York.
♦Indian Navy’s made ”breathable” PPE kit ”NavRakshak”
- The Indian Navy”s indigenously-made PPE kit, ”NavRakshak”, made for enhancing comforts of the health workers under Indian conditions, is helping fight the war against Covid-19 in a better and effective manner.
- It was made by a doctor who can understand the agony of his fraternity wearing a multi-layered coverall PPE while treating patients for upto 12 hours in hot and humid conditions.
- The ”NavRakshak” with an innovative ”breathable” fabric material, has brought new hopes to the medical world and healthcare professionals from whose perspective it has been designed.
♦India helps to set up a military war game centre in Jinja district (Uganda)
- Indian Association in Uganda, with help of the Indian Military training team, set up a military war game centre in Jinja district. On 25th May, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni inaugurated the war game centre conceptualised by Indian military team for Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF).
- The war game centre is named ‘INDIA’ and is a type of strategy game that simulates warfare realistically, as opposed to abstract strategy games such as chess.
Note: About Ugenda
- Capital: Kampala
- Currency: Ugandan shilling
- President: Yoweri Museveni
♦25th May: World Thyroid Day 2020
- On May 25th the American Thyroid Association (ATA) in cooperation with the European Thyroid Association the Asia-Oceania Thyroid Association and the Latin American Thyroid Society, will make an extraordinary effort to do what we do year-round—focus attention on “the gland” that causes such widespread “dis-ease” throughout the globe.
- The Main objective of the WTD is to spread awareness about the importance of Thyroid and the prevention and treatment of thyroid diseases.
Note: Revision Important Day (May)
- May 3: World Press Freedom Day
- May 4: Coal Miners’ Day & International Firefighters Day
- May 7: World Athletics Day
- May 8: World Red Cross Day & World Thalassaemia Day
- May 11: National Technology Day
- May 12: International Nurses Day
- May 17: World Telecommunication Day & World Hypertension Day
- May 18: World AIDS Vaccine Day & International Museum Day
- May 21: National Anti-Terrorism Day
♦25th May: Africa Day
- Africa Day (formerly African Freedom Day and African Liberation Day) is the annual commemoration of the foundation of the Organisation of African Unity on 25 May 1963.
- It is celebrated in various countries on the African continent, as well as around the world. The organisation was transformed into the African Union on 9 July 2002 in Durban, South Africa, but the holiday continues to be celebrated on 25 May.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here