Daily GK Update 26, 27 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Ladakh’s Startsapuk Tso, Tso Kar lake complex added to list of Ramsar site
- One more wetland in India has been added to the list of recognised sites of international importance under the treaty of Ramsar Convention, taking the number of such wetlands in the country to 42, the highest in South Asia.
- The latest site to be added to the list is a high-altitude wetland complex of two connected lakes, Startsapuk Tso and Tso Kar, in Ladakh. The complex is a notable example of two connected lakes, the freshwater Startsapuk Tso and the hypersaline Tso Kar.
♦PM to flag off 100th Kisan Rail on 28 December
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will flag off the 100th Kisan Rail from Sangola in Maharashtra to Shalimar in West Bengal on 28th December 2020.
- The multi-commodity train service will carry vegetables such as cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, drumsticks, chillies, onion, as well as fruits like grapes, oranges, pomegranate, banana, custard apple etc.
- About Kisan Rail: The first Kisan Rail was introduced from Devlali to Danapur on 7th August, 2020, which was further extended upto Muzaffarpur. As a result of good response from the farmers, its frequency was also increased from weekly to three days in a week.
- Kisan Rail has been a game changer in ensuring fast transportation of agriculture produce across the nation. It provides a seamless supply chain of perishable produce.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Florin Citu New PM of Romania
- Former investment banker and finance minister Florin Citu become the new prime minister at a time when Romania is struggling against the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and its economic fallout.
- Citu had stints as an economist for the New Zealand central bank and the European Investment Bank before entering politics in 2016.
Note: About Romania
- Capital: Bucharest
- Currency: Romanian leu
- President: Klaus Iohannis
♦India to become 5th largest economy in 2025, 3rd largest by 2030
- India, which appears to have been pushed back to being the world’s sixth biggest economy in 2020, will again overtake the UK to become the fifth largest in 2025 and race to the third spot by 2030, a think tank said on 26th Dec.
- India had overtaken the UK in 2019 to become the fifth largest economy in the world but has been relegated to 6th spot in 2020.
- “India has been knocked off course somewhat through the impact of the pandemic. As a result, after overtaking the UK in 2019, the UK overtakes India again in this year’s forecasts and stays ahead till 2024 before India takes over again,” the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) said in an annual report published on 26th Dec.
Banking & Financial
♦RBI cancels the Licence of the Subhadra Local Area Bank, Maharashtra
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has, vide order dated December 24, 2020 cancelled the banking licence issued to Subhadra Local Area Bank Ltd., Kolhapur, Maharashtra under Section 22 (4) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 to carry on banking business in India. The order is made effective from close of business on December 24, 2020.
- The affairs of the Subhadra Local Area Bank Ltd. were conducted in a manner detrimental to the interests of its present and future depositors.
- Public interest would be adversely affected if it is allowed to continue to do the business in the manner in which it is functioning.
- The general character of the management is considered prejudicial to the interest of the present and future depositors.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦DFC to invest USD 54 million in India to support critical infrastructure projects
- The United States International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) has announced to invest $54 million in India to support the development of critical infrastructure projects in the country in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The DFC will invest this $54 million in equity for the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) in India.
♦ HDFC Bank Ranks Top among 100 BFSI Firms in India
- HDFC Bank is the top ranked company among the 100 Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) companies in the country, as per the BFSI Movers and Shakers 2020 report by Wizikey.
- HDFC Bank has topped because of its customer service, monetary management, and innovative offerings amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- 2nd Rank: ICICI Bank
- 3rd Rank: State Bank of India (SBI)
Note: About HDFC bank
- Headquarters– Mumbai
- Tagline– We Understand Your World
- CEO- Sashidhar Jagdishan
Book and Author
♦Devendra Fadnavis releases book ‘Ayodhya’ written by Madhav Bhandari
- Maharashtra former Chief Minister and present leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly, Devendra Fadnavis has released the book ‘Ayodhya’ written by Madhav Bhandari.
- The book will serve as a key reference document summarising the protests held for the cause of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
♦Book titled ‘Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat aur Samadhan’ written by Kailash Satyarthi
- Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi’s new book titled ‘Covid-19: Sabhyata ka Sankat Aur Samadhan’ (Covid-19: Crisis of Civilisation and Solutions) was launched by former Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra and Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh Narayan Singh.
- The Hindi book, published by Prabhat Prakashan. The book discusses how the pandemic has influenced the education system, business, politics, public safety, foreign policy, law, medicine, economy and development of countries.
♦ISRO releases Chandrayaan-2 mission’s initial data
- The Indian Space Research Organization recently released the first set of data from Chandrayaan-2. The data was prepared by Planetary Data System (Version 4). The first data set was released through PRADAN portal.
- The PRADAN portal is hosted by ISSDC (Indian Space Science Data Centre).
Note: About ISRO
- Chairman: K.Sivan.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
♦Robin Jackman, Former England Bowler & Cricket Commentator passed away
- Robin Jackman, Former England Bowler and Cricket Commentator, Dies At 75Former England bowler and renowned cricket commentator Robin Jackman died at the age of 75 on 26th Dec.
- Jackman played four test matches and fifteen one day internationals between 1974 and 1983.
♦Dance historian Sunil Kothari passes away
- Padma Shri dance historian and critic Sunil Kothari passed away on 27th Dec at a Delhi hospital after he suffered a cardiac arrest a month after testing positive for coronavirus. He was 87.
- He authored more than 20 books on the subject of Indian dance forms including “Sattriya Dances of Assam”, “New Directions in Indian Dance”, and also on Bharatanatayam, Odissi, Chhau, Kathak, Kuchipudi, and Photo Biographies of Uday Shankar and Rukmini Devi Arundale.
- Awards: Kothari received numerous titles and awards for his contribution to Indian dance forms including the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (1995); the Gaurav Puraskar conferred by the Gujarat Sangeet Natak Akademi (2000); the Padma Shri bestowed by the Government of India (2001); and the Life Time Achievement Award of the Dance Critics Association, New York, USA (2011).
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|