Daily GK Update 26th & 27th September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India, Denmark sign MoU on Intellectual Property cooperation
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Intellectual Property Cooperation with the Danish Patent and Trademark Office, Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, Kingdom of Denmark.
- Exchange of best practices, experiences and knowledge on IP awareness among public, authorities, businesses and research and educational institution of both countries. Collaboration in training programmes, exchange of experts, technical exchanges and outreach activities.
Note: About Denmark
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone
International (Current affairs)
♦World risk index 2020: India’s rank 89, Tops Vanuatu
- According to the World Risk Index (WRI) 2020, India is ‘poorly prepared’ to deal with ‘climate reality’, due to which it is vulnerable to extreme natural disasters. It is calculated on a country-by-country basis, through the multiplication of exposure and vulnerability and describes the disaster risk for various countries and regions.
- World Risk Report 2020 released by the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS), Bundnis Entwicklung Hilft and the University of Stuttgart in Germany.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Heritage Foundation Index of Economic Freedom 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Human Capital Index 2020: 116th
♦India provides 1.54 billion rupees to Nepal as post-earthquake assistance
- India has provided 1.54 billion Nepalese Rupees (INR nearly 96 crores) to Nepal as part of its commitment towards assistance and rehabilitation after the 2015 earthquake which saw the death of over 9,000 people in the country.
- The financial support was provided as housing and school sector assistance and would further help in the renovation of educational institutions and houses for the people affected in the natural disaster.
- India has expressed commitment to help rebuild 50,000 private houses in Gorkha and Nuwakot districts, which were destroyed due to the 2015 great earthquake. Of the 92 per cent construction works have already been completed.
Note: About Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Prime minister: K. P. Sharma Oli
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
Banking and Financial
♦ADB approves $300 million loan to develop Rajasthan’s towns
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a 300 million dollar (about ₹2,200 crore) loan to finance inclusive water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in secondary towns of Rajasthan.
- The project is expected to build citywide access for improved water supply services for about 5.7 lakh people and enhanced sanitation services for about 7.2 lakh people in at least 14 secondary towns. These localities have 20,000 to one lakh residents.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $USD 1.5 billion-Help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
♦NCAER projected India’s GDP shrinking by (-)12.6% in FY21
- The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) has projected the economy to contract 12.6 per cent in the current financial year (FY21), with the remaining three quarters expected to witness a fall in gross domestic product (GDP).
- It pegged the GDP fall at 12.7 per cent in the second quarter, 8.6 per cent in the third quarter and 6.2 per cent in the fourth quarter. GDP declined a record 23.9 per cent in the first quarter.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- ADB– (-)9%
- IMF- (-)4.5%
- OECD- (-)10.2%
♦Harley-Davidson to shut sales and manufacturing operations in India
- Harley-Davidson Inc said on 25th September it would discontinue its sales and manufacturing operations in India, effectively abandoning the world’s biggest motorcycle market after a decade of unsuccessful efforts to gain a foothold.
- The move involves $75 million in restructuring costs, some 70 redundancies and the closure of its Bawal plant, walking away from a market worth about 17 million bike and scooter sales a year. It will retain only a scaled-down sales office in Gurgaon, south of New Delhi.
- The departure is also the latest setback for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s strategy to encourage domestic manufacturing that would keep more of the fruits of a gigantic home consumer market in India.
♦RBI publishes “’Technology Vision for Cyber Security’ for UCBs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will implement the “Technology Vision for Cyber Security’ for Urban Co-operative Banks (2020-2023) to enhance the IT security system of Urban Co-operative banking to prevent, detect, respond to and recover from cyber-attacks.
- The Technology Vision Document aims at enhancing the cybersecurity posture of the Urban Co-operative banking sector against evolving IT and cyber threat environment. RBI will achieve this objective using its five-pillared strategic approach ‘GUARD’.
♦Ceat Tyres signs Aamir Khan as brand ambassador
- RPG Group company Ceat Tyres on 25th September said it has roped in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador, who will feature in its various campaigns across media platforms.
- Amir Khan, who is one of the most versatile and talented actors in the Indian Film industry, has signed a two-year contract with Ceat Tyres Ltd to perform the role of its ambassador.
Note: Recently Appointment List of brand ambassador
- ebikeGo: Harbhajan Singh
- Oakley’s: Rohit Sharma
- Bajaj Allianz: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Paytm First Games (PFG): Sachin Tendulkar
- Great Learning: Virat Kohli
- Acer India: Sonu Sood
♦Valtteri Bottas won Russian Grand Prix 2020
- Valtteri Bottas won the Russian Grand Prix on 27th September after his Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton’s race was ruined by penalties.
- Max Verstappen (Redbull) Second and Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain) Third Position.
List of Winner 2020 F1 Race
- Steiermark Grand prix– Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain)
- Austrian Grand Prix– Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Hungarian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- British Grand Prix -Lewis Hamilton
- F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix- Max Emilian Verstappen (Red Bull-Netherland)
- Spanish Grand Prix– Lewis Hamilton
- Belgian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- Italian Grand Prix- Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri-Honda- France)
- Tuscan Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
♦India, Japan 3-day naval exercise JIMEX to begin from 26th September in Arabian sea
- Indian and Japanese navies to begin their three-day-long maritime military exercise beginning from September 26. The naval exercise will take place in the North Arabian Sea. This is the fourth edition of Japan Maritime bilateral exercise (JIMEX).
- The exercise is taking place in the backdrop of growing concerns over China’s military activity in the Indian Ocean Region as well as in the Indo-Pacific.
- The naval exercise will continue till September 28 and it is is being conducted in a `non-contact at-sea-only format`, in view of COVID-19 restrictions.
Note: List of Exercise Between Japan and India
- Dharma Guardian-India and Japan
- Shinyuu Maitri’-India and Japan (Airforce)
♦26th September: World Environmental Health Day
- World Environmental Health Day is being observed globally today on 26th September. The day is celebrated to throw the light on important works being done on the environmental health around the world. It has been targeted towards preventing the disease and creating health-supportive environments.
- Theme 2020: Environmental health, a key public health intervention in disease pandemic prevention.
♦26 September: International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons
- The United Nations observes 26 September every year as the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons. The day provides an occasion for the world community to reaffirm its commitment to global nuclear disarmament as a priority.
- It provides an opportunity to educate the public and their leaders about the real benefits of eliminating such weapons, and the social and economic costs of perpetuating them.
♦25 September: Nation observes Antyodaya Divas
- India observes Antyodaya Diwas on 25th September every year. This day is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- The day was declared by the Modi Government on September 25, 2014. Antyodaya means uplifting the poorest of the poor.
♦Fourth Sunday of September: International Daughters’ Day
- Every year, the fourth Sunday of September is observed as International Daughters’ Day. Everyone in the family celebrates the day by wishing and making their daughters feel special.
- While each daughter may have a different personality — witty, adventurous, funny and more — they instantly know how to fill your hearts with warmth.
♦Former BJP leader & Union Minister Jaswant Singh passes away
- Former defence minister Jaswant Singh passed away on 27th Septmeber. He was 82. In 2014, he was admitted to the Army (Research and Referral) Hospital in Delhi following a severe head injury at his residence.
- Singh had contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections as an Independent candidate from Barmer district in Rajasthan after he did not get a BJP ticket.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here