Daily GK Update 26 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Himachal Pradesh govt launches ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’
- Himachal Pradesh government has launched ‘Him Suraksha Abhiyan’ to sensitize the people regarding Covid-19 pandemic and also to collect information regarding symptoms of diseases like TB, Leprosy, sugar and blood pressure by the door to door campaign throughout the State.
- Aims: Under this Abhiyan about 8000 teams comprising of Health, Ayurveda, Women and Child Development, Panchayati Raj Departments, District Administration and NGOs would be involved in this campaign.
Note: About HP
- Chief Minister: Jairam Thakur
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatraya.
- Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
♦Pilibhit Tiger Reserve gets global award for doubling tiger population
- The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve (PTR) and the Uttar Pradesh Forest department have bagged the first-ever international award, “TX2” for doubling the number of tigers in four years against a target of 10 years.
- TX2 stands for ‘Tigers times two’, signalling the goal to double wild tigers. In 2014, PTR had 25 tigers which went up to 65 in 2018.
♦MEITY bans 43 more apps in India
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) November 24 issued an order blocking access to 43 mobile apps in India.
The order was issued under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act. “This action was taken based on the inputs regarding these apps for engaging in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order. READ MORE……………..
♦10th edition of National Science Film Festival begins virtually
- The 10th edition of prestigious National science film festival kicked off on 24th November 2020 in a virtual mode.
- The four-day long film festival has been jointly organized by Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous agency under the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the Tripura State Council of Science and Technology, Govt. of Tripura from 24 to 27 November 2020.
Banking & Financial
♦Mercedes-Benz India Partnership with SBI for car financing offers
- Mercedes-Benz India recently announced that it has partnered with SBI in an endeavour to offer top class car finance schemes and deals to its customers across the country.
- Describing it as a first-of-its kind collaboration, the German luxury camaker’s retail marketing association with the State Bank of India will seek to tap into the bank’s customer base of high net-worth individuals (HNI) in order to pitch its premium cars to them and expand its customer base as well.
Note: About SBI
- SBI New chairman- Dinesh Kumar Khara (For 3yrs)
- SBI new chief financial officer (CFO)-Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
- SBI Cards& Payment Services MD & CEO- Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- SBI General Insurance MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- SBI Mutual Fund MD & CEO– Vinay Tonse
- SBI MD – Ashwani Bhatia
♦Malayalam film ‘Jallikattu’ is India’s official entry for Oscars
- Lijo Jose Pellissery’s Malayalam film Jallikattu has been selected as India’s entry for the 2021 Academy Awards in the Best International Feature category by the Film Federation of India (FFI). Jallikattu stars Antony Varghese, Chemban Vinod Jose, Sabumon Abdusamad and Santhy Balachandran, among others.
- The film is about a buffalo that breaks loose and a village’s attempt to capture it. It’s also an allegorical tale on human civilisation and how easily social structures can crumble in the face of base instincts.
- India’s 2019 entry was Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, which stars Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt. Only three films have even received a nomination – Mother India (1957), Salaam Bombay (1988) and Lagaan (2001) – all of them in Hindi.
♦November 26- Constitution Day of India
- Indian citizens adhere to the laws, rights and principles, mentioned in the constitution, which was first adopted by the Constituent Assembly on November 26, 1949. To celebrate this, the National Constitution Day or Samvidhan Divas is observed on November 26.
- Also known as the longest written constitution of any country on Earth, the Constitution of India can be called as a work of art and B R Ambedkar, chairman of the drafting committee, as its chief architect.
Revision Important Days in November 2020
- November 2-International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists
- November 7-National Cancer Awareness Day
- November 9-Legal Services Day
- November 14-Children’s Day
- November 16-International Day for Tolerance
- November 19 – International Men’s Day
- November 20 – International children’s day
- November 21-World Television Day
♦National Milk Day: 26 November
- November 26 is celebrated as National Milk Day, since 2014, to commemorate the birthday of the father of India’s White Revolution, Dr Verghese Kurien (also nicknamed as Milkman of India).
- The first National Milk Day was celebrated on 26 November 2014 where various milk producers from 22 states participated.
♦Football legend Maradona passes away at 60 due to cardiac arrest
- Football legend Diego Maradona passed away on 25th Nov due to a heart attack. Maradona, regarded as one of the greatest footballers of all time, helped Argentina win the World Cup in 1986.
- He played club football for Boca Juniors, Napoli and Barcelona among others and was adored by millions for his brilliant skills.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|