Daily GK Update 26th October 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Prahlad Singh Patel virtually launched “Life in Miniature” project
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (I/C), Prahlad Singh Patel has virtually launched the “Life in Miniature” project, a collaboration between the National Museum, New Delhi, Ministry of Culture, and Google Arts & culture.
- On the Google Arts & Culture app, online viewers can experience the first Augmented Reality-powered art gallery designed with traditional Indian architecture, and explore a life-size virtual space where you can walk up to a selection of miniature paintings.
♦National Conference on Vigilance and Anti Corruption to be inaugurated on Oct 27
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the National Conference on Vigilance and Anti-Corruption on October 27, 2020.
- The theme for the conference is ‘Vigilant India, Prosperous India’.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) organises this National Conference along with the ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’. The conference is observed every year from 27th October to 2nd November in India.
- Aims: The primary motive of the conference is to create awareness among citizens. It seeks to make citizen aware of India’s commitment to promote integrity in public life through their participation.
♦UP secured first rank in disbursing loans under PM Swanidhi Scheme
- Uttar Pradesh government has secured the first rank in central government’s PM Atmanirbhar Nidhi Scheme (SVANidhi Scheme) by approving the highest number of loans under the scheme.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will distribute loans to around 3 lakh beneficiaries. Uttar Pradesh has ranked first in all the categories including Applications, Sanctions and Disbursements of the loans.
- About SVANidhi Scheme: The central government launched the scheme on June 1, 2020. It was launched in order to help the street vendors to resume their livelihood activities that were impacted COVID-19 lockdown. The scheme is aimed at providing working capital loan up to Rs. 10,000 at a subsidized rate of interest. It is also aimed at providing benefits to street vendors or hawkers in urban, pre-urban and rural areas.
Banking and Financial
♦World Bank sanctions Rs 3 crore for Goa to develop India’s first sand dune parks
- World Bank has approved a project proposed by the Goa state biodiversity board that will see India’s first sand dune parks and interpretation centres developed along select stretches.
- Around Rs 3 crore has been sanctioned to the state under the programme, and will see interventions like interpretation centres to educate locals and tourists on the importance of the sand dune ecosystem.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2020
- $250 million-Tamil Nadu Housing Sector
- $500 million-To improve quality and governance of school education in six Indian states.
- Rs. 1,950 crore– W.Bengal Govt for tackling COVID situation
- $400 million-Improve coastal resources in India
- $82 million– For Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project.
- $80 million-Govt of Himachal Pradesh for improve water management practices
- $450 million-The World Bank-supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY)
- $88 Million-Help modernize Assam’s passenger ferry sector
- $210 Million-State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- $400 Mn: support for rejuvenating Ganga
♦NTPC ranks 1st among Indian PSUs in Forbes’ World’s Best Employer 2020
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) has featured on the top on the list of Indian PSUs under the ‘World’s Best Employer 2020’, published by Forbes.
- The recognition is testimony to NTPC’s commitment towards inculcating best in class practices that are thoughtfully designed and robustly executed, the company stated in a statement.
- NTPC has successfully innovated and introduced people practices in the domain of hiring; engagement; diversity and inclusion; rewards and recognition; and performance management.
Note: About NTPC
- Founded: 1975.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
♦Hamilton wins Portuguese GP, overtakes Schumacher in record 92nd F1 victory
- British driver Lewis Hamilton made Formula One history on 25th October, winning the Portuguese Grand Prix for a 92nd career victory to move one ahead of German great Michael Schumacher.
- Mercedes’s Valtteri Bottas and Red Bull’s Max Verstappen second and third Position respectively.
List of Winner 2020 F1 Race
- Steiermark Grand prix– Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain)
- Austrian Grand Prix– Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Hungarian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- British Grand Prix -Lewis Hamilton
- F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix- Max Emilian Verstappen (Red Bull-Netherland)
- Spanish Grand Prix– Lewis Hamilton
- Belgian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- Italian Grand Prix- Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri-Honda- France)
- Tuscan Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- Russian Grand Prix- Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Eifel Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
♦Samsung Chairman Lee Kun-Hee passes away
- The chairman of South Korea’s largest conglomerate, Samsung Group, Lee Kun-hee has passed away. Lee helped to transform Samsung from a small trading business to become the world’s largest producer of smartphones and memory chips.
- Lee was also the richest person in South Korea, according to Forbes, with a net worth of nearly $21bn.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|