Daily GK Update: 27 & 28 February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Artificial Intelligence Summit ‘RAISE 2020’ in April
- The government will host RAISE 2020 – an event focussed on artificial intelligence – on April 11-12 in New Delhi.
- RAISE (Responsible AI for Social Empowerment) 2020 will be organised by the government in partnership with industry and academia.
- The summit will be a global meeting of minds to exchange ideas and charter a course to use AI for social empowerment, inclusion and transformation in key areas like healthcare, agriculture, education and smart mobility, among other sectors.
Note: About List of Summit
- National Water Conference– Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal
- Global meet on climate change, ocean health– Kerala
- National Horticulture Fair 2020– Bengaluru
- Bio Asia 2020– Hyderabad
- 2020 Global Investors Summit– J&K
♦India and Myanmar exchanged 10 agreements in various fields
- India and Myanmar exchanged 10 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) in different various fields including energy, infrastructure, health, transport and communication and conservation of Tigers and other Wildlife.
- The MoUs were exchanged following detailed talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Myanmar President U Win Myint in New Delhi. The Myanmar President arrived in New Delhi for a four-day visit along with First Lady Daw Cho Cho on February 26, 2020.
Note: About Myanmar
- President: Win Myint
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- Currency: Burmese kyat
International (Current affairs)
♦Sri Lanka notifies UN its withdrawl from war crimes resolution
- Sri Lanka on 26th February notified the UN about its withdrawal from a UNHRC resolution that called for accountability to human rights abuses committed during the nation’s civil war with the Tamil separatists and pledged to appoint a new committee to review the reports of the previous probes which investigated alleged war crimes.
- Dinesh Gunawardena, Sri Lanka’s foreign minister, in his address to the 43rd session of the UNHRC in Geneva announced the withdrawal while accusing the previous government in erring with co-sponsoring the resolution.
Note: About Srilanka
- Capitals: Colombo
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Prime minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
Banking and Financial
♦ADB raises $118 million from rupee-linked bonds
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 26th February announced it has raised Rs 850 crore (USD 118 million) from a new issue of offshore Indian rupee-linked 10-year bonds. This represents ADB’s first new maturity raised in Indian rupees since 2017 and contributes to an established yield curve which stretches from 2021 through 2030 with Rs 7,240 crore (USD 1 billion) of outstanding bonds.
♦RBI Releases Paper On Nowcasting Indian GDP growth Using Dynamic Factor Model
- Reserve Bank of India placed on its website a Working Paper titled “Nowcasting Indian GDP growth using a Dynamic Factor Model” under the Reserve Bank of India Working Paper Series.
- Aim: The paper aims to contribute to the existing literature by combining high frequency indicators, which are useful proxies of economic activity, to nowcast GDP growth of India.
Here are the 12 indicators:
- Index of industrial production (IIP) –consumer goods
- IIP- core sectors
- Automobile sales
- Non-oil non-gold imports
- Rail freight
- Air cargo
- Foreign tourist inflows
- Government tax receipts
- Nominal Effective Exchange Rate (NEER)
- Bank Credit
♦RBI lifts ban on Bandhan Bank network expansion
- The Reserve Bank on 26th February allowed Bandhan Bank to expand its branch network after considering the efforts made by the private lender to comply with the licensing conditions.
- The central bank in September 2018 had barred Bandhan Bank from expanding its network as the lender failed to reduce the promoters’ stake to 40 per cent from close to 82 per cent within the stipulated three-year time frame of commencing operations.
- Reserve Bank of India vide its letter dated February 25, 2020 has informed that though the bank is still not in compliance with the licensing condition on dilution, considering the efforts made by the bank to comply with the said licensing condition.
Appointment and Resign
♦Sumant Kathpalia appointed as MD and CEO of Induslnd Bank Ltd
- Private sector lender IndusInd Bank announced on 27th February that it had appointed Sumant Kathpalia (pictured) the next managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) from March 24, for a three-year term.
- Kathpalia will succeed current MD & CEO Romesh Sobti, who has been at the helm of affairs for over a decade now. Sobti’s term as MD & CEO will end on March 23.
Note: List of CEO
- Bank of Baroda-Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India– Atanu Kumar Das
- Bank of Maharashtra– A. S. Rajeev
- Central Bank of India– Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank– Padmaja Chunduru
♦Mastercard names Michael Miebach new CEO, Ajay Banga to be Board Executive Chairman
- Mastercard’s Indian-American President and Chief Executive Officer Ajay Banga will step down from his role and assume charge as Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors. The payments giant announced Michael Miebach as the new CEO.
- Ajay Banga will become Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors effective January 1, 2021.
♦High-level committee on Assam Accord’s Clause retired Justice Biplab Sharma
- A high-level committee on Assam Accord’s Clause 6 on 25th February submitted its report to Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal in Guwahati.
- The committee, headed by retired Justice Biplab Sharma, gave recommendations and measures to implement the Clause 6 of the Assam Accord.
- Now, the Assam government will send the report to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for the follow-up action.
- While three members of the All Assam Students’ Union (AASU) were included in the high-level committee, but they skipped the meeting.
♦India-UK joint IAF & RAF Exercise Indradhanush 2020 begins at Air Force Stn Hindan
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force (RAF) of the UK jointly commenced the 5th edition of Exercise Indradhanush at Air Force Station Hindan on 24 February.
- The focus of this edition of the exercise is ‘Base Defence and Force Protection’.
Note: List of Defence Exercise
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’- India and Oman
- ‘Sahyog Kaijin’- Indo-Japan
♦Five-time grand slam winner Maria Sharapova retires from tennis
- Five-time grand slam winner Maria Sharapova has announced her retirement from tennis. The Russian retires at the age of 32 having last won a grand slam in 2014 when she clinched the French Open for the second time.
- Her last appearance came at the 2020 Australian Open, where she was knocked out in the first round by Donna Vekić.
♦Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurates 1st Khelo India Winter Games in Leh, Ladakh
- The Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (I/c), Shri Kiren Rijiju has inaugurated the first-ever Khelo India Winter Games in the Union Territory of Ladakh at Leh, Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir. The event, which is first of its kind in India, is being organised to promote winters ports in India and to popularise these games among the youth of the country.
- The second leg of the Khelo India Winter Games will be held at Kongdori, Gulmarg from 7th till 11th March and will have participants competing in Alpine Skiing, Cross Country Skiing, Snow Boarding and Snow Shoeing events.
♦27th February: World NGO Day
- NGO is known as a Non-Governmental Organisation or Non-Profit Organisation that faces several challenges in today’s society. NGO plays an important role in various sectors namely education, culture, science or development, etc. The aim of the day is to inspire and encourage people to be involved with NGOs for the betterment of society.
- On 27 February, 2014, first time World NGO Day was celebrated at Helsinki, the capital of Finland.
♦28th February: National Science Day
- This day is celebrated every year on February 28 in the country to celebrate the discovery of the ‘Raman Effect’. India’s great scientist CV Raman invented the ‘Raman Effect’ on this day and won Nobel Prize for the same.
- Theme 2020: “Women in Science”
Note: List of Important Day (February)
- 2nd February-World Wetlands Day
- 4th February-World Cancer Day
- 6 February – International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- 10th February– World Pulses Day
- 11th February– International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- 13th February – “World Radio Day”
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here