Daily GK Update 27 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦NITI Aayog Released Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2020: Gujarat Tops
- NITI Aayog in partnership with Institute of Competitiveness released the Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2020, this is the first report to examine export preparedness and performance of the states of India.
- Gujarat was identified as the top performing state in the category of Coastal state and also topped the Overall rankings.
- The structure of the EPI includes 4 pillars which are Policy, Business Ecosystem, Export Ecosystem and Export Performance and 11 sub pillars which are Export Promotion Policy, Institutional Framework, Business Environment, Infrastructure, Transport Connectivity, Access to Finance, Export Infrastructure, Trade Support, R&D Infrastructure, Export Diversification, and Growth Orientation.
- Gujarat, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu occupy the top three ranks.
Note: About Niti Aayog
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairman: Dr Rajiv Kumar
♦Rs 1,200 crore plan to link Ladakh with National Grid
- The Government of India is implementing Rs 1,200 crore project to link the regions of Ladakh and Leh with the National Power Grid.
- These regions due to their isolated locations remain power deficit regions receiving only 5 hours of power supply from diesel generators and very few micro hydel projects.
- In 2019, PM Modi dedicated the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh transmission line to the country. Now the regions Nubra and Zanskar of Ladakh are to be connected to this line.
♦Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launches mobile App for NCC Training
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched the Directorate General National Cadet Corps (DGNCC) Mobile Training App.
- The mobile app, called “DGNCC”, aims at providing NCC cadets all training materials, including syllabus, training videos and frequently asked questions, on one platform, . “The app has been made interactive by including a query option.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Russia releases declassified video of largest-ever hydrogen bomb blast
- Russia released a 40-minute video of detonation of the world’s most powerful hydrogen bomb. The bomb was called the “Tsar Bomb”.
- It is believed to be 3,333 times more destructive than that of the Hiroshima Nagasaki Atom bombs Little Boy and Fat Man.
- The hydrogen bomb was first tested over Novaya Zemlya, an archipelago in the Arctic Ocean.
Note: About Russia
- Capital: Moscow
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Currency: Russian Rouble
Banking and Financial
♦HSBC India Launched Omni Collect, a One Stop Solution to Businesses
- HSBC India has launched Omni Collect, a one-stop solution in India. It supports businesses to offer multiple payment options on a single platform.
- It is designed for businesses to easily collect payments through various digital methods, thereby allowing them to easily adapt to the changes in consumer spending.
- HSBC India has the potential to support both in-store and online purchases across multiple providers with single Application Programming Interface(API) connectivity.
Note: About HSBC
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- CEO: Noel Quinn
- Founder: Thomas Sutherland
- Founded: 3 March 1865, Hong Kong
♦Axis Bank introduced ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for the Indian Youth
- Axis Bank has introduced ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for the Indian Youth, to address the ever-changing lifestyle needs of young and digitally interested Indians.
- It offers a complimentary hospital cash insurance cover of up to Rs 20,000 per year, which covers hospital expenses incurred under COVID -19, which makes this a 1st of its kind savings account to cover the pandemic.
- This account targets to meet the lifestyle requirements of the working class that falls under 35 years of age.
Note: About Axis Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Tagline: Badhti Ka naam Zindagi.
♦Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Ltd (NLCIL) wins Swachhta Hi Seva 2019 award
- The award was given to the PSU for transforming Neyveli township into a plastic-free, clean and green campus.
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) NLC India Ltd (NLCIL) has bagged the ‘Swachhta Hi Seva’ (cleanliness is service) 2019 award, for transforming Neyveli township into a plastic-free, clean and green campus.
Appointment and Resign
♦TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer resigns
- TikTok chief executive officer Kevin Mayer has quit, the company said in a statement.
- His resignation comes days after the popular short-form video-sharing app and one of its employees separately sued US President Donald Trump’s administration over his executive order banning transactions in the US, calling it a pretext to fuel anti-China rhetoric as he seeks re-election.
♦ISRO signs MoU with VSSUT to set up Incubation Centre
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to set up the first of its kind innovation cum incubation centre, VSSUT Space Innovation Centre (VSSSIC) to promote space research.
- ISRO and VSSUT will collaborate to develop high-end simulation tools, miniature test facilities like Static test facility and solid propulsion research lab and establishment of testing facilities for the scaled-down model.
- ISRO Chairman: K.Sivan.
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- VSSUT Vice-Chancellor: Atal Chaudhuri.
- VSSUT Headquarters: Sambalpur, Odisha.
♦World Water Week 2020: 24 To 28 August
- World Water Week organized by SIWI is the annual focal point for global water issues. The World Water Week 2020 is observed as the World Water Week at Home (WWWeek at Home) from 24th August to 28th August 2020.
- The theme 2020: ‘Water and Climate change: Accelerating Action’.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)
|Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here