Daily GK Update : 27 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Prime Minister to address 3rd Global Potato Conclave
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall be addressing the 3rd Global Potato Conclave at Gandhinagar. Prime Minister is expected to take an overall view of the achievements and opportunities in the area of potato research, trade and industry, and value chain management and set a roadmap for the decade. The present conclave is the third in the series.
- last two decades two Global Potato Conferences were organized during 1999, and 2008.
Note: List of Summit and Conferences (December 2019)
- 54th DGsP/IGsP Conference- Pune
- 11th Delhi Dialogue; 6th Indian Ocean Dialogue and associated events- New Delhi
- Assocham Annual Conference- New Delhi
♦‘Bharat Parv 2020’ begins at Red Fort to celebrate spirit of India
- Bharat Parv 2020, a festival to celebrate the spirit of India has begun at Red Fort ground in New Delhi. It will continue till 31st of this month (26th to 31st January).
- Purpose: The objective of Bharat Parv is to encourage people to visit different tourism places of the country and to inculcate the spirit of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’. Bharat Parv has many attractions for public including display of Tableaux of the Republic Day parade, performance by armed forces bands and cultural Performances from different regions of the country.
♦Maharashtra Government launches ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme
- The Shiv Sena-led Maharashtra government on 26th Janaury launched ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme, which is aimed at providing a meal to the poor for just 10 rupees, on the occasion of the 71st Republic Day.
- Under the scheme, which has been launched on a pilot basis, thalis or lunch plates would be available to people at designated centres/ canteens during a stipulated time in all the districts.
Note: List of scheme 2019
- Vijayamritham’ and ‘Sahachari’- (Kerala)
- Nethanna Nestham’-(Andhra Pradesh)
- Nadu-Nedu Programme-(Andhra Pradesh)
♦Ganga Yatra under Namami Gange mission begins from Bijnor
- UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat and Union Minister Sanjeev Baliyan will launch the yatra from Bijnor, a place where Ganga enters Uttar Pradesh.
- Eight Union ministers and many UP ministers, incharge of the districts the yatra will pass through, will also participate.
- Aim: Yatra is to promote bio-diversity and to make the villages situated on the banks of the holy river more developed and prosperous.
Note: About UP
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Population: 20.42 crores (2012)
♦Indian institutes in top 100 of FT MBA ranking 2020
- Four Indian institutes have made it to the top 100 list of the Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Ranking 2020. The pack is lead by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore at 27 rank followed by Indian School of Business (ISB) at 28. IIM Calcutta has bagged 42 rank while the IIM Ahmadabad is at 47.
- Harvard Business School, US has reclaimed its top position.
Ranking top 10 institutes are –
- 1. Harvard Business School, US
- University of Pennsylvania: Wharton, US
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, US
- Insead, France
- Ceibs, China
- MIT Sloan, US
- London Business School, UK
- Columbia Business School, US
- HEC Paris, France
- University of Chicago: Booth, US
Note: India’s Rank in different Ranking Index
- Global peace index-141st
- World Press Freedom Index 2019-140th
- Global competitiveness index-68th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Hunger Index-102nd
- World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business 2020-63rd
- Gender Equality Index 2019-95th
Banking and Financial
♦India-Brazil set target of USD 15 billion trade by 2022
- The visit of the President of the Federative Republic of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, is a sign of the growing importance of the India – Brazil bilateral partnership said Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways, Piyush Goyal.
- Brazil is one of the most important trading partners of India in the entire LAC (Latin America and Caribbean) region trade between the two countries will grow to USD 15 billion by 2022.
Note: Project Targets
- PM vision of $ 5 trillion Economy-2025
- To Eliminate TB- 2025
- Housing for All- 2022
- Doubling Farmers income- 2022
- India to surpass china’s population- 2027
- Net zero carbon emitting in indian railways-2030
♦Anand appointed secretary of National Commission for Minorities
- B. Anand was on 27th Janaury appointed as the secretary of National Commission for Minorities. He is also holding additional charge of financial advisor, department of biotechnology and ministry of earth sciences.
- Sanjay Kumar Singh, has been appointed as additional secretary, department of agricultural research and education and secretary.
- Mr. Singh is currently additional secretary, the ministry of panchayati raj.
Note: list of Secretary
- New Cabinet Secretary-Rajeev Gauba
- New Defence Secretary- Ajay Kumar
- New home secretary- Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- New Information and Broadcasting Secretary- Ravi Mittal
- New foreign secretary- Harsh Vardhan Shringla
♦Sunil Mehta took over as CEO of the Indian Banks Association
- Sunil Mehta took over as Chief Executive Officer of the Indian Banks Association, IBA on 27th January. He succeeds V G Kannan, who stepped down on December 31, 2019. Sunil Mehta was heading Punjab National Bank, PNB as an MD & CEO.
- While serving PNB, Mehta was also appointed as a chairman of IBA in 2018-19.
- The term of the CEO of IBA is for the three years while the chairman term is for only one year. Currently, the managing committee of IBA has SBI chief Rajnish Kumar as Chairman year 2019-20 along with three deputy chairmen and honorary secretary.
Note: About IBA
- IBA also has the members representing private sector banks, payment and small banks, foreign sector banks, and co-operative sector banks.
♦Election Commission award for The Hindu Tamil
- The Hindu Tamil has won the Election Commission of India’s award for its voter awareness and education campaign in 2019 as part of the poll panel’s national awards given on the occasion of the 10th National Voters Day.
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the awards for best electoral practices to officers in conducting elections as well as civil society organisations and media groups for spreading awareness.
♦N Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University gets Harit Ratna Award
- N Kumar, Vice-Chancellor of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, has been conferred ‘Harit Ratna Award 2019’ by the All India Agricultural Students Association for dissemination of ₹30-crore entrepreneurship project in agri-business and for motivating students to the agriculture sector in the State.
- The award was conferred at the 5th National Youth Convention at Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya in Raipur.
♦Grammy Awards 2020
- 62nd edition of the Annual Grammy Awards was held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles city of California in the United States(US). The awards were given in recognition for the best recordings, compositions and artist covering the period from October 1, 2018 till August 31, 2019.
|Best Spoken Word Album||“Becoming” by Michelle Obama|
|Album of the Year||“When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” by Billie Eilish|
|Record of the Year||“Bad Guy” by Billie Eilish|
|Best Rap Song||“A Lot” 21 Savage Featuring J. Cole|
|Best Country Album||“While I’m Livin” by Tanya Tucker|
|Song of the Year||“Bad Guy” Billie Eilish & Finneas O’Connell, songwriters (Billie Eilish)|
|Best Rock Album||“Social Cues” by rock band Cage The Elephant|
|Best Rock Song||“This Land,” Gary Clark Jr., songwriter|
|Dance/Electronic Album||No Geography by The Chemical Brothers|
|Best Music Video||“Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus|
|Best Folk Song||Patty Griffin by Patty Griffin|
|Best Comedy Album||Sticks & Stones by Dave Chappelle|
|Best Rap/Sung Performance||“Higher”, DJ Khaled featuring Nipsey Hussle and John Legend|
|Best World Music Album||“Celia” by Angelique Kidjo.|
|Best Alternative Music Album||“Father of the Bride” by Vampire Weekend.|
|Best Music Film||“Homecoming” by Beyonce.|
|Best pop solo Performance||“Truth Hurts” by Lizzo.|
♦26th January: International Customs Day
- International Customs Day (ICD) is observed on 26 January every year. The day recognizes the role of custom officials and agencies in maintaining border security. The day marks the anniversary of the formation of the Customs Co-operation Council (CCC).
- The day was instituted by the World Customs Organization (WCO) in 1953 during the session of the Customs Cooperation Council (CCC) which was held in Brussels, Belgium.
Note: List of Important Day (January)
- 1st January – Global Family Day
- 9th January – NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
- 12th January – National Youth Day
- 15th January – Indian Army Day
- 25th January- National Voters’ Day
♦NBA legend Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash
- National Basketball Association (NBA) legend Kobe Bryant died on 26th January in a helicopter crash in suburban Los Angeles.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here