Daily GK Update, 27 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Delhi government launches web portal ‘Rozgar Bazar’
- Arvind Kejriwal led government on July 27 launched a web portal to make job opportunities available to those who lost employment due to the coronavirus-induced lockdown.
- The web portal named as ‘Rozgar Bazar’ can be used by those looking for jobs and also for employers looking to recruit people.
♦ World’s first electrified double-stack container tunnel underway in India
- The Indian Railways is constructing the world’s first electrified double-stack container tunnel near Haryana’s Sohna. A double-stack container goods train will be able to run at a speed of more than 100 km from within this tunnel.
- The Railways constructed the one-km long tunnel within a year. The 500-km track has already been laid on both the corridors, on which the goods train has started running, while another 500-km track is going to be ready by August.
♦ Hyderabad is 16th most surveilled city in world
- Hyderabad with over three lakh surveillance cameras has been ranked 16th among the top 20 most surveilled cities in the world, according to an annual report published by the UK-based Comparitech.
- Interestingly, out of the 20 most surveilled cities, 18 were Chinese cities, with London and Hyderabad being the only cities outside of China to make the top 20.
- The city of Taiyuan ranked at the top with 4,65,255 CCTV cameras. The city is home to 3,891,127 people. Hyderabad came up 15 spots behind with 3 lakh CCTV cameras being used to keep tabs on a city that has a population of a little over 1 crore.
- The other Indian cities that were listed included Chennai at 21 and Delhi ranked at 33.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ India Ranks 3rd among top 10 countries gaining forest area in the world: FAO
- India has been ranked third among the top 10 countries that have gained in forest areas in the last decade (2010-2020) as per the latest Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) released by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- FRA is a comprehensive assessment brought out by FAO after every five years since 1990 to assess the state of forests. India accounts for two percent of total global forest area.
- Top 10 countries which recorded the maximum average annual net gains in forest area during 2010-2020 are China, Australia, India, Chile, Vietnam, Turkey, the United States, France, Italy and Romania.
♦ President Kovind appoints Anandiben Patel the Governor of MP
- President Ram Nath Kovind 24th July appointed Smt. Anandiben Patel the Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
- Presently, she is the Governor of Uttar Pradesh. She has been given the additional charge of the Governor of Madhya Pradesh after the demise of Lal Ji Tandon.
List of Some Governor
- Andhra Pradesh: Biswabhusan Harishchandan
- Assam: Shri Jagdish Mukhi
- Bihar: Phagu Chauhan
- Gujarat: Acharya Dev Vrat
- Kerala: Aarif Muhammad
- Punjab: Shri V.P. Singh Badnore
- Tamil Nadu: Shri. Barnwarilal Purohit
♦ Indian-Origin Singapore Nurse Kala Narayanasamy Gets President’s Award For COVID Services
- Indian-origin nurse in Singapore has been conferred with the President’s Award for Nurses for serving on the frontline during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kala Narayanasamy was among the five nurses given the award. Each recipient was awarded a trophy, a certificate signed by President Halimah Yacob and SGD 10,000 (USD 7,228).
♦ India’s 2018 Asian Games mixed relay medal upgraded to gold after Bahrain’s disqualification
- The Indian 4x400m mixed relay team’s silver medal in the 2018 Asian Games has been upgraded to gold following the disqualification of original winners Bahrain on account of a doping ban handed to one of its runners.
- Bahrain, which had topped the 4×400 mixed relay final, was disqualified after Kemi Adekoya was handed a four-year ban by the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) for failing a dope test.
- The Indian quartet of Mohammed Anas, MR Poovamma, Hima Das and Arokia Rajiv had clocked 3:15:71 behind Bahrain (3:11:89).
♦ July 27: CRPF Raising Day
- The CRPF was raised on July 27, 1939 as the Crown representative Police under the British. It was then changed as Central Reserve Police force in 1949 under Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
- On July 27, 2020, the 82nd CRPF Raising Day is to be celebrated all over India.
♦ 27th July: APJ Abdul Kalam Death Anniversary
- APJ Abdul Kalam was an aerospace scientist and a phenomenal teacher who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007, and widely referred to “People’s President”.
- He collapsed while delivering a lecture at Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Shillong and died from an apparent cardiac arrest on July 27, 2015.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here