Daily GK Update: 27 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦LIC launches modified PM Vaya Vandana Yojana
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) on 25th May announced the launch of the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (Modified- 2020) Scheme.
- “This plan will be available for sale commencing from May 26 for three financial years – up to March 31, 2023. This scheme can be purchased offline as well as online from LIC of India.
- The Union Cabinet had earlier this month extended the PMVVY or Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana, which is a social security scheme for senior citizens.
- LIC is solely authorised to operate this scheme, which works as a Non-Linked, Non-Participating, Pension Scheme subsidised by the Centre.
♦Former SC judge Justice Sikri inaugurates Indian Dispute Resolution Centre
- Former Supreme Court judge Justice A K Sikri has inaugurated the Indian Dispute Resolution Centre (IDRC), which provides a paperless dispute resolution environment.
- The e-inauguration of IDRC took place on 23rd May, the official said, adding that the centre offers offline as well as e-alternate dispute resolution (ADR) facility through its state-of-the-art e-arbitration, e-meditation and e-conciliation software portal.
♦Webinar on “Van Dhan Scheme: learnings for post COVID-19” organized by DST
- A Webinar under Know Your Scheme-Lecture Series on “Van Dhan Yojana : Learning For Post Covid-19” was organized by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of Rajasthan in association with Trifed, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
- Shri Pravir Krishna, Managing Director of TRIFED, Ministry of Tribal Affairs was the Key Note Speaker detailing the learnings for post Covid-19 and the Webinar was moderated by Ms. Mugdha Sinha, Secretary, Science and Technology, Government of Rajasthan.
- TRIFED has partnered with UNICEF to initiate “Van Dhan Samajik Doori Jagrookta Abhiyaan“. Under this initiative tribals will be provided with relevant information regarding COVID-19 along with several guidelines, nationwide and state-specific webinars and instructions on safety measures to be followed.
- The Minimum Support Prices of Non Timber Forest Produce (NTFP) items has also been revised by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to provide much needed relief to forest gatherers in these trying times.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Facebook Launches ‘Catchup’ Audio Calling App
- “Catchup,” built by Facebook’s internal R&D group, differs from other group chat apps, in that the calls are audio-only, not video, and displays users’ status to indicate they’re available to talk.
Note: About Facebook
- Founded: February 2004
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Headquarters: California, United States
Banking and Financial
♦Fintech startup Zaggle joins hands with Visa to launch payment solutions for SMEs
- Fintech startup, Zaggle, has announced a partnership with Visa to launch innovative payment solutions for SMEs and startups.
- Aims: This partnership is aimed at helping SMEs and startups improve productivity, reduce costs and get access to faster credit through a card which would have both inbuilt forex and prepaid.
♦India’s GDP to contract by 5% in FY21: Crisil
- Rating agency Crisil Ltd on 26th May said the Indian economy may contract by 5% (Means -5%) this fiscal, slashing its growth outlook for the year from 1.8% in April, holding that India’s economic package is unlikely to boost the economy in the short run and the partial lockdown continues to be a hindrance to normal economic activity.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- World Bank:1.5% to 2.8%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 1.2%
- IMF- 1.9%
- SBI– (-)6.8%
♦Fitch projects Indian economy to contract 5% this fiscal
- Fitch Ratings on 26th May forecast a 5 per cent contraction (means -5%) of Indian economy in the current fiscal (FY21), on account of slump in economic activities and very stringent lockdown policy. This is substantially lower than 0.8 per cent growth for 2020-21 fiscal projected in April.
♦NASA Renamed Its ‘WFIRST’ Telescope after ‘Mother of Hubble’ Nancy Grace Roman
- NASA has renamed its Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST), a next-generation space telescope set to launch in 2025, in honor of Nancy Grace Roman, the US space agency’s first chief astronomer, who paved the way for space telescopes focused on the broader universe.
- The newly named Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope — or Roman Space Telescope, for short — will investigate long-standing astronomical mysteries, such as the force behind the universe’s expansion, and search for distant planets beyond our solar system.
- Considered the “mother” of NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope, which launched 30 years ago, Roman tirelessly advocated for new tools that would allow scientists to study the broader universe from space. She left behind a tremendous legacy in the scientific community when she died in 2018.
Note: About NASA
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
♦Indian Army Major Suman Gawani & Brazilian Navy officer share UN military gender award for women peacekeepers
- An Indian Army officer Major Suman Gawani and a Brazilian woman Commander Carla Monteiro de Castro Araujo have been selected for the prestigious United Nations Military Gender Advocate of the Year Award (2019).
- The woman peacekeeper were described as “powerful role models” by the UN Chief Antonio Guterres.
Note: About UN
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945,
- Secretary general: António Guterres
♦Actor Mohit Baghel passes away at 27
- Mohit Baghel, who is popularly known as Chhote Amar Chaudhary from Salman Khan’s Ready, passed away on May 23. He was 27 and battling cancer.
♦Actress Preksha Mehta committed suicide In Indore
- TV actress Preksha Mehta committed suicide on May 25 at her residence in Indore in Madhya Pradesh. She was 25. Before taking her life, the actress had left a chilling message on Insta story, which spoke about her shattered dreams. Now, the police has shared an equally heartbreaking suicide note of the actress, where she wrote about how she has lost all hopes.
Attempt CA QUIZ
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here