Daily GK Update 27 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India-Finland sign MoU on biodiversity conservation
- India and Finland signed Memorandum of Understanding in the field of biodiversity conservation and environment protection on November 26, 2020. The agreement was signed by the Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and his counterpart Krista Mikkonen of Finland.
- Purpose: The countries will exchange their best practices in areas such as prevention of air and water pollution, waste management, low carbon solutions, sustainable management of natural resources and promotion of circular economy.
Note: About Finland
- Capital: Helsinki
- Prime minister: Sanna Marin
- Currency: Euro
- President: Sauli Niinistö
♦PM Modi inaugurates RE-Invest 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment called the RE-Invest on November 26, 2020. The 3rd Global RE-Invest Renewable Energy Investors Meet & Expo was organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India. It is to be held from 26 – 28 November 2020 on a Virtual Platform.
- The theme of RE-Invest 2020: Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition
- About Re-Invest: RE-Invest will help the investors to get knowledge about the renewable growth. The partner countries of Re-INVEST are Australia, France, Denmark, Germany, UK, Maldives, European Union and US. The partner states are Gujarat, MP, HP, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
♦National Portal for Transgender Persons launched
- The Government of India has launched the National Portal for Transgender persons. The portal will help the transgender community to apply for identity card and certificate online. It was developed under the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Rules, 2020
- The major benefit of the portal is that the portal will help the transgenders to obtain the certificate without any physical interface. Also, the portal will help the transgenders to get the identity cards in their self-perceived identity which is an important provision of the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019.
Banking & Financial
♦HDFC Bank signs MoU with ICCI to support SMEs and Start-ups
- HDFC Bank has signed an MoU with Inventivepreneur Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ICCI) to support SMEs and Start-ups.
- Through this association, ICCI will engage, enrol and support various Startups /SMEs /MSMEs to facilitate inter-alia financial and other facilities to/from HDFC Bank. ICCI and HDFC Bank jointly conduct diverse networking activities, awareness camps and interactive sessions, Business Events.
Note: About HDFC
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: We Understand Your World
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: “Hum Hai na…”
♦James Wolfensohn, former World Bank president, passes away
- James Wolfensohn, a former investment banker who pushed through debt relief for the poorest nations during a decade at the helm of the World Bank, has died.
- James Wolfensohn was appointed as president of the global development bank by then-U.S. President Bill Clinton and led the Bank from June 1995 through May 2005. Born in Australia, he became a U.S. citizen in 1980.
♦Former Sudan Prime Minister Sadiq al-Mahdi dies of COVID-19
- Sadiq al-Mahdi, Sudan’s last democratically elected prime minister and leader of the country’s largest political party, died of COVID-19 on 26th Nov in a hospital in the United Arab Emirate. He was 84.
- Al-Mahdi also served as Prime Minister in 1966-67 before a group of military officers led by Jaafar al-Nimeiri took over two years later and turned the country into a military dictatorship for nearly two decades.
♦Father of Indian IT industry FC Kohli passes away
- Founder of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Faqir Chand Kohli, better known as the Father of the Indian IT industry, passed away.
- Besides being the founder, he was also the first CEO of TCS. Kohli also worked as the deputy general manager of Tata Power Company and was the Chairman of the Board of Governors of College of Engineering, Pune.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|