Daily GK Update 27th October 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Indian-Origin Candidate Wavel Ramkalawan to Be Seychelles President, Ending Ruling Party’s 43-Year Rule
- Indian-origin opposition candidate Wavel Ramkalawan, whose great grandfather was an indentured labourer from Bihar, has won Seychelles’ presidential election with a solid majority. Hi victory marks the first time that ruling United Seychelles party has been swept out of power since the archipelago became independent in 1977.
- More than 88% of the eligible 74,634 eligible voters cast their votes in the three days of polling in Seychelles.
Note: About Seychelles
- Capital: Victoria
- Currency: Seychellois rupee
♦Luis Arce declared as Bolivia’s new President
- Bolivia’s Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSE) announced on 25th October Luis Arce Catacora, the candidate for Bolivia’s Movement Towards Socialism (MAS) party, won presidential elections with 55.1 percent of the votes.
- “We have achieved a complex election in the midst of a political crisis; we have complied with a transparent, safe, and verifiable electoral process. We declare Luis Arce as president-elect of Bolivia and David Choquehuanca as vice president-elect,” said TSE President Salvador Romero during a ceremony in La Paz.
Note: About Bolivia
- Capitals: La Paz, Sucre
- Currency: Boliviano
♦Samsung Tops Forbes’ list of World’s Best Employer 2020
South Korea based electronics conglomerate, Samsung Electronics has topped the list of ‘World’s Best Employer 2020′ published by Forbes’. Amazon, IBM, Microsoft and LG are among the top 5 in the list respectively.
- From India, HCL Technologies is the top industry in the list. It is placed at the 30th position globally.
- In the Banking sector, HDFC Bank is top from India. It is at 176th position.
- NTPC ranks 1st among Indian PSUs in Forbes’ World’s Best Employer 2020.
Banking and Financial
♦BSE signs MoU with ICCI to support SMEs, start-ups in listing
- Stock exchange BSE on 25th October announced it has signed an agreement with Inventivepreneur Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ICCI) to support small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups, and promote their listing on the exchange.
- ICCI will offer industry connections to respective BSE start-ups globally and support entrepreneurship nationwide through knowledge transmission on government announced programs, acceleration fund, international presence and global business relations.
♦Sebi bans Birla Pacific Medspa, Yashovardhan Birla, 8 others from securities mkts for 2 yrs
- Sebi has barred the company, Yashovardhan Birla and eight other individuals from accessing the securities market and further prohibited them from buying, selling or otherwise dealing in securities for two years, while one individual has been prohibited from the capital markets for six months.
- Birla Pacific Medspa Ltd (BPML), which came out with offer documents in March 2011, had floated its over Rs 65-core initial public offering (IPO) in June 2011.
Note: About SEBI
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
♦Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports appoints Bimal Julka as Chairman
- Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) has announced the appointment of Bimal Julka as its Chairman. In his new role, Julka will work closely with all the stakeholders to further strengthen the operating standards of the Indian fantasy sports industry.
- Bimal Julka is taking over from John Loffhagen.
♦Fifa Ranking: India’s Rank 109,Belgium tops
- The Indian men’s football team have dropped by one place and are placed at the 109th position in the latest FIFA rankings. India has 1187 points and have not lost or gained any since the last update which took place in July.
- India, amid the Covid-19 pandemic, was ranked 108 from the November 2019 to July 2020 editions.
- Rank 1: Belgium
- Rank 2: France
- Rank 3: Brazil
- Rank 4: England
List of India’s Rank Different Important Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
♦Legendary actor-turned-politician Naresh Kanodia passes away
- Actor-turned-politician Naresh Kanodia passed away. Kanodia worked in over 300 Gujarati films, and won the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award in 2012 to mark the centenary of Indian cinema.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|