Daily GK Update: 28 & 29 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Coronavirus: Army Chief starts ‘Operation Namaste’ to combat COVID-19
- Army Chief Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane on 27th March launched an initiative christened ‘Operation Namaste’ to extend all possible assistance to the government in containing the spread of coronavius and insulate the 1.3 million strong force from the pandemic.
- General Naravane also conveyed to the families of the soldiers guarding India’s borders with Pakistan and China that the Army is taking care of its personnel serving the country in this difficult time.
- A senior Army official said isolation wards are being set up at hospitals in formations along the border areas besides launching communication campaigns for the soldiers and officials.
Note: List of Important Operations
- Operation Bandar- Balakot strike
- Operation Khumaar- J&k (drug free panchayat)
- Operation Milap- by Delhi police to rescue 333 children
- Operation Sankalp- Indian navy (in gulf of Oman and Persian gulf)
- Operation Smile- Hyderabad police for 325 children rescued.
- Operation Swift Retort- Pakistan strike after operation Bandar
- Operation Thirst- RPF To healthy drinking water
International (Current Affairs)
♦Global economy now in recession: IMF head said
- The head of the International Monetary Fund said 27th March it is clear that the global economy has now entered a recession that could be as bad or worse than the 2009 downturn.
- IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva said the 189-nation lending agency was forecasting a recovery in 2021.
- Kristalina Georgieva said it could be a “sizable rebound.” But she said this would only occur if nations succeed in containing the coronavirus and limiting the economic damage.
Note: About IMF
- Founded: 27 December 1945
- Headquartered– Washington, D.C.
- Members- 189
- Managing Director– Kristalina Georgieva
♦German minister commits suicide after ‘coronavirus crisis worries’
- Mr Thomas Schaefer, the finance minister of Germany’s Hesse state, has committed suicide apparently after becoming “deeply worried” over how to cope with the economic fallout from the coronavirus, state premier Volker Bouffier said on(March 29.
- Mr Schaefer, 54, was found dead near a railway track on 28th March.
Note: About Germany
- Population: 8.28 crores (2018)
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
Banking and Financial
♦Merger of 10 state-run banks into 4 form 1st April: RBI
- Reserve Bank of India has said that the merger of 10 state-run banks into four will come into force from April 1. The branches of merging banks will operate as of the banks in which these have been amalgamated.
- As per the scheme, Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of India will be merged into Punjab National Bank; Syndicate Bank into Canara Bank; Allahabad Bank into Indian Bank; and Andhra and Corporation banks into Union Bank of India.
- Under this, the branches of Oriental Bank of Commerce and United Bank of India will operate as branches of Punjab National Bank from April 1, and branches of Syndicate Bank as that of Canara Bank.
- It informed that Allahabad Bank branches will operate as those of Indian Bank while the branches of Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank will function as the branches of Union Bank of India from the beginning of next fiscal year 2020-21.
- Customers, including depositors of merging banks will be treated as customers of the banks in which these banks have been merged with effect from April 1, 2020.
♦In a first, India, France conduct joint patrols from Reunion Island
- India and France, For the first time, have conducted joint patrols from the Reunion Island, signalling New Delhi’s intent to engage with friendly foreign partners in expanding its footprint in the Indian Ocean, focusing on the stretch between the East African coastline and the Malacca straits.
- “The Indian Navy conducted a joint patrol with with the French Navy last month from the Reunion Island. The patrol was conducted by a P-8I aircraft with French Navy personnel onboard,” two defence.
♦Tamil folk singer, actress Paravai Muniyamma Passed away
- Folk singer and actress Paravai Muniyamma died in Madurai on 29th March. The octogenarian had been suffering from age-related ailments for a few years now.
- She shot to fame in 2003 with her role in the film Dhool, in which she starred alongside actors Vikram and Jyothika. Her song Madurai veeran became a huge hit and she went on to star in several Tamil films.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|